Topic: [CLIENT] New HUD modification. New features.

Client modification: new HUD

First of all, a HUD is where the game displays the weapons, health, armor, score,... and all that stuff.

I have designed this new HUD (based on the previous one) with some kind of new design. I have spent on it some hours and I would like to share it with you. If you are developer, you'll see in the source code that I've copied some pieces of code. That's because I'm not a great developer smile .

New features:

• Previous health and armor bars have been deleted. Now they are a couple of solid bars.

• Health and armor indicators (with numbers).

• Low-health blinking effect: when you have 1, 2 or 3 hearths, then the health bar starts to blink.

• Added a weapons bar with ammo indicator (with numbers). It's not totally developed.

• Previous ammo bar (with pictures) is now smaller.

• Time starts to blink when remaining time is less than 30 seconds.

• The score indicators have been moved to the top. Now I think it takes less space on the screen.

• Added personal score indicator on non-team-based games.

• NEW: added position (1st, 2nd,...) indicator and difference of kill with the winning player (+10,+3,-4,...). It only works on non-team-based games (DM, iDM, TAG and probably other few mods).

• Added scorelimit indicator on non-team-based games.

Known problems:

• Sometimes, if texts are too long, they can stay one over the other one.

• Ammo indicators are NOT TOTALLY DEVELOPED, it only shows the ammo that you previously have.

• I don't know it, but it could lag your PC a bit more than the default HUD.

Thanks to:

• Teeworlds developers, because I have copied some pieces of their code.

• @buffer[] and @choupom, because they answered me in another topic when I asked for help.

Screenshots and download:

I have deleted the names I have been able.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7666/image03.th.png
http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/2522/image02k.th.png
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/7123/image01x.th.png

Download link (executable (for Win32 only) and source code):
http://www.mediafire.com/?jytokvgyur0

Please, give me your opinion.

Re: [CLIENT] New HUD modification. New features.

wow nice
but i dont like the hp hud
pls make a checkbox for new or old

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Domination Mod "Developer"
« Uptee Designer

3 (edited by Lanta 2010-03-30 12:50:46)

Nice job!
I think many of these improvements are really well done and could be integrated in the official project... many of them are really useful... ^^
In my honest opinion it should be more "customizable" in the config but, for the rest, perfect!
Keep working on it!

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

4 (edited by Kottizen 2010-03-30 16:30:26)

Linux x86_64:
http://solidfiles.com/info_imgs/28101584aaa12fd6a3fac50ec7518c3b.jpg

Linux x86:
http://solidfiles.com/info_imgs/2CDt.jpg

Wow, thank you very much for comment. I wasn't sure if you would like it.

And thank you very much @Kottizen for porting it to linux!

Yes, I thought about making some options in the menu, but I preferred to publish it like it is now. I will consider it.

You should replace the health/armor indicator so that it fits with the pics.
I don't really like that hud in fact, because I think if someone has to improve the hud indicator, he should tries to minimize place on the screen, not adding useless things such as the weapons on the top (I don't need this to know that I'm using hammer...) hmm
The timer is, in my opinion, really too big, but I like the idea of putting the scores on the upside of the scren.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

7 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2010-03-30 20:32:18)

You should add the number of ammo for the gun too, or doesnt it use ammo like the shotgun? ö.Ö

gun ammo switches
NICE CLIENT
much easyer

nice!

Please use your signature to advertise your clan, not every topic. // ~{MS}~ Azon

Wow this looks really nice! One problem though; how do I use it in game (I'm sorry if I sound really dumb with that question). big_smile

A.K.A.: Icedrake. My Tumblr is located here: http://icedrake.tumblr.com/. Please visit and leave comments or constructive criticism. wink

Download the posted application and run open this one, instead of your old teeworolds-application

C-Dawg wrote:

Wow this looks really nice! One problem though; how do I use it in game (I'm sorry if I sound really dumb with that question). big_smile

As @Zeratul said, download the file and extract Teeworlds.exe into your Teeworlds main folder. Then run the file.

ich1234566 wrote:

gun ammo switches

No it doesn't.
Gun's ammo come back only if it's your active weapon.

So it can be usefull wink

|ZPote| buffer[]'s posterous

Compiled it for Mac OS X intel and PPC here: http://eigan.no/tee/hud_client_mac/

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

Yeah really nice smile

Just a bug, if you get more than 10 hearts (mods) :
Bug HUD

Then, we should be able to know how many gun ammo we have.
And, i think there will be a problem if the round is set since more than 10000 hours.

Showing ammo for other weapons that the one you're using is usually considered a cheat, so I really think the author should remove such features.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

16 (edited by Lanta 2010-03-31 12:38:22)

Chi11y wrote:

Showing ammo for other weapons that the one you're using is usually considered a cheat, so I really think the author should remove such features.

Oh Chil1, everything is a cheat here?
Ok... it's an advantage... but every client modification it's an advantage... Why not, also TeeComp is an unfair advantage looking this way.  What do you mean by "usually"? Let's write down a list of feature considered "cheat", so everyone should be informed.

I think that's a good improvement... the thing should be considered a cheat is the ability for a player to choose black as a color of his tee... not this.

Lanta wrote:
Chi11y wrote:

Oh Chil1, everything is a cheat here?
Ok... it's an advantage... but every client modification it's an advantage... Why not, also TeeComp is an unfair advantage looking this way.  What do you mean by "usually"? Let's write down a list of feature considered "cheat", so everyone should be informed.

I think that's a good improvement... the thing should be considered a cheat is the ability for a player to choose black as a color of his tee... not this.

Strictly speaking, anything showing more information than the official client could be considered a cheat.

This time, we're talking about a feature that has been requested many times. It could have been added, but it was decided that it's the job of the player to remember how much ammo he has and which weapons he has picked up. That isn't needed with this client, and it gives a clear advantage.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Chi11y wrote:

Strictly speaking, anything showing more information than the official client could be considered a cheat.

Nice. I like the word "could"... not sure, but it can be... it depend...

Chi11y wrote:

This time, we're talking about a feature that has been requested many times. It could have been added, but it was decided that it's the job of the player to remember how much ammo he has and which weapons he has picked up. That isn't needed with this client, and it gives a clear advantage.

I love this point of view big_smile
Ok.

Anyway nice hud client.

@choupums bug: fix it with an if - if(hearts>10){bar=100}else{..}

And add some settings, where you can change to the old hud or the new.

Visit tee-league.de and tv.tee-league.de!

Chi11y wrote:

Mmmm... I didn't think that that feature was considered as a cheat. I thought that it could help the player, but an advantadge,... I didn't see it in that way.

Anyway, as I said in the main post, I think I can develope it perfectly, because I can't know how much ammo do the other weapons have, only the weapon you are using. So the ammo it shows is not totally correct, it can be that ammo or more ammo. The mod I think it would be an advantage is SURVIVAL. In this one, it gives some advantage, but a cheat...

@choupom and @KaiTee: I already knew that bug, but I forgot to fix it because I started to modify other things tongue . Thanks for the reminder anyway.

@MertenNor: thanks for the MAC version wink .

If I continue with the project, I'll add some options and the gun ammo. I would also fix some bugs when showing some large texts.

And at last, I want to say something. Actually, I did this project for practising my developing skills. I also wanted to do something useful, but it is clear that I haven't been able to do it perfect. I hope I improve my skills and I would continue working.

THANKS FOR ALL COMMENTS! big_smile

Um Does this work for mac osx because it looks very cool and i would like to extract it with my original game is that Possible thanks big_smile

Alabaster wrote:

Um Does this work for mac osx because it looks very cool and i would like to extract it with my original game is that Possible thanks big_smile

Please don't bump old threads.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Alabaster wrote:

how do you know it looks cool when the picture links are broken? ...
like dune sad dont bump old topics..

Alabaster wrote:

http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 908#p61908
Hmm...blind?
--------------------------

RedBerry wrote:

how do you know it looks cool when the picture links are broken? ...
like dune sad dont bump old topics..

Broken? They work fine for me.

P.S.

Du...someone wrote:

Please don't bump old threads.

Once in a century...