Topic: Finishing touches

We recently finished the jungle tileset (death tiles, unhookables, doodads, main tiles, midground tiles, background quad)

The desert tiles rework is nearly done, too. Only the desert doodads need some tweaks. The concept of the map graphics can be found at my posterous blog. As you can see over there I added a new background graphic and changed the colors.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Re: Finishing touches

So excited big_smile

-SALAD

me²!

I have a feeling this is going to be great!

looks nice.
i hope, there'll come some more cactuses, than those two on the lower screenshot wink

Tremble before my Art <3

Nice smile

*update* all graphic tiles are ready for 0.6

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Will there ever be a water tileset?

alias wrote:

Will there ever be a water tileset?

I don't know, currently it's not in focus. wink

Wow, nice to hear
but i have a few questions:

Will the Swamp Tileset be included in 0.6?
Have you changed the winter tileset to this (if yes, which one out of the three) and this?
And those emotes you released erlier, will they be the official ones?
And the last question,
will this skin be official? I'd really like to see it in the next version smile

1. There won't be a swamp tileset in 0.6.0
2. 1st winter style and a variation of the (current verision, not tested yet) one
3. It is planned to use the reworked emotes for 0.6.0
4. Oh, I have not thought about making it official.

Landil wrote:

The tear emote is already used as sorry emote, so I don't think that there's need for it, could you replace it with the old "dead tee" emote?

Finallly big_smile
This will be huge

USA pride. What now.

heinrich5991 wrote:
Landil wrote:

The tear emote is already used as sorry emote, so I don't think that there's need for it, could you replace it with the old "dead tee" emote?

If tees die, they explode with a colourful *boom*. I have not seen any dead tee yet and additionally this emote is #1 of the spam-emotes. It does not have an important meaning for the standard nonverbal communication and thus I removed it.

The tear is an emote for expressing that you are sad, but the "sorry" emote explicitly expresses an often used phrase for common game situations.

Landil wrote:

It does not have an important meaning for the standard nonverbal communication and thus I removed it.

This explanation would fit to the ghost emote too. (And I haven't seen a ghost tee yet tongue)

The ghost tee can be taken as a graphical metaphor of a situation where someone wants to express that he wants to be invisible; meaning he's in an embarassing situation. Embarassing situations might happen now and then, so I'd like to keep it. If you need more information about this emote please ask one of the original graphic artists.

Landil wrote:

The ghost tee can be taken as a graphical metaphor of a situation where someone wants to express that he wants to be invisible; meaning he's in an embarassing situation. Embarassing situations might happen now and then, so I'd like to keep it. If you need more information about this emote please ask one of the original graphic artists.

I don't know who the original author was. Can you tell me?

Can't wait for 0.6 smile smile smile
U know what would be cool: a fear emote tongue
Like ur afraid of a pro tongue
Or a "confused" emote

Once in a century...

Hmmm, are your eyes going to change when using emotes? (like ddrace)

Elite Tee wrote:

Can't wait for 0.6 smile smile smile
U know what would be cool: a fear emote tongue
Like ur afraid of a pro tongue
Or a "confused" emote

Your confused emote could be the ??? emote.

alias wrote:

Hmmm, are your eyes going to change when using emotes? (like ddrace)

Not yet. And I don't like it.

tbh i think the emotes are used in general for spam only. i never saw any player using the emotes for any teamplay-purpose.

Slayer *gV* wrote:

tbh i think the emotes are used in general for spam only. i never saw any player using the emotes for any teamplay-purpose.

They are mostly used in mods, especially in DDRace.

emotes are a little faster way of saying something. Like the tear emote is a faster way of saying things like: "Sorry" or "I dunno" or "Please" sad sad

Once in a century...

Still off topic but usually i interpret the tear as "I'm getting annoyed"

Anyways, looking forward to 0.6 but even though graphical development is moving forward, but are any major coding/ game play being implemented in 0.6?

I've always leaned more towards game play than graphics tongue

well... IM using Emotes...
when someone annoys me, im using the angry emote.
and when i epicly failed, im using the tear emote.
and when i killed someone, im using the heart emote.
<3<3<3

Tremble before my Art <3

Elite Tee wrote:
Franchan wrote:

even though graphical development is moving forward, but are any major coding/ game play being implemented in 0.6?

Well 0.6 is written in Lua...And don't think that this is nothing special,it's a great leap in development! smile

You're not really up-to-date. That was given up months ago.