Re: Do you have any ideas for new power-ups?

In the actual scene, all the so-called "high level" matches are played without power ups.
I believe people is going to stick with this setting, no matter what we add.

Still, it might be useful to have not only two options(1-on / 0-off),  but three:
One of those would still disable all the power ups, another one would limit the power ups (to maybe the most basic ones) and the third one would stand for a more fun and less serious game (which could include many more power ups).
It's just an idea, I think it might bring more players back to vanilla.

-----

What about random power ups (the tee doesn't know what he'll get)?

I like Somerunce's bomb mod as an idea of a power up.
The player who gets this "power up" has x seconds to pass the bomb to another player before it explodes, which would kill the tee holding it and damage nearby tees.

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

27 (edited by Ryomou Hentai Girl 2011-11-19 06:05:27)

ok, some good ideas but..

somethings on this topic made me really worried..

just saying

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

28 (edited by Broken 2011-11-19 12:37:21)

Landil wrote:

Dear communitee,

we are thinking about enriching plain vanilla game play with some further power-ups and changing the ninja. Maybe you have some really creative ideas which suits the teestyle?

Point (1) The classic teestyle is beautiful just because it is that, "classic." Like the rules of chess, the simplicity combined with the options makes deep game-play, but I don't really want exploding kings all of a sudden, though I like chess variants once in awhile (yes, there is an exploding pieces variant.)

Point (2) The basic gameplay still needs tweaking so it is worrisome to be adding super rainbows, butterfly shields, and such wackiness usually associated with unsupported mods. The basic hammer needs tweaking, as do some other basic things I've previously mentioned, but were we to add a real vanilla weapon it should be basic as well.

The ninja could use some tweaking, I'd say slightly shorter lifespan and slightly less momentum, also a better skin and better sound effects.

I already did the butterfly shield one year ago... well without butterflys ofc. Imo its more useful and better balanced then the ninja. Ofc it would stll need some tweaking but it was pretty fun to play with it smile
It is strong against the laser because it absorbs it completely but weak against grenades since the explosion would still reach the tee with 4 hit points while 3 of the butterflies could be destroyed at once.

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

I would have a netlauncher ! It could be revolutionary for the defense in vanilla but I don't know if the high level community of vanilla would have this changement.

http://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/15/43/61/30/defaul10.png

This weapon could be awesome, but his power must be limited. So I propose some rules which, I hope, will not have an enormous impact for the changement of the teamjob in vanilla.
There are the rules:
-    Only 3 shoots against 10 for a normal weapons
-    The netlauncher could block the movements of the enemy but he could following to shoot and hook.
-    The apparition of the weapon would be longer than a normal weapon.
After for the physic it could be awesome that the weapon would be attracted by the gravity and could block 2 guys in the same net (even 2 guys who are enemies, or block your ally(ies)).

So that’s my idea for the 0.7, I hope you’ll like it !

We see many tees running fast like a bat out of hell, in CTF, DM or anywhere else. So why not having a powerup which allows the tee to leave a firetrail for a short time when reached a certain running speed? Tees who stay on the fire recieve at least 1 shield or health damage per second.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff304/RT-13/herpaderp.png

So yeah, Michael Jackson's "Speed Demon" taken a bit too serious.

A wise man told his fellow FPS gamers once: "god forbid any of you going into war"

If you want to play classic teeworlds, I suggest to play teewars 0.1.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I always liked the idea of a power-up that gives your shots the power to disable the hook of the person you shot for a certain period of time (something like 1 second, or damage-based)

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Landil wrote:

Graphical effects:
A "holy" power chain between the linked tees and some special graphics for the tee who has the power-up.
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8941/powerup2.png

since when does the rifle deal 6 dmg?? lulz..

Patafix wrote:

since a few years?
ever played Vanilla?

Laser does 5 damage. See source code

Mosi wrote:

since when does the rifle deal 6 dmg?? lulz..

Landil wrote:

Tees in a certain range around the who got the power-up will share the damage they receive.

I think it is just easier to show that the damage gets shared with 6 cause 6/3 = 2, but 5/3 = 1.

how about ceil-ing the values wink
ceil(5/3.0f) = 2

MAP94 wrote:

how about ceil-ing the values wink
ceil(5/3.0f) = 2

I guess Oy would say keep it simple. It's just for showing.

Cool idea... Gun: 1damage
7 tees around.

1 damage for all 8 tees. cool idea big_smile

39 (edited by dremy 2011-11-20 15:29:44)

All those power ups are really cool good job all .I have an idea too, so sit back and listen...i See some ideas with shields around a tee for protection or a laser deal damage to Tees around, all those ideas are really cool and i have one too....If we make a client open and need pass and id to login to backround like,You have an account to Teeworlds.

like people are 1 level on their teeworlds Account can't have shields 2 shields in 5 level in 7lvl 3 and 10lvl 5.

If Landil and other community agrees with this idea Lets open the "Box" of ideas Mix them all together and BEST GAME EVER
after all of that make teeworlds even more public [Make more People play]   ^^

Love from Dremy big_smile

If you want a perfect map for your own server you can PM me to make you one ^^

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

To put it in a nutshell:
1. There will be new power-ups.
2. There won't be new weapons.
3. There won't be any boring stuff.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Wooohoooooooooooooo confirmation, finally big_smile

Visit our clan: =Eagle= !

So Landil what you say for my idea?

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

43 (edited by Mecha-Kirby 2011-11-20 21:12:00)

Well, creating new ideas is fun, but did anybody made thoughts about how the powerups will look like? I have a little concept which show how they may look like:
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff304/RT-13/derpaherp.png

Top left: firetrail powerup
Top right: speed booster
Bottom left: shrink powerup (will the powerups react to physics?)
Bottom right: pill
(they aren't actual ideas, I made them because repetitive images are boring)

Aside from that, could there be a list with approved powerups at the first post?

A wise man told his fellow FPS gamers once: "god forbid any of you going into war"

44 (edited by oaký' 2011-11-20 20:03:58)

What about taking weapons or Powerups up  by hooking them?
(don't know if anybody said that before)

1.Weird idea : you can put teeworlds on facebook to play and more people enter

2. Power Up / Abilities Ideas! (PLEASE THINK IT WOULD BE AWESOME)  :

Fire , the tee characters when grab a Fire item (like a fire flower of mario)( they can grab it like it was a weapon)
And then they Spit Fire to the enemys that do medium damage but they can continue firing like it was a dragon(fire all time from their mouth) and its limited ammo of fire.  To use it they would press F

Kamehameha / Hadouken : With an animation the tees can do a kamehameha/hadouken pressing a button for that special powerup (example : press K To use your hadouken!)

Freeze ! : they can spit no fire, this time water, and can freeze others with their ice , and then they cant move for 4 seconds in an ice cube

Invisibility: Power up to be invisible so no one can see you , example button for that could be : I
But no 100% invisible , the tees can be like 80 % invisible so you can hardly see them

See people that is invisible : You put that green glasses to ssee invisible tees and you can hit them

PD .. this powerups can be like you select your power up in config of your tee and then in battle you use
an icon that means Powerup and you can use your power , or .... you can go in the stage and find each power up to use it ( it would be cool to have the both ideas )

46 (edited by Franchan 2011-11-21 01:57:22)

Boring stuff is cool. (simpler the better (like the butterfly shields minus the butterflies))
Fun stuff is not serious enough. (shouldn't be taken seriously)

How are powerups going to be distributed? It doesn't seem like we are going to put them as pickups as you would have to make new maps or change old ones (and we all know how maps are doing in teeworlds right now). Killstreaks seem like an interesting idea but would change teeworlds too drastically if not balanced properly. What other way is there to obtain powerups?

And it is probably assumed high level players will not accept powerups into their games (not even fun games as far as I know) so what about the general community? The most played map is ctf5 and even that doesn't use the ninja (a powerup).

EDIT : Morestuff: How about a suits? (nodamage grenade jumps, immune to hooks, or something like that)

how about a powerup which allows you to steal the weapon of an enemy ?

for example: you pickup the powerup and you can steal the weapon/ammo of the next enemy you hook.

48 (edited by Pudding 2011-11-21 15:45:56)

Hey :D

My Idea werewolfs :D

Great furry tees with claws that dealing a lot of damage and really angry looking eyes :D

I drawed a lovely pic :D

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7585/werewolfe.png

I hope you like the idea :D

//EDIT: I don't know how the pickup should looks like, but a werewolftooth could be good :D

//EDIT2: After watching on this picture for about 5min, the werewolf looks like an alien with his baby, but yeah ...

If the community will add more tiles with speacial graphics to vanilla - that will be great. How about water, lava, fire (probably wind?) tiles or projectiles? TW fans who modding teeworlds servers are not capable to produce such thinks cause of predicting and vanilla client graphics.
Btw, mb ut's offtopic, but how about loading all graphics from server to client if mod requers? For exp.: in bulid mod client loads wrench instead of hammer. Cuz now mods are limited by client only.

stick to topic pls  // Landil