Topic: Another Brutal Dark Client?

Today when i was playing, i was expecting a normal match... but one of the players, had an instagib gun in vanilla!

I was playing normaly when this guy called "norshem[GER]" Joined, he by some reason ran around killing everyone with a single shot, and when he spawned he had his launcher!

He even confessed it was a cheat, but didn't get any info,

Has anyone ever seen this cheat?

The funny about this signature is that you
don't realize until now that it's a useless signature
but it's too late to stop reading.

Re: Another Brutal Dark Client?

YES! YES! YES!
This happened to me too! i'm not alone! xDD
although i thought it was lag... when i had 34 ping xD

But yesh, i've met a guy called "[LORD]Skyth" Who had this cheat! >:(

idiots need to stop hacking.

Account inactive since 11/8
.. Although i sometimes visit :3...

It is a modded server with an official gametype name. You should report the server since it is not allowed.

Server side hacks.

AwayD wrote:

It is a modded server with an official gametype name. You should report the server since it is not allowed.

Nono, it's not the server, the Admin was my friend, he entered the server and banned him later on, only he had a laser, and everyone called him a hacker.

maybe he hacked the rcon and set laser damage higher. But dont know how he got the laser xD

Warfates wrote:
AwayD wrote:

Nono, it's not the server, the Admin was my friend, he entered the server and banned him later on, only he had a laser, and everyone called him a hacker.

I'm not sure if he is trolling you.

In teeworlds, the server doesnt trust the client at all. Means, the server process the datas and sends them to each client.
(Example: Player1 moves to the rifle spot, he picks the rifle up. Server: "Hey, all 16 clients connected to me: Player1 has now as active weapon a rifle!" Player1: "Cool, i got a rifle". Player2-15: "Roger that")

A client can't send datas like (Hey i got a rifle with 20 damage) to the server.
(Example: Player1: "Hey, server, please tell everyone i picked up a rifle dealing 20 damage right now!" Server: "My data says you got as active weapon the hammer, and you didn't even pick a rifle up. Go away!?" Player2-15: "Trololol")

It would of course be possible if there was a bug in the server which can be exploited to give the user laser. MAybe this is the case here.

ghost wrote:

It would of course be possible if there was a bug in the server which can be exploited to give the user laser. MAybe this is the case here.

... hmm, SephN6, What server did you play on? if we played on the same it would be obvious.

I have one expirence whit some player whit that cheat to.
The same player (I dont remeber the name) have other cheat who make it have infinite shots...

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

It's solved, my friend were running a mod as a pure gametype, it was his own mod he called "lasers", were you should have all guns + the instagib sniper, the server was really buuggy since his only 13 years old, he's not really a gifted coder.

Phew, it was no hack.

Still he was not following the rules and should be reported. Do you have his IP address?

13 (edited by Warfates 2011-08-17 23:19:53)

GBKing wrote:

Still he was not following the rules and should be reported. Do you have his IP address?

I don't wanna bust my friend like that, you'll need to settle with the fact that he isn't running it as a pure ctf anymore. it's running as an LASER type now, although it's barely working.