1 (edited by Gravity 2012-05-13 19:53:27)

Topic: [MOD] Infection 0.6.1

Hi all,

I recoded my mod to 0.6.1.
I tried to make it the same as 0.5.2, soon i discovered it was just impossible.
So the main idea is the same, zombie vs humans. Only loads of small (and big) changes have been here.
Greetings,

Gravity
(For all the good readers yes i have to admit you guys something. I'm fazt-squirrel. Probably most of you wont recognize that name. To people who think i have not been active for a long time, you are wrong. Blu-ray and MassiveDynamix are my accounts too. And for the support staff, yes i know making multiple accounts is wrong (cant find the rules back atm so not sure). Still i hope you guys wont ban/remove this account.)

Main Idea:
All players spawn in a normal round. After 10 seconds one of the players will become infected.
The Infected player tries to infect other players by hitting them. However, humans try to stay alive and not getting infected.
Luckely The humans have hammers where they can build laser-walls with to protect themselves!

Round Ending Conditions
Timelimit reached or no zombies/humans left.

Server Commands:
command || description
zombie ID || Makes ID an zombie.
airstrike ID || Gives ID an airstrike or superjump.

Server Variables
command || default || description
inf_walldelay || 1 || Time before wall is active(in seconds)
inf_walllife || 30 || Time wall stays(in seconds)
inf_walllength || 256 || Length of a wall(in pixels)
inf_infectiondelay || 10 || Delay before the IZombie gets chosen.
inf_airstrikekills || 5 || Kills needed for an airstrike.
inf_superjumpkills || 2 || Kills needed for superjump.
inf_superjumpforce || 40 || Strength of superjump.
inf_zombie_explodes || 1 || Zombies explode. (0 = off, 1 = IZombie, 2 = All Zombies)
inf_airstrike_text || Red Alert. US Military gave %s an airstrike! || Text send when someone earns an airstrike (%s = player name)
inf_superjump_text || %s mutated and can now superjump! || Text send when someone earns superjump (%s = player name)

Entities
Red spawns are for zombies, blues for humans. Nothing changed apart from that!

Binaries
win32: https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … on_srv.exe (512 kb)
linux64: https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … worlds_srv (437 kb) (watch the 64, im sorry but i cant compile it to 32bits for now)
patch: Lost it, few fragmentations didn't quite help the life of the source.

Report any bugs to me, in this forum post. Not any way or any place else!

Re: [MOD] Infection 0.6.1

Awesome Job tongue

3 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2011-08-15 13:24:10)

Do you have some server working?

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

Do you have some server working?
Who have the same question make one upvote

If you mean that i got the server not crashing. Yes i did.
If you mean something else, i dont know what you mean.

I'm asking if you have some server... to try the game type!

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Gravity wrote:

(For all the good readers yes i have to admit you guys something. I'm fazt-squirrel. Probably most of you wont recognize that name. To people who think i have not been active for a long time, you are wrong. Blu-ray and MassiveDynamix are my accounts too. And for the support staff, yes i know making multiple accounts is wrong (cant find the rules back atm so not sure). Still i hope you guys wont ban/remove this account.)

Come on dude, for which reason do you need that many accounts? Which of your accounts do you want to get closed?

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

7 (edited by Gravity 2011-08-15 13:45:05)

Landil wrote:
Gravity wrote:

Come on dude, for which reason do you need that many accounts? Which of your accounts do you want to get closed?

Yes yes i know it is wrong, you can close all of them except this one ^^.

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

I'm asking if you have some server... to try the game type!

Eemh not anymore hmm

You are missing one information: When does a round end and who will be the winning tee?

And: Makes the laser-wall camping possible? Didn't understand this feature :\

Slayer *gV* wrote:

You are missing one information: When does a round end and who will be the winning tee?

The winning tees are the survivors, they get 5 points.

And yes it makes it possible, but zombies will camp too until the wall breaks and the zombies stream into your camp place... Soo it wouldn't be smart to camp.

I love this mod.
I remember the old one for 5.2 wich you made for my clan |D@RN| !
It was a great mod and lots of fun.
Now you recoded a similar mod with more features and better gameplay. Nice job man wink

Ps: Thanks again for you last mod you coded for |D@RN|.
Pps: Your portal mod is also nice tongue

Gravity wrote:
Slayer *gV* wrote:

But WHEN does a round end? After a specific time? If only few humans left? Or are humans able to kill zombies? oO

Slayer *gV* wrote:
Gravity wrote:
Slayer *gV* wrote:

But WHEN does a round end? After a specific time? If only few humans left? Or are humans able to kill zombies? oO

When timelimit is reached or there are no humans/zombies left. Btw. i think you should try first a round and then start asking questions, then i didn't have to explain this...

Gravity wrote:

When timelimit is reached or there are no humans/zombies left. Btw. i think you should try first a round and then start asking questions, then i didn't have to explain this...

Maybe. But maybe i just think that these are necessary things missing in your first post which should be added.

I once played this mod back in 0.5.2 and I loved it!!! However I didn't know the name of the mod back then. So thank you very much for porting it <3 smile

P.S. This is a true zombie mod.

Once in a century...

It plays a little bit like zESC... at first. But afterwards I found out that it's way less "run away" but much more find a place to protect yourself and barricade you in some small rooms from a horde of evil zombies

Anyway there are some points that could be polished in my opinion:
*) The laserwalls may be placed too easy on spawnpoints... so many zombies would die at respawn. I think that can be fixed with some "if msecs() - respawn_protection_timeout > 0 then die"
*) Customcolors are disabled... so if you choose for example the cammo  skin you would be green from start. It differs just a little bit from the zombies. To avoid the need of a custom-client I would prefer the zESC solution (blue / read team for normal players and zombies) - or if you allow custom colors then probably some flashing or blinking all few seconds

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Go, do it open source wink

sMo0g that wont happen, i will give the patch. But you will need to PM it. I have bad experience with making my mods opensource.

Gravity wrote:

sMo0g that wont happen, i will give the patch.

A bit contradictory, huh? Giving the patch away = making it open-source.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Yee, only the patch is on request. And i wont give the patch to anyone just asking for it.

If you wonder why you can't run this binary on linux 32, you may have a look at this: http://picshare.at/img/1315162452_screenshot.1.png
It seems to be the 64 bit version smile

If you would've executed a 64bit executable on a 32bit system, it wouldn't start at all, printing no text messages or something like that. You seem to have the 32bit binary run on a 64bit system, and the error is that the server didn't find the map, so it couldn't start.

I helped a friend who had problems running this - as labeled - linux32 version on his Debian (32bit). It was saying something like 'cannot execute file'.
I took the binary and tried to run it on my Debian which can run 32bit as well as 64bit programs. It worked.
I ran teeworlds in 32 and 64 bit and compared it. That is what is shown in the screenshot i posted.
You may have a look at it again and compare the underlined parts. It says it is running on amd64, like teeworlds 64bit. If it was 32bit, wouldn't have it printed ia32 instead, like teeworlds 32bit?

apt-get install ia32-libs, i think. just google it

Cool mod.

hey,
Maybe u could make 2 Teams instead of one? i think this would be better wink
And maybe i will update my infection mod (started it already, its 0.5 trunk source now i think).
im not sure yet..
But the nicest think would be to make a mod together wink
Just an idea, but if u want smile