Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

@Bananbl4    A few things in mind. Good ideas, but good ideas also have counters.

"Skin & your name;
Common stats like:
Time played
Kills/Deaths total and for every weapon separately and for flags (kill the flag, dead with flag, etc.)"

The profile system would simply not fit teeworlds. Surely it would block fakers, but, also, fakers can take that account ahead of time. Also, we like to change our name a lot. A profile system would be too complicated.

"Clan name instead of 'Blue/red team' in TDM/CTF/War3/other team-mods
Clanmembers auto-join same team"

This would work, but please keep in fact fakers. There are fakers. We wouldn't want that to happen.

Otherwise, nice suggestions! Take my advice not harshly, hope to see you in game!

USA pride. What now.

is it real so tha it is planed to have vihicles in 0.6??? i think it would be fun...
BBz

Please take a look at the list before making suggestions that have already been made. This prevents unnecessary posts with already suggested suggestions. // ~{MS}~ Azon

BBz wrote:

is it real so tha it is planed to have vihicles in 0.6??? i think it would be fun...
BBz

No, i think it's not planned and that wouldn't be funny.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

BBz wrote:

BBz

Look at the list next time you want to suggest an idea.
It has already been mentioned and they won't be putting vehicals in anytime soon.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

i not speak english perfect.
but i just try to you undestand my idea.
some bridge and/or gates in map can be open or close by a button o somethings.
new weapon like bombs/mine (tnt explosive) can be placed and maybe detonate later.
introduction of machine of war like catapulte seigecar cannon.
all my idea is principally for team play.
traps can be created in map to increase the attention play:Hello:

Many of these ideas have been brought up earlier, try to keep this kind of discussions to http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5070 . smile

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

232 (edited by coolguy5678 2010-02-20 19:51:11)

Here's my idea to improve the ammo display.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/661/teeworlds.png

As you can probably tell, the player does not have the shotgun and currently has the grenade launcher out. The player has 10 pistol ammo, 7 grenade launcher ammo and 4 laser ammo. The text would be made easier to read, of course, since I'm not very good at making mockups.

Advantages: Can see ammo for all weapons
Can see which weapons are held
It's easier for new players to tell which button to press to choose a weapon.

Disadvantage: Text is harder to quickly intuit than a graphical bar.

Sorry if this is an old idea.

disadvantage: grenade launcher and rifle are elements of map and this can interfere player

For watching some demos, you need the map, else TW gets off.
I suggest demo&map pack to 1 comperessed/non-compressed arhive (ZIP/RAR in non-std extention like .tdm (teeDemoMap) in game integrate arhiver.

- What was noise?
- Ze sound of progress, my friend.

I do not look at the ammo display often. Simply when I am out of ammo, I choose another weapon or hammer. Agree with gerichhome

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

I really want to separate "pure servers" and "non-standard gametypes", cuz I really want to make some new admin features for DM server, without changing gameplay and name of the gametype.

Bananbl4 wrote:

For watching some demos, you need the map, else TW gets off.
I suggest demo&map pack to 1 comperessed/non-compressed arhive (ZIP/RAR in non-std extention like .tdm (teeDemoMap) in game integrate arhiver.

I am gonna to implement it http://teeworlds.com/trac/teeworlds/ticket/781

Here, I propose an idea: an option to create a server from Teeworlds.
You enter the settings and the server is added to the list.

This would be more practical right? Hoping that it has not already been proposed.

http://teeworlds.com/trac/teeworlds/ticket/37
But i think that server and client must be separated =/ So, developers think so too smile

240 (edited by Bananbl4 2010-02-26 06:33:37)

I suggest more... Maybe, in TW should be new weapon - SMG. Like pistol, but more clip size (30, for example) and more rate of fire, speed of bullets, but more bullets dispersal. Damage is same - 1hp per bullet. And maybe physic should be accelerate via  nvidia physX or same ATi technology (if they are free, i don't know). And made unlimited FPS, not fixed 60, but as much  as your graphic adapter can. As for me, i think my GT 240 can show 200+ FPS.
And maybe made in TW a scrapy junk, which can be move by hook, bullets, explositions and teez. This junk should be physically, it should be magnet by gravity gun (as HL2/GMod) and shoot to enemys (reserve variant if all ammo is empty).
Sorry for bad english.

- What was noise?

This is important: Often i make maps with over 12 layers and groups, so i cant see always all layers.

If a layer has got the order 12, i must change the order too order 1, to work with him. Its very stressfull and hard to do this, so please make a scroll function into the map editor for the layer *coloumn.

* column should mean in german Spalte. Please tell me the right translation, if comoumn is wrong

Ankh is good smile

i made a patch with this feature allready and sent it to one of the devs. So i think it will be build in wink

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

maybe in TW should be a support of animated PNGs. If will be a default animated dodoads, game will be look very cool, I think

- What was noise?

I think we should have customizable themes for the "lobby", and be able to make our own. That would make me very happy smile

Like the z-team pack, it would be cool if loading screen is a walking tee across the floor with a hammer. Themes ftw!

I would like a startvote rcon-command, for example use "startvote sv_map dm2" to call a vote to change the map to dm2.
I have read a suggestion to make 80% yes-votes required to let a vote pass. I don't like the idea of putting this value higher, but if you do, you would need a kick for afk players or at least don't let them vote after a minute of inactivity. Hardly any votes would pass otherwise.

void ..

Teambalancing should never choose the flagrunner (as it is really annoying and a big disadvantage)

To Zeratul: fixed smile

248 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2010-03-23 20:14:49)

when the target is in a corner, you got the ninja and you attack him, your position will be equal to the position of the target.

show screenshots

http://www4.pic-upload.de/thumb/23.03.10/b5g8pwd8muc.png
hmm not the most nice screen, but i think you can see what i mean^^ (now the ninja is in front at the same position of the target, (sry my fault, the other one can attack too >.<))