Topic: Precision of the shootings

My question can seem stupid, but having difficulty in aiming, I wondered how certain persons miss no blow by moving very quickly

Sorry for my bad english but I use traductor because I'm french

Re: Precision of the shootings

Years of training...
Just play the game, have fun, and your skill will increase too

You should check your ping. Speaking of experience I do not play on servers with a ping over 120ms.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I agreee with Landil, this helps gameplay

[veNem] Leader

Creating a map with quads moving around and then running the map as a lan server can also help you train smile.

How come everyones heard of Bill Gates but few people hear of Linus Torvalds? Binary is getting close to building a website big_smile

In Lan ? I shall be alone...

If you want to train your weapon skills I suggest you to play the corresponding instagib (grenade or laser) mod.  Regarding your movement skills I would advise you to play some RACE maps and observe the pro gamers how they do it (and let them explain it how they do certain tricks). There are even some standard maps converted to races e.g. there was a ctf2 race, in which you had to run as fast as possible from one flag spawn point to the other.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

OK bad idea I was just thinking if you want to practice by your self... otherwise it is always more fun going instagib big_smile.

How come everyones heard of Bill Gates but few people hear of Linus Torvalds? Binary is getting close to building a website big_smile

You mean like spinning their gun quickly?

10 (edited by ICETE4 2011-03-15 15:31:45)

-get on a server with a good ping for you
-lower your mousesensivity
-train a lot!

btw. dont play insta, coz u wont ge any feeling for the real wpns!!!

edit:

u can change in your settings "cl_mouse_max_distance" from 400 to 800.
this affect that your crosshair wont stuck in the circle around your tee, so u can aim directly for the enemy!

Landil wrote:

If you want to train your weapon skills I suggest you to play the corresponding instagib (grenade or laser) mod.  Regarding your movement skills I would advise you to play some RACE maps and observe the pro gamers how they do it (and let them explain it how they do certain tricks). There are even some standard maps converted to races e.g. there was a ctf2 race, in which you had to run as fast as possible from one flag spawn point to the other.

I'm sorry for quoting him without having much to say, but... it couldn't be said better! :X

Landil wrote:

You should check your ping. Speaking of experience I do not play on servers with a ping over 120ms.

If you keep this mind, go to France, and equip you house with a common WLAN network, you won't be able to play Teeworlds anymore.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

What is that suppose to mean Dune?

Once in a century...

14 (edited by AwayD 2011-03-15 19:27:16)

wlan is shitty and leads to high pings and with high pings you are unable to play Teewiorlds.

Anyways why have you revived this useless thread again?

Oh yes, and this

ICETE4 wrote:

u can change in your settings "cl_mouse_max_distance" from xxx to xxx.
this affect that your crosshair wont stuck in the circle around your tee, so u can aim directly for the enemy!

is cheating.

I have wlan....most of the time it runs fine,it lags sometimes xD
btw: I didn't know changing settings is cheating yikes

Once in a century...

Having a high mouse max distance isn't about cheating at all... some have a better aim with, some without.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

17 (edited by AwayD 2011-03-15 19:47:43)

The ui doesn't allow you to change this and if you change it via settings.cfg you have an advantage against the others.
In this case it isn't a big deal because most people prefer the standart settings (because of spinning and stuff).

edit: ok seems there are many people who change this..
i just thought the people who dont know how to change these things are disadvantaged

Both dyncam and without it is good: duncam gives high visibility, no dyncam allows you to make spinning moves with your mouse, which highly increases the effectiveness of movement.

Stay wild big_smile