1 (edited by phantamquyen 2011-10-17 14:34:16)

Topic: [HELP] I need help on hosting a zombie mod map

I know how to host a map already, but it only a dm or tdm map. I want to host a zombie map, I follow every basic step to host a dm map but it won't work on zombie mod, someone please help. The problem here is when I join the game, type in "addvote zombie_start" it said no such command is addvote, someone please help sad .

Re: [HELP] I need help on hosting a zombie mod map

Is this on 0.6.0? I didn't know they had that on 0.6.0..

Italic text

It seems he misunderstood how to run a modification, like zombie.

The vote "zombie_start" is provided by the mod "zombie", its an other server application (teeworlds_srv). (So there is no need to add this twice).
You have to to download it (search for the download like first) and run the server via this application.

Chrisfield12 wrote:

As far as I know it isn't. Means he has to connect with a 0.5 teeworlds client...

PS: Its the same way for all mods, like instagib, ddrace or others.

Slayer *gV* wrote:

It seems he misunderstood how to run a modification, like zombie.

The vote "zombie_start" is provided by the mod "zombie", its an other server application (teeworlds_srv). (So there is no need to add this twice).
You have to to download it (search for the download like first) and run the server via this application.

Chrisfield12 wrote:

As far as I know it isn't. Means he has to connect with a 0.5 teeworlds client...

PS: Its the same way for all mods, like instagib, ddrace or others.

Let me see if I understand you point or not:
did you means I need to download 0.5 teeworlds, then find the zombie sever application on the Internet. then download zombie map, host a zombie map by using the "specific application" then I can play zombie mod!
Right? big_smile please help, I'm a newbie in this game but I love it >"<

You're right.
Zombie is a modification and no official gametype. Means it isn't included in the official teeworlds server application. To run modifications, do it the way you wrote.

Btw: It would be more easy to download 0.5 teeworlds and join an already existing zombie server...

Slayer *gV* wrote:

You're right.
Zombie is a modification and no official gametype. Means it isn't included in the official teeworlds server application. To run modifications, do it the way you wrote.

Btw: It would be more easy to download 0.5 teeworlds and join an already existing zombie server...

Thanks dude! A now I can play my games thanks a lot!

No problem.
Have fun and enjoy teeworlds! smile