1 (edited by BotoX 2011-12-28 16:23:14)

Topic: Triviabot

Hai guys (and girls tongue)! I've coded a "Triviabot" for Teeworlds.
A Triviabot is a bot (:o) which is asking questions.
My Triviabot is using the teeworlds engine to connect and message with servers. I removed the complete gamepart and graphic/sound/input stuff to be ressource efficient.

It's randomly joining in a server which is filtered by: min. 6 players, not full, no password.
It joins the server and tells you to write !triviastart to start a trivia.
If you do the bot explains the game and starts asking random questions from a list.
After 15 seconds you get a hint which is the correct answer with some of the letters replaced by a "-".
You also get points for every question you answer and the faster you answer it, the more points you get!
The score is saved and sorted. You can get your own rank or show the top5 (fucking cheaters big_smile).
Everything is finished and working but i only got 8 questions so far xD (You can ofc. help me with them ^^)

My questions: Do you like it?
Should I publish the sourcecode? Remember: Spambots in our teeworld aren't fine! (First the forum, now the game xD)
And is this permitted by the devs? (Zombie players on every server tongue)

Btw: For the people who don't want it to join in their server, just write #noTrivia in your motd. If the bot joins in your server it will search for that string in the motd and leave if it finds it.

Credits go to Theolol for the idea.
BotoX smile

2 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2011-12-28 16:31:09)

Re: Triviabot

Terrible idea, we got enough human spamm0r.
Edit: And I doubt (hope) our devs will permit such things.
Btw: Please change the way your bot will join servers. What's about if he will just join servers with #trivia in their name? That would be fine for me, everything else not.

It's pretty funny though.
In Instagib servers the people will vote him out. In DDRace servers people will enjoy playing. I think...

4 (edited by Theolol 2011-12-28 16:33:50)

Well I don't like it that way neither.
You should have added the quiz into a client as I asked you for and not as a own AI.

But keep on workin' man.

Edit: How 'bout calling the bot with changing name into "TriviabotCome" or anything like that ?

5 (edited by BotoX 2011-12-28 16:41:42)

You can write "connect <ip>" in the config and it connects to the server tongue
Edit:

Slayer *gV* wrote:

Btw: Please change the way your bot will join servers. What's about if he will just join servers with #trivia in their name? That would be fine for me, everything else not.

Nobody will write #trivia in the servername... There are also lots of kids which are joining servers and spamming. This bot is asking questions and not bullshit.

6 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:00:53)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

It's not wasting slots. It's wasting one slot.
And to read the motd I need to join the server...
Also you haven't read the text:
The bot joins a server and asks if anyone wants to play a trivia. If one writes !triviastart the trivia start if not it disconnects in 30 seconds. You can also vote that it leaves with !triviastop (~40% need to vote).

8 (edited by jxsl13 2011-12-28 20:42:32)

I do not really consider it a spambot, rather a funbot and as far as i understood it doesnt spam, it just asks questions after 15 secs( spam interval is at 1 - 2 secs)

This bot would be funny on zcatch servers when it is in spec and asks the "catched" some stupid questions in the teamchat.
hmmmm

keep up your work, maybe it will become a kind of gameclient but rather for spectatores than for the playing ones.
hm, hope you'll release it as well as a kind of  base "rule" files as exaple on how to set up the question interval etc.

greets jxsl13

how about making an econ triviabot?
It could use broadcast to communicate with the spectatores team.. would like to see the outcome smile

Pro econ: isnt wasting any slots smile

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

9 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:00:38)

Deleted.

10 (edited by BotoX 2011-12-28 21:18:55)

Why on fucking earth are you complaining so much? There are irc triviabots and also triviabots in other games and people never complain about them. If people don't like it they wont start a trivia and the bot leaves. And after the trivia starts it's only writing Q: Question and blabla answer was corrent he gained xxx score and is rank yyy. I mean that's not really spam. Most of the time I play trivia with people it's fucking epic because of our stupid answers to the hard questions and guessing the falling letters in the Hint ^^

I'm open for any suggestions but not for raging and swearing around like a little pussy. SPAMBOT SPAMBOT OMFG!!! IT ASKS FUCKING QUESTIONS!!!!! You're more annoying then the triviabot man...

@jxsl13 the usage is easy: create a file named trivia.cfg
to add a question just write question_add "Question" "Answer" and it will be added. It's a console command which gets executed when calling the config ^^ very easy but it works perfect big_smile

Edit: Oh there is also a nice feature in the teeworlds client. You can mute other players.

11 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:00:27)

Deleted.

BotoX wrote:

Why on fucking earth are you complaining so much? There are irc triviabots and also triviabots in other games and people never complain about them.

And Teeworlds servers have limited slots, unlike IRC. Don't bring this kind of shit to Teeworlds, please.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

13 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:00:22)

Deleted.

14 (edited by jxsl13 2011-12-28 22:45:55)

I agree with the dudes before me, i think it should be a kind of econ-mod that is used willingly and not a kind of spam-bot-like, slot wasting client...
Hope you'll make a econ mod out of it, cuz most of the people dont like the client idea.... follow the flow of the community and you'll get a better reputation for your work.
As i have witnissed myself(within the past half hour), TeePhoenix likes to complain xD.. dont rage about lil things like criticism.

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

The idea of this is to be randomly on your server. And not that you join in a server when you want to play a trivia.
When I got my internet back I'm going to start it and watch peoples reaction. Maybe filtering servers with instagib or vanilla. Race, DDRace, zCatch players will enjoy it more.

Try doing this serverside on request of players. That would solve the problem.

It would be lots easyer to do it serversided but it's fucking nonsense to have it only on some servers. I want to reach many playergroups with the triviabot and compare them etc.
Also it isn't giving any advantage to me nor it's spamming the server or promoting commercial shit. The devs should normaly allow it. Also people can vote to stop the bot. And the trivia wont even start without a player on the server wanting it. I can't see anything annoying here.
And rly who cares for that one slot. Rather a bot then a twelve year old kid.

BotoX wrote:

Rather a bot then a twelve year old kid.

Wow, that's nonsense. A bot is a lot worse then a twelve year old kid. You have something against 12 year old's?

Nater

Imho you are afraid that noone would like your bot, so noone would put #trivia in his servername or server-motd.
Thus you want to reverse it, that people have to protect against him, hoping some server-admins would'nt recognize it and wouldn't do.

Dune wrote:

Don't bring this kind of shit to Teeworlds, please.

I made a topic to see if people like the idea. Seems like they don't like it. But the only arguments are that it's a spambot and coming "without any permission". Teeworlds is opensrc, when you host a public server everything can join in your server. And since this isn't damaging the server or the players it's allowed. And remember the bot joins and enters spec. He says two sentences and leaves after thirty seconds (dafuq numbers aren't working via phone browser o_O). If noone likes it it will just leave. And when somebody starts the trivia others can stop it through writing !triviastop or votekick (triviastop needs ~fourty%). And again: doing it serverside is bullshit.

Only spamming the mods which are unpopular on this forum don't make this legit. Fact is, we'll have random uninvited non-human bots joining server and flooding it before leaving it, and we'll have to deal with that shit (yes, again) in all the servers where the admin hadn't be smart enough to ban your IP.

It would only make sense if it's done server sided so you don't flood others servers, people joining these servers would acknowledge the fact they have to deal with this. You just realize nearly noone will want of that on his own server, and thus wanna invade other servs.

Ah, and the "opensrc" argument doesn't make any f*cking sense, doesn't mean you're allowed to flood the server. Hey, the Internet is free for all, what if I use 500 devices to ping your IP? Oh, crap, that's called DDos.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Again: 2 chatmessages aren't spam and flooding. And when you start a quiz you only see a message every 15 seconds. You'll se more chatmessages from random smalltalk then from the bot.
But ok I wont make it public or take it online.

If server admins want it on theirs server then it's fine, but don't make it join servers without permission.
Basic rule of politeness.

I what version he is?? I have not sawed him tongue

Teecrusaders clan
Teenews!
Leefy's blog! Never give up! on the way of becoming a programer! wink

I haven't took it online because I am changing to fiber internet and only got mobile atm.
And I won't start it on the root because then it runs for hours and "floods" servers.
But when I got internet again I'll give it a try to see peoples reaction.