Re: [MOD] Catch16

seems u use linux (or unix like OS) and don't know how to do patches.

nope i use windows lol..lol

swetank, not u

I saw the server with grenade instagib. What command changes weapon of the instagib? Sorry for my bad english, i am Lithuanian.

Sorry for me bad english

omg... use IZArc... i imagine u have Windows if u can't open it.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

the MOD crashes every 1 hour of gameplay why? can any1 fix it?

This day we had what we consider as an attack to our servers. Maybe a client sending random packet to get our servers crashed. We think that IP of hacker is 95.134.143.253, in Ukraine (Zaporizhzhya).

Nice mod, but the maps could be better for this gameplay.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

but the maps could be better for this gameplay.

You can send me maps by mail or posting messages if you want. Or host your own server. Or even make new maps for this mod.
But it does not help me to just say you do not like these maps sad.

34 (edited by clarus 2009-09-15 09:53:27)

I just seen today some new Catch16 servers from TeeWar.ru. Thanks to make more servers with this mod ! But there aren't official Catch16 mod but a modified version, so please use an other game type name, like gCatch16 for example smile.

Please do not threaten people with bans you can't back up. Instead, contact the Teeworlds team when you want to bring something to their attention. // ~{MS}~ Azon

clarus, matricks won't ban anyone if they're using a gametype that you also use.

think he wanted to frighten them, but you destroyed it now xD

check the game.send_chat messages and game.send_broadcast messages
with sv_hide_player 1 this messages are false (playernames)
so i catched myself etc.

check the game.send_chat messages and game.send_broadcast messages
with sv_hide_player 1 this messages are false (playernames)
so i catched myself etc.

The sv_hide_player_names has no effect on these messages. So please be more precise since I do not see what you want sad.

hmmmm strange xD
maybe i only recognized it when hide_player_names was on.
however, what i want to say is, that sometimes the messages

%s is now in your team
  %s's spree was ended by %s
  %s win cathing

are wrong (maybe only for me ö.Ö)
because sometimes i get the message
  <me>'s spree was ended by <me>
  <me> is now in your team
  <me> win cathing (but actually i lost ö.Ö)

40 (edited by clarus 2009-09-18 20:37:08)

Sorry, but I don't think there is a bug. For example :

<me> is now in your team

It is possible, if a Tee with your initial color hits you.

aaaaaah ok.
hmmm, but even if it isnt a bug, you should fix it. maybe to "You are now in you team" or something like that...

and about the others? i dont think that this can be explained by initial color^^

you should fix it. maybe to "You are now in you team" or something like that...

Good idea, will be in the next release.
But for the other points, it is hard for me to trust you. Maybe you should post a screen shot with these "bugs".

43 (edited by clarus 2009-11-15 15:48:07)

I just released a little update, including many corrections from player comments :

• "You are now in your team" message

• client F1 console kill command disabled by default

• a little animation on catching

• an anti-reconnection system : you keep your old color if you try to reconnect

Source and linux releases are up to date, Windows and Mac binaries manager should update their version.
I can also advice you to try the TeeWar.ru server, with some home made extensions, such as grenade instagib, ... smile

Really funny, very good mod
thx

my favorite songs: New Divide, Numb/Encore, We made it!(LINKIN PARK)
my tee:[AgH]Shadow_0360   my clan:[.Døt]

45 (edited by Dune 2009-11-01 10:58:43)

I don't like the idea of the mod, but that still a personal opinion.

clarus wrote:

"You are now in you team"

I hope you haven't copied the mistake in the mod.

You are now in your <<< team

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Yeah, i like the mod it's very cool but i think I'm gonna stick to my favorite instagib for now ^^

I love this mod

thanks for the Downloads

This mod is great. However, there is a thing which seems to me a little annoying. When a player is killed and loses his original color, he usually tries to be killed again, so that he can come back again to his original team. I think this is annoying (even if I behave this way, as well) because you expect your team mates to kill and conquer everyone, instead of working against you. Does anybody agree with me?

Then, I would suggest to modificate the puntuation system, so that a player doesn't feel like letting himself being killed and return into his team.

I think that a negative puntuation for each time you are killed may work.

Another idea is, once you are killed and kicked off from your original team, that team doesn't belong to you anymore (that round), and if you return later to your original team you don't get the extra points when the team wins. The possession of the team could even be transfered to the most veteran player in the team.

Someone could say: "Hey, instead of annoying so much, make your own mod!" But I'm sorry, at the moment that's not a possibility. This is just an idea that could improve the mod.

unsolouso wrote:

However, there is a thing which seems to me a little annoying. When a player is killed and loses his original color, he usually tries to be killed again, so that he can come back again to his original team.

It is exactly why Catch mod is interesting, because you can have a team of people working for you and protecting you ! If you remove this feature, it would be a different mod smile.

Just a thing i would like to tune my server a bit but as my sv_gametype is setted to dm i can't.
Anyone have a solution or thats just not allowed ?