1 (edited by NoxNebula 2011-09-29 20:53:27)

Topic: [Discontinued] Catching

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10406784/Teeworlds/Catching/images/CatchingLogo.png
The original is back!

Announcement:
I have stoped working on this mod, because the demand is too low. Nobody agrees to make a map or supporting the modification in a different way. Therefore, further development is senseless.
Perhaps Sushi will continue the developement.

Hello everyone there.
I decided to port my Catching mod with Sushi from 0.5 to 0.6, i did a complete rewrite of this mod, twice big_smile
This mod has complete new features, like the colorchooser and the new joining system.
It isn't finished yet, but we shall see when it will be finished.

What I need
I need some players which test my mod and urgently people which create new maps in dm (vanilla) style for 16 players. Maps in every theme (winter, jungle, desert, grass, etc.) would be nice.

Features
- Up to 16 Catching-Teams
- Free Colorchoice
- Joining System
- Teleporter
- Speedups
- HideTiles
- Instagib ("Vanilla" is also possible)
- much more, but i can't remember (later more ^^)

Coming Soon
- A Broadcast System tongue
- Maybe nice powerups smile

Mapping
You will need these entities:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10406784/Teeworlds/Catching/images/entitiesmini.png
and This client.

You can also use the Client Pack by Sushi (The entities should already be included)

Entity explanation

The Hide Out - Entity
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10406784/Teeworlds/Catching/images/HideTile.png
With this entitie you can create new Hide Outs for Players. If a tee go in, he got added a shield on his head (Thats the sign that enemies can't see them), and enemies can't but team members can see him. (That are tactical points)

Other entities
They are equally like the race entities

Config

sv_free_join              - [3, 2, 16]  - "Maximum ingame player before new player can't join in an active round"
sv_time_between_rounds    - [3, 1, 10]  - "Time to wait until a new round starts"
sv_extra_points           - [5, 0, 20]  - "Increase the score by the specified value"
sv_auto_assign_color_time - [20, 0, 60] - "The time in seconds that remaining in wich the player can choose a team (0 = off)"
sv_hideouts               - [1, 0, 1]   - "Enable or disable hiding places"

// Teleporter
sv_strip              - [0, 0, 1] - "Enable or disable keeping weapon after teleporting"
sv_teleport           - [1, 0, 1] - "Enable or disable teleportation"
sv_teleport_grenade   - [0, 0, 1] - "Enable or disable teleport of grenade"
sv_teleport_kill      - [0, 0, 1] - "Teleporting one someone kills him"
sv_teleport_vel_reset - [0, 0, 1] - "Reset velocity after teleport"

for chatcommands say ingame /cmdlist or /cmd for admins /admincmd
Game Types

"Vanilla"-Catch: sv_gametype catch
Instagib-Catch:  sv_gametype icatch

Downloads
Releases:
- Server: -
- Client: -

Latest builds:
- Server: Windows x86, Linux x86_64 (Maybe older than Windows), Mac OSX
- Client: Windows x86, Linux, Mac OSX

Sourcecode:
Catching @ Github
- Issues

Testservers
*gV* - Catching DEV -> 91.121.181.56:8398 or sushitee.de:8398 or insane-architects.net:8398 (xD)

Known issues
This mod isn't stable yet.

Mod by Nox Nebula (Noxi Foxi) and Sushi

So far,
having fun, the release coming soon.

Re: [Discontinued] Catching

Cool smile
But implementing instagib isn't hard, is it?

PS: Singular of entities: entity.
(Not for flaming, just because the topic should look good) smile

heinrich5991 wrote:

Cool smile
But implementing instagib isn't hard, is it?

PS: Singular of entities: entity.
(Not for flaming, just because the topic should look good) smile

It isn't hard, right, but I'm lazy in relation to this smile

->PS: fixed ^^

Good work! smile
Nice to see you in the forums again smile

Once in a century...

Nox wrote:

Mapping
You will need these entities:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10406784/Teewor … esmini.png
and This client.

The client is only needed for teleports, isnt it? For playing and mapping (without tp) i wont need it?

PS: KISS (:

Slayer *gV* wrote:

The client is only needed for teleports, isnt it? For playing and mapping (without tp) i wont need it?

Yes currently the client is only needed for teleports and speedups smile But later we will add some features to the client big_smile

Slayer *gV* wrote:

PS: KISS (:

wink

Nice work.
Thumbs up wink

Very good work. smile

9 (edited by NoxNebula 2011-05-29 19:21:56)

fixed Issue 42
fixed (maybe) a crash point

10 (edited by goo 2011-06-05 11:33:02)

I remember first playing this, was very fun. Thanks for making it possible on 0.6.0. Also thanks for server. Now I can host one locally and local community will enjoy and grow even more.

You have said that instagib is not implemented, but I have seen instagib servers?

Also, the old topic is broken, links are in open view, etc. http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4621

I was looking for an example config. Could someone put one here please, I'm sure it will also help other people who are looking at hosting servers. I found one here though: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4810

So I will put it up. I don't know which settings have been changed or added, so please improve on these settings.

sv_name "-Catching 3.1-"
sv_motd Catching Mod by Nox Nebula
sv_warmup 0
sv_rcon_password
password

sv_gametype tdm
sv_register 1
sv_port 8300
sv_external_port 0
sv_bindaddr
sv_high_bandwidth 0
sv_scorelimit 0

sv_max_clients 16
#sv_spectator_slots 0

sv_teambalance_time 0
sv_tournament_mode 1 #Cheatprotection
sv_spamprotection 1

sv_powerups 0

sv_map juglecatch
sv_maprotation
sv_weapons 1
sv_damage 1
sv_teleport 1

addvote sv_map junglecatch
addvote sv_map grasscatch
addvote sv_map ctf3
addvote " "
addvote restart
addvote " "
addvote "Play with Weapons
addvote "sv_weapons 1; sv_damage 1; restart"
addvote "sv_weapons 0; sv_damage 0; restart"
addvote " "
addvote "Show name plates"
addvote sv_show_name 1
addvote sv_show_name 0
addvote " "
addvote "Catch players with damage (1), or with one hit (0)"
addvote sv_damage 1
addvote sv_damage 0
addvote " "
addvote "Activate (1) or Deactivate (0) weapons (after: vote restart)"
addvote sv_weapons 1
addvote sv_weapons 0

I hope this helps anyone in the future looking for help on server settings.

11 (edited by NoxNebula 2011-06-06 18:45:32)

Instagib is now sucessfuly implemented.

---
@goo; i'll add an example config in the soon release. The config there is outdated ^^

NoxNebula you are awesome! Thanks.
I will have catch server up on 0.6.0 soon, just busy with exams. Unfortunately people outside of South Africa will have terrible ping on the south africa servers, so its mostly aimed at those local to country. But I will still notify you of any issues/bugs if there are any.

13 (edited by HipHopBlond 2011-07-03 19:39:06)

Nox, great mod, I'm hosting a server from at least a month now smile

I didn't had much to do today so I thought why don't I make you some Client & Server builds for the Catching mod from the latest source code on Github for the community (+ I can update my server ^^).

All fixes, updates done to the source since 1 month applied, the difference in the size between the old and the new binary is very big (I updated my server), get 'em while they're hot:

Windows Builds:

TeeWorlds_Catching_Server_Windows.exe (Thx to my Desktop, Windows Based PC smile)

TeeWorlds_Catching_Client_Windows.exe (Thx to my Desktop, Windows Based PC smile)

Linux Builds:

TeeWorlds_Catching_Server_Linux (Thx to my Laptop - Netbook, Linux Based PC smile)

TeeWorlds_Catching_Client_Linux (Thx to my Laptop - Netbook, Linux Based PC smile)

~

Look and Choose yourself.

P.P.: No possible errors detected.

For the compilation errors under linux, it's because you haven't installed the dev packages for opengl and sdl.
If you're using a debian based distro (Debian, Ubuntu, ...) the packages are libgl1-mesa-dev (default opengl dev package, there are other if you're using proprietary drivers) and libsdl1.2-dev

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

spl0k wrote:

For the compilation errors under linux, it's because you haven't installed the dev packages for opengl and sdl.
If you're using a debian based distro (Debian, Ubuntu, ...) the packages are libgl1-mesa-dev (default opengl dev package, there are other if you're using proprietary drivers) and libsdl1.2-dev

I'm using Ubuntu, ty spl0k, will install them and re-compile.

EDIT: Finally... it took me 3 hours to find everything I needed as it was a bit more than spl0k suggested, but... it's all well when it ends well, right? smile

TeeWorlds_Catching_Client_Linux

P.P.: Previous post updated.

as far as i know the link in the first post is already the newest version ^^

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

17 (edited by NoxNebula 2011-09-25 13:42:52)

I have stoped working on this mod, because no one is interested in it. Nobody agrees to make a map or supporting the modification in a different way. Therefore, further development is senseless.

don't worry, i think "invisible tile" should be official, but invisible for all (also for teammate),
so on mapping could create hidden places, example behind a tree

Wow, I was wondering yesterday if this mod was converted to 0.6. Imo you did a rly good job with this mod, too bad its not so popular. I was enjoying it on previous version.

NoxNebula wrote:

I have stoped working on this mod, because no one is interested in it. Nobody agrees to make a map or supporting the modification in a different way. Therefore, further development is senseless.

I'm interested in this mod. ;D Just today there is an event with this modification.
Also i can create a new map. Maybe you've seen some of mine. :3

CarmineZ wrote:

don't worry, i think "invisible tile" should be official, but invisible for all (also for teammate),
so on mapping could create hidden places, example behind a tree

Teeworlds is about fighting, not about hiding, that's why there aren't many places to hide on standard maps.

I agree, indeed Teeworlds does not fit the smoke / sneaking style where clear vision upon the ennemy is supposed to be a pain.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

if a mapper don't put too much hidden places, this feature add new good actractive strategies in the game, .... isn't bad for official vanilla, the same for any mods....  the mapper have to use it in right way

Teeworlds is a fast-paced shooter, creating spots to camp would break the gameplay.

25 (edited by CarmineZ 2011-09-26 20:00:34)

but i am a "noob", and 30% of people that play teeworlds are noobs, & to WE noobs love this things!