Min players: 1
Difficulty: Easy
Skills required: None
Screenshot 1: ddr_lonepath
Overview: ddr_lonepath
Download: ddr_lonepath (105k)

Name: 2moons
Type: FRace / DDRace
Compatible with: 0.5.2 stable/beta DDRace / 0.5.2 FRace / 0.6 DDRace / 0.5 TW (without time) / 0.6 TW (without time)
Min players: 2
Difficulty: High
Skills required: Advanced hammerfly, forcing speed from/to other Tee, DDRace basic movements
Screenshot 1: 2moons
Screenshot 2: 2moons
Screenshot 3: 2moons
Overview: 2moons
Download: 2moons (109k)

Name: 3moons
Type: FRace / DDRace
Compatible with: 0.5.2 stable/beta DDRace / 0.5.2 FRace / 0.6 DDRace / 0.5 TW (without time) / 0.6 TW (without time)
Min Players: 2
Difficlulty: High
Skills required: Hammerfly, forcing speed from/to other Tee, DDRace basic movements
Screenshot 1: 3moons
Screenshot 2: 3moons
Overview: 3moons
Download: 3moons (113k)

Type: CTF
Max Players: 8v8
Theme: Desert (+ embedded moon)
Screenshot 1: ctf_2moons
Overview: ctf_2moons
Download: ctf_2moons (size 45k)

Updated links to current maps... removed old maps which I would not support currently anymore.

2 (edited by Zatline 2011-01-02 21:00:17)

Re: [MAP] Maps by Mo(2)

Why ever and ever DDrace? DDrace is a mod who destroyed the well teeworlds gameplay... try a map with standard mods like DM and CTF.
And this goes to all... Try once making a normal map with the standard types, this maps are many better.
DDrace is a very stupid mod, and I think so one mod destroyed teeworlds. sad

Please more normal maps!!!

3 (edited by Mo2 2010-06-03 12:29:49)

Why DDRace? I played the normal teeworlds a lot (ctf5). All option I had was to shot them (like in any FPS but in 2D) maybe help the flag carrier if I see him, chat with guys that did not like to play or make nonsense (like hooking below the unhookable in ctf5). Fine. I would not say normal gameplay is boring. It's more that destructive gameplay as in lot of other games. I don't hate it but undestructive games that make fun in coop mode are rare. And normal teeworlds is not really that coop. You can even play for yourself in CTF mode. Who cares? Joining a server and play in the same teamcolor is not much coop. If your skill is good you help your team if not you help the other. And even if there are guys that would play in a team and not as a lone wolf it's not even the same as DDRace. In DDRace you would run through a map with a party of guys and you need them. You know fast who hooked you out of the dark. So you might remember them faster then that guys you catch in DM or CTF style. They are not just canon fodder. So in my opinion DDRace is a kind of gem.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

yeah, try to play vanilla without any teamplay. you'll def. lose. the problem is that many "noobs" are too lazy to learn teeworlds and get some skills to be able to play with a team, and as its more easy to play ddrace, as you CANT lose, many prefer to play noobmods.

In my opinion Zatline's idea is right. DDrace destroys teeworlds because:
- the main-idea of teeworlds gets lost
- the maps are bs and bad designed anyway
- less and less players are good enough for vanilla, as they only know how to run crazy through a noob-map, or just know how to fight with the rifle

Bad to see more and more people asking "What is vanilla" or "CTF1? Oh, I never played this map!". I think the devs arent strict enough, it would be more healthy for teeworlds to BAN all mods that doesnt fit to the vanilla-gameplay (instagib, race, ddrace...) but just my opinion...

however:

Zatline wrote:

Please more normal maps.

Zeratul wrote:

yeah, try to play vanilla without any teamplay. you'll def. lose. the problem is that many "noobs" are too lazy to learn teeworlds and get some skills to be able to play with a team, and as its more easy to play ddrace, as you CANT lose, many prefer to play noobmods.

- less and less players are good enough for vanilla, as they only know how to run crazy through a noob-map, or just know how to fight with the rifle

Bad to see more and more people asking "What is vanilla" or "CTF1? Oh, I never played this map!". I think the devs arent strict enough, it would be more healthy for teeworlds to BAN all mods that doesnt fit to the vanilla-gameplay (instagib, race, ddrace...) but just my opinion...

however:

Zatline wrote:

Please more normal maps.

I think not all mod shold be banned, some mods are good, for example ZOMB, this is a very good mod, but the maps are stupid... the maps are very easy designed.
The bad and very nooby mods are DDrace and modified standard mods. Insta is also a bad or bored mod, but you
learn how you use the rifle, this is a small positiv point of instagib.

The devs should banned DDrace, this is the biggest noob mod of all time.

Zeratul wrote:

it would be more healthy for teeworlds to BAN all mods that doesnt fit to the vanilla-gameplay (instagib, race, ddrace...)

Zatline wrote:

I think not all mod shold be banned, some mods are good, for example ZOMB, this is a very good mod

agree, but ZOMB uses the vanilla gameplay...at least the weapons^^ so its a good mod (;
but....somehow the wrong thread^^

Zeratul wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

it would be more healthy for teeworlds to BAN all mods that doesnt fit to the vanilla-gameplay (instagib, race, ddrace...)

Zatline wrote:

I think not all mod shold be banned, some mods are good, for example ZOMB, this is a very good mod

agree, but ZOMB uses the vanilla gameplay...at least the weapons^^ so its a good mod (;
but....somehow the wrong thread^^

Yes, We change increase the topic. ^^

8 (edited by Mo2 2010-06-03 16:23:26)

Zeratul wrote:

yeah, try to play vanilla without any teamplay. you'll def. lose.

Lose what? You need just a few good players that do their own thing in one team and poor players in the other team and it's nearly done. I think most time just 2 good players in one team and none in the other team are enough. Can be fun. But teamplay? Which game are we talking about? Look how many "-1" or "-10" or "-85" score players are hanging in servers and how many are coming and going each game. How many did not really know how too hook.  When do you ever found a server where both teams or at least one team is helping all together in vanilla?  I think I never see that. It's mostly a happy colourfull mixture of players from noobs to pros and guys that would not play at all. When you frag a lot then your team get more breath. That's it in my opinion. That can be done by skill or by low ping or bots. Yes you can even do well with higher ping, nobody need  whine regarding that, but a good player with good connection can do a lot. Sometimes somebody would vote you out of the server because he think you are cheatin and all you have is much better connection then him (so it looks strange to him). Ok maybe more a problem in instagib mods. Talking about "teamwork" here is a little bit synthetic in my opinion.  Mostly everybody run around "alone in a team" try to shot somebody down and get on top of the scorelist. What do you think would DDRace destroy here?

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Mo(2): you are obviously missing out alot about Teeworlds, but it's not your fault.

Actually, there is a small group of "pro players" who have alot of teamwork. Sad thing is that are not interested in helping others learn to play the game in a way that is fun, so people start playing DDrace since they are missing out on how good vanilla teeworlds can be.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Chi11y wrote:

Actually, there is a small group of "pro players" who have alot  of teamwork

exactly. i dont know which servers/matches you joined when you played vanilla teeworlds, but doesnt seem like you joined a high-lvl-server. of coz not-that-good-players dont know about tactics/teamworks/or how ctf works.

And i have to agree one more time Chi11y, i think its a problem, that the range between "noobs" and "good players (high-lvl)" is getting bigger and bigger, and so its getting harder and harder to reach this. seems like a "middle level" is missing, but i guess you can find these players on the ddrace and instanoob server :S

There should be a debate section in teeworlds rather than having an unsuspecting topic being the firing grounds. xD

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Chi11y wrote:

Actually, there is a small group of "pro players" who have alot of teamwork.

Ok. But a "small group of" is not the hole Teeworlds-Community and even that small group can play as it like. There are different servers for ddrace and different for vanilla style. I think real noobs did not enable some of the Non-standard-Buttons at first. So they get standard gametypes and standard maps and are often called "nameless tee" smile - They can jump around in vanilla gametypes but can get troubles in some ddrace-maps. Or show me the noob that know how to hammer-fly, rocket-jump or even make more then one hook to the same tee without dropping him. Show me the noob that hooks on the top of a wall through a teleport zone. Show me the noob that would have fun in gores maps (or the guy that is hooking noobs through such a map). Not every map needs the same skill. And if noobs don't stop playing because that "pro players" that could learn some more motivating gamestyle are hidden in the universe but some friendly DDRace players that are helping noobs out of the dark it's not "destroying Teeworlds" ... it could be a good reason why people still are playing Teeworlds. I don't understand the fear from DDRace which seems so hugh that even a map got at first comment something regarding "bad ddrace".

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Well I even made a CTF map now (called ctf_mo1):

Screenshots:

Ingame 1
Ingame 2
Editor Full

Download - (size 640K)

If you like the tileset it can be found here and may be used freely (WTFPL).

Map is already running on the Krautsalat - CTF server.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

To Zeratul and Zatline, why we do not make maps CTF/DM? Becouse nobody want to play on not-standart maps. I am making maps for more than 6 months, mainly for DDrace mod(little succes with skynet series). At the moment i have also 3 publics, 2 DDrace servers which are almost everyday full and one RACE server, usualy 1/5 players there. 2/3 months ago i created 2 public servers: CTF and iCTF with 2 maps which I made specialy for those mods. I was trying to made those servers popular, i was playing there for couple hours for 3 days, inviting friends to make more players. Peak of both server was like 6 players and almost everytime servers were empty(except me). Most players who joined were leaving after 10 secs -,-'(They were like, oh i dont know this map so fuck it, i am leaving.) Also i didnt see any pr0 players there, most of them were noobs who dont know the game and they were choosing server randomly.

So i would like to ask you, Why I should make maps for standards mods if nobody(also those pr0 players) dont want to play on them.

I was searching for those maps on my PC but i deleted it :<

My question to you:
Why do you create maps?
Because i create maps to have fun. But it seems that you only try to get full servers...

You should make maps for standart "mods"(vanilla) because:
- it is the official forum, not the ddrace-forum
- ddrace is a noob-mod (with already enough maps and they are like all the same)
- vanilla is a lot of more fun than bad mods
- of the fun creating maps with good graphics, a good gameplay, a good movement and maybe to gain some respect, which you def. wont get with ddrace maps
- you can give something back to the developers (vanilla maps to get more players playing this great game)
- your mapping-skillz will get better and after some time people will notice your good maps and they will play them

PS: a full server in ddrace dont mean to have success. success means to have a full server in vanilla!
PSS: maybe the ppl left because they didnt want to wait for more people, or maybe the maps were bad (gameplay/graphic/movement)

Maybe your maps were just too bad. If a map is very bad, you can see it without moving an inch. I don't know how good your maps were, I've never seen them. You could try finding the maps again in Kottizens map archive, just search the forum for the link.
To get your map well known, show it on forums. That way you get feedback and a lot more people will know of the map, and if it is good, they will play it. Try asking expierienced mappers to play your map and giving you advice. If you ask them nicely, they will surely help you.
Many player prefer the standard maps, because they already knw them. They know how to move, where weapons and upgrades are. When they play new maps, they would have to learn it all from the start again.

But this is going offtopic. It is Mo2's race map thread, after all -.-'
Maybe a mod can move all non related posts to a new topic.

aka cheesy

Zatline wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

however:

Zatline wrote:

Please more normal maps.

I think not all mod shold be banned, some mods are good, for example ZOMB, this is a very good mod, but the maps are stupid... the maps are very easy designed.
The bad and very nooby mods are DDrace and modified standard mods. Insta is also a bad or bored mod, but you
learn how you use the rifle, this is a small positiv point of instagib.

The devs should banned DDrace, this is the biggest noob mod of all time.

Insta is a great mod i've been playing since 3.1 version vanilla and i got bored because there was to much noobs going around and hooking/blocking and i have to do def & atk by myself so i moved to insta and its good because you also need skill for it (wallshots,rifle reflexes it has to be in an milisecond or you'll die,and you have to be very fast because the rifle has a limit distance but its alot and insta is one of the most popular mods just look at the clans Krypton,Allstars,Nano,Dope,MS,Logic they are all mostly insta clans and theres alot of good clans which could own your ass in insta)

Zeratul wrote:

You should make maps for standart "mods"(vanilla) because:
- it is the official forum, not the ddrace-forum

Uhm? *lol*? A forum should give me a reason for creating maps?

- ddrace is a noob-mod (with already enough maps and they are like all the same)

You are wrong. I think you just don't like DDRace or you don't know it really. CTF, DM and TDM should be noobfriendly (otherwise Teeworlds can't be reach lot of people). That's not bad. DDRace is NO noob-by-design-mod and the maps are not all the same. They differ a lot and have it's own styles. Playing gores maps is not the same as playing koule maps or the maps from szyker. I think it's more difficult to create a DDRace-Map then a CTF map. Sometimes you need more then an half hour to complete a DDRace map. And it should make fun too (so it's bad to include always just the same). No one would took a half hour to get from one end to the other in a CTF map. There you must look that the ways are well choosen etc.
If you really think DDRace is a noob-mod then take a noob and play "dd_veon1" or "koule_XIII" (just two examples). Then please tell me if you can see more then the first few tiles. Every noob can play current vanilla CTF-maps. All you have to do is connect and shoot. That's ok. A pro would do better then a noob but a noob would be able to do nearly everything. If noobs got frustrated from beginning Teeworlds would be little lonly thing right?  But not every noob will successfully see the finish-line in DDRace maps. Most noobs would never get the laser in koule_III_(longer). In my opinion DDRace is more a PRO-Mod then vanilla is. I even like CTF but it's a different style.

- vanilla is a lot of more fun than bad mods

You mean it makes YOU more fun. Lot of people play DDRace. Many servers are full.

- of the fun creating maps with good graphics, a good gameplay, a good movement and maybe to gain some respect, which you def. wont get with ddrace maps

Respect when playing teeworlds and smashing with a small ball/tee others with a BIIIG hammer? Is that the reason why you blame ddrace? Ok... Teeworlds should make fun. And DDRace make (lot people) fun. I think many DDRace players even did not hate Vanilla-teeworlds like you hate DDRace. I just created a CTF map ok. I don't know if I would create any further. I would not waste my time for something that cost lot of time and nobody use. 

- you can give something back to the developers (vanilla maps to get more players playing this great game)

I pay pure money to run my servers and made maps that would not run without teeworlds and realease even the tilesets for free. When you give something back and nobody use it it's little bit useless? What szyker had written above seems true to me too. My DDRace servers get full very fast. It was a lot of work to create the maps but now lot played and still play my maps. As I created the CTF map I had thought about nobody would play it. It even took some time to create. Now it seems most does not care. Ok it was a try. I even had good maps that I like from others creators running on a CTF-Server before I made a CTF map myself. How was playing it? I don't remember that non-standard-ctf maps got lot of players and I know lot of CTF maps that make fun. But most time ctf5 (and maybe sometimes even ctf2 or ctf4) would be played. Not the quality of the custom maps is the reason in my opinion. A few months ago I thought Teeworlds=CTF5. Who would connect to a -non-standard-server- with few players? DDrace is (for whatever reason) different. You don't like it? Ok. Don't play it.

- your mapping-skillz will get better and after some time people will notice your good maps and they will play them

So tell me what's wrong with ctf_invalid. Or have you ever played the scifi map from Jon? Sometimes you can get thoughts like: "No don't shoot him to often, because if he get frustrated he would leave and you would be alone again". WTF ...which DDRace-map-creator would ever get such thoughts?

PS: a full server in ddrace dont mean to have success.

If you make green beer and everybody like it you HAVE success. You maybe can't fly to the moon afterwards. Maybe you would leave a poor man. But you made something that other likes. If YOU don't like green beer it's your private matter. You don't have to drink it. But why blaming it?

success means to have a full server in vanilla!

*lol* smile

PSS: maybe the ppl left because they didnt want to wait for more people, or maybe the maps were bad (gameplay/graphic/movement)

Ok. roll - Maybe bad gameplay, graphic or movement is the reason that custom-ctf-maps would be played so less. I don't think so. Even if my map is crap I know other maps that are good. But I don't know really much servers that get lot of players which run to much custom maps. I played some custom maps as I did not know DDRace before and thought it's a pity that so less play such nice maps.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

grummi wrote:

Many player prefer the standard maps, because they already knw them. They know how to move, where weapons and upgrades are. When they play new maps, they would have to learn it all from the start again.

Yes they know them because they play it since they where noobs. smile - So it's pretty difficult to get some to play good CTF maps. You can create the best CTF map ever - if you play it just with one, two, three other guys it have some feeling of "i'm alone in the world" vs. "many are here". I'm no really a soccer-fan but now at WM many are watching it. So just because that it's different. It's not really always WHAT they are doing but it's more a feeling of "together". I even liked other CTF maps and thought that can be lot of fun if more play them but afterwards who really play them? What ever the reason is. Wasting time for something that nobody use  (when you can do in the same time other stuff that lot would like) is close to use-less? Even when somebody have good tips I think there are already good maps out there but less are playing it (compared to vanilla maps or DDRace, ...).

It is Mo2's race map thread, after all -.-'
Maybe a mod can move all non related posts to a new topic.

Uhm... I just created a CTF map. So it's not just a DDRace map thread anymore (and I changed the topic). I'm not sure if it's a good idea if one person would open to many threads so I have choosen to keep it in that one. And I already got "bad ddrace" since the first answer. smile

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Btw I have just found out that servers that run the "trunk" version of teeworlds (because some would not get crashed servers by small packet crap) would not be found if you have enabled the "compatible version only" stuff in the server-list. But the "trunk" version IS compatible with current client (and I'm not happy to run 0.5.2 without the small packet fix). So maybe it's because that. The guys that made away the crosses did play DDRace and the others just don't find it. Muaha smile

Greetings,
Mo(2)

21 (edited by szyker 2010-06-25 09:01:28)

Ah 1 more thing, not about maps but about vanilia/ctf scene of this game. There are almost no leagues and cups in shooter competition. In shooter competition there should be tournaments and leagues where you can test your skill and compete with other players. There is ESL where almost nobody play there(i was playing in ESL long time ago when this game was call "teewars", from earliest versions of this game. (I remember that i was playing CWs 1v1 and 2v2 against team-dignitas big_smile). There are some disposable tournaments where plays small amount of players(my friendly clan organize vanilia and ista cup where except their members and their friends was like ~8 players 8-O Where are those pro players than? Cup was announed at this forum, also they were inviting some friendly clans like z-team etc. via IRC). I rly would like to play vanialia/ctf but for me the best part of shooting games is to compete with other players in leagues and tournaments, not on random server with random players. This is imo the main defect of tw scene, that there is no prestige league or tournament. If i am wrong and there is a good and popular league in this game i am sorry and give me link to it pls.

PS I was talking ONLY about shooting scene of this game, i wasnt talking about any other mods. Just want to say what is wrong with it, only in my opinion. Blaming other mods is stupid

PS2 i agree with everything what said Mo2

22 (edited by Mo2 2010-10-30 10:59:51)

I've created again a Map for DDRace (needs current DDRace development version):

neutronium v1.2 map (needs development/trunk version of DDRace)
screenshot 1
screenshot 2
screenshot 3
screenshot 4
screenshot 5
screenshot overview

Warning, it's not really a noob-map. First highscores after release of version 1.0 started at about 2 hours (with cheating) smile - Version 1.2 reduced difficult-level and download-size (it's still ~380 kb) and give more chances to retry without using the /r mod (which I dislike). You should still be carefull. 2 Tees are required, more tees are recommended (that wait together).

You can get and use the tileset from here
or Gimp version (to get just a few tiles for example) from here

The map is currently hosted on the "Krautsalat - DDRace Testserver".

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Mo2 wrote:

But the "trunk" version IS compatible with current client (and I'm not happy to run 0.5.2 without the small packet fix).

its actually not compatible in all cases: you reported the rotating tiles bug yourself

heinrich5991 wrote:

its actually not compatible in all cases: you reported the rotating tiles bug yourself

If you don't use that feature it's compatible. It took some hours to fix this in my map after I've found out that issue.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

@Forum-mod - sorry for reporting the previous post by mistake. Please ignore, I thought I used "quote" but clicked on wrong place.

25 (edited by Mo2 2011-12-30 03:40:00)

I've made a quick map for FRace (which would even run with DDRace-Trunk) called fr_drop:

You can finish the map in different ways (and even fail on different places big_smile). It's not as long as the neutronium series (you should be able to finish in 10 minutes or less).

I've even already finished neutronium2 after about a month of work. It's full with traps, got one shooting arena in the mid and came in two versions that differs only at the end (one button opens finish, one button... is not good for your health). 

Greetings,
Mo(2)