Topic: [HELP] How to spin.

Maybe I don't know how to search on this forum properly, or maybe things are messed up tongue After all, we are dealing with Teeworlds, the most hectic and fun game on the Internet imho.

The reason why I'm writing this post is because I played in a few games, and watched a couple of vids, and I noticed few players move amazingly easy through the maps with a constant spinning motion of their "aim". At first I tried doing it without looking it up, and failed miserably ;P I hooked all around the place like a particle which only knew it's correct speed tongue

So I looked around the forums, searching for a tutorial or something, with no result. The only posts I seemed to find concerning spinning were only discussions between experienced players who seemed to know exactly what spinning is and how it's done.

SO could anybody please explain to me how spinning is done? What settings to use? Why is spinning so efficient, what is it's underlying basis?

And please, if anyone wants to redirect me o another post, then please, at least specify which reply to look at in that post tongue

Cheerio!

Re: [HELP] How to spin.

press F1 in game and Write:
inp_mousesens 1000
than spin like shit in game.

Account inactive since 11/8
.. Although i sometimes visit :3...

3 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2010-05-17 13:49:26)

http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5129
i guess u noticed the thread already, but if you read it properly you'll find all informations, why pros often spin.
how: use a high dpi (inp_mousesens 2500 or smth like that), try, get better, try, get better, ... you'll fail many times, but in some months you'll be able to spin too (:

EDIT: Alpha was faster sad

Alpha-Nuva wrote:

press F1 in game and Write:
inp_mousesens 1000
than spin like shit in game.

i would say youd had a better go with 3000 ))

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

i use 8000 big_smile

And how do you click when spinning? What's the technique? Where do you click?
That's what I'm interested in tongue

I spin, to know who comes near me, and then I stop spinning and shoot on the target. So I don't spin if someone is near me smile

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

Drag around your mouse Like hell?

9 (edited by Tee Killa 2010-05-17 15:03:58)

@ Alpha Nuva:

Oh my god, he knows how to perfom spinning, his porblem is shooting, so he wants to know if there is any technic how to hit your enemy correctly whitout loosing him.

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

@ Tee-Killa
i Still spin when i shoot,
(no Skill, just Luck)

You have to start with about 1000 mousesens and then increase it slowly if you mastered spinning and aiming with 1000. There is no special technique everybody does it different. I personally play with maxed mousesens and still hit. It´s all about practicing it and not giving it up.

Actually, spinning is useless. What may look as "spinning" is in most cases actually players quickly hooking both above and below them quickly, to gain speed. Teeworlds does some weird magic prediction of the aim, and it looks like the aim is spinning. Other players have seen this and thought that people automatically are able to play better because they spin their aim.

What is a good idea though, is to keep your mouse moving most of the time, to keep your wrist ready for action. Also, spinning requires you to turn off dynamic cam, which in many cases gives you a disadvantage (dyncam users can see you before you can see them).

http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5129 is the best thread for discussing spinning though, so I'll close this thread now.

Magnet wrote:

Simple. Disable dynamic camera. Increase mouse sensitivity that you can make a full circle with your mouse in less than half a second (the reload time for the shotgun) and with the cursor the furthest away from your tee. Start playing like that, practicing till you get it. Start considering your hook as a wheel and roll around.

Is the best guide to spinning, if you really want to.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites