Topic: Website related Bugs & Suggestions

Other

Q: When is 0.5.0 going to be released?

A: When it's done.

(http://www.teeworlds.com/?page=docs&wiki=FAQ)

I think this should be Updated ?

Re: Website related Bugs & Suggestions

We are currently consulting what would the best way to update and correct possible mistakes in the outdated info. In time we'll take care of them. If you can update me on any mistakes you come across this will be that much easier.

3 (edited by [my]light 2009-08-19 17:51:58)

Yes I read the FAQ.
Yes I read the Documentation.
And, yes I finally used the search function and finally got the answer.

But shouldn't it be in the FAQ. Alot of people asked "How to open the Mapeditor?" .
So it is a frequently asked question. Right?

Edit: PS: I even read the 5 sticky threads in the Map section of the forum and still couldn't find the answer before I used the search function.

[my]light wrote:

Yes I read the FAQ.
Yes I read the Documentation.
And, yes I finally used the search function and finally got the answer.

But shouldn't it be in the FAQ. Alot of people asked "How to open the Mapeditor?" .
So it is a frequently asked question. Right?

Edit: PS: I even read the 5 sticky threads in the Map section of the forum and still couldn't find the answer before I used the search function.

Wow, when you don't know yeah .

splinter cell conviction will never outshine chaos theory!!!

Due to popular demand there's now a way to contact me in person by means of Skype. Currently it's chat messaging only, voicechat might be an option at a later stage. Be free to contact me for any forum related issues (or other relevant matters) and there's a good chance you'll be helped. The Skype username you can add is moderatorazon.

Please remember that this is not meant for technical support, for this you'll still need to make use of the Support section on the forum or ask around in the IRC channels.

Wrong:
Syntax: ban ip
Bans the ip from the server.
Correct:
Syntax: ban id/ip minutes
Bans the ip/player from the server for some minutes. 0 minutes means forever,

A suggestion, perhaps an off-topic section be added on the forums, for discussion not closely related to Teeworlds?

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Although we have thought about this it wouldn't really work for Teeworlds. There are usually two kinds of topics that spawn in an off-topic forum: either it would generate serious discussions about politics and subjects which would require constant monitoring to keep the discussion interesting and fair to all participants. Another possibility would be that the off-topic forum would become a place for topics like "what did you have for diner today", "what is your favorite band", etc. Although some people might find this interesting to know of each other, to those that don't participate it would only generate spam and it wouldn't really contribute to the benefit of Teeworlds. To keep things clean and functional in such topics would also generate a lot more work for the moderators.

One option you might consider though are one of the many fan- and clansites that tend to have a place for all sorts of discussions that aren't welcome on the official forums. These websites might be a better option when it comes to off-topic discussions.

9 (edited by Bee 2010-10-31 05:06:25)

... Hum... though this doesn't look really like an official sticky topic... I'll post my ideas anyhow.

1) When downing a post an option to down it because: "Bad comment" or "Off topic"?

2) A new instant messenger. What that would look like is, when someone is online you can click on their name to: "View profile" or "Send instant message". The person they sent it to will have a little box saying: "Message from (input random name here), would you like to view? [Yes]/[No]  [Ignore]/[Block User]
[Ignore]: puts off the message until next time logged on.
[Block User]: sender can't send you messages anymore.
And for people that don't like I.M. from anyone can block all messages or have a list of people they allow to contact them.

3) A little bit more profound profile system. It's okay, but it seems it could be better...
A member benefited system would be nice. It'd take all the topics and posts you have and puts it into a number: Each topic with one of more [+1] or [-1] is counted and added together. If the total is more or less than 0, that dictates what kind of member you are. The more the [+1] or [-1], the better or worst the member.
Also the ability to change your I.D. to: "Member/Mapper/Artist/Mod maker... ect" would be nice.

4) An option to add a poll to your topic.

In case you don't know what a poll is, it's a system that tallies up the votes and puts the options' name in bar graph format. For instance... If some one wanted to know what the community thought of, lets say, his art, then he would add a poll. First he would input the question: "What do you think of my art?" and add option buttons like: "[It's awesome!], [Pretty cool], [Nice], [It's okay...], [I don't like it.], [You call that art?], [My eyes, they burn!]"

Other uses would be: "What kind of map would you like to see next?" Options being: [D.M.], [T.D.M.], [C.T.F.], [Race], [Instagib]. The possibilities are endless... @.@ 

5) When searching, a new option to sort results by: [Popularity] and [High Ratings].
Also, when adding in the Author's username for more specific searches, a scroll down that has all the letters of the alphabet--standing for the first letter in a Author's username--would be very nice in case you forgot how to exactly spell their name. For some reason, if you misspell one thing, it turns up no results, so this would be less headaches.

6) When making a topic, a scroll down for the different types of mandatory topics tags. I know that it is usually required to tag the topic in the topic name, so it makes it essayer for the user and also for the moderators so they don't have to put it in for them.

7) When making any question related topic, there should be a button for the maker on the topic that says "[Resolved]" so that it automatically closes the topic and puts the tag [Resolved] in the topic name to make it easier for the mods.

8) I've noticed that there is (currently) over 7,000 of registered users in Teeworlds's forums at the moment, which is fine...if they were being used. So for users that have been inactive for for over a year, they'll be on the new names possibility list. If a new member wants to make a new account, they could use their names if they wanted too. The inactive user's account wouldn't be deleted, but an E-mail would be sent to them saying, "Someone wants your name on Teeworlds. Click [here] if you wish to keep your name. No reply within 6 mounts and your name will be given to someone else and you must create a new one [here]." If they didn't reply within the given time the new user gets the name and the old user with have the name "(input old name here)2" until he/she creates the new one.

9) At the bottom of each topic, there should be tags. I know we have the current tags on the topic's name, but for maps, tags doesn't explain what gametype the map is. So instead of wandering aimlessly though all the map topics, they can chose the tag(s) they want and then search all of the topics with that tag, given by the topic's maker. I'd mean an extra step for making topics, but I'd think it's worth it.

10) An easier way to find the author of a topic. Inset of clicking on the topic to see who it is, there should be some easier way to figure that out.

11) The endless amount of questions is a problem with flooding. So I have two ideas to help "fix" it. One: in each section of the forum (example sections: Support, Development, Community News, Gameplay, Content: Maps, Content: Graphics, and Content: Other.) and above each of their own stickies there should be a question area; specifically for it's own section. So if you went into Content: Maps and wanted to ask famous FAQ like how to make a map, you could go there. Also, if someone didn't go there accidentally and posted in the normal place, some type of system could automatically place their question in the question area by seeing if their topic ended with a "?".

Another thing is, in Yahoo Questions, whenever you start typing the topic name of the question, it reads the topic name and uses probably an algorithm to find similar topic names and says "Wait! Your question might have been asked before." and post picture links to the right for you to click on. Makes it easier on the person and less flooding. smile

12) In the line that says "New posts Active topics Unanswered topics", why isn't there also "Sticky Topics" and "Closed Topics"?

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Bottom of each page, "Currently installed 4 official extensions. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB." Shouldn't it be changed to 2011? tongue

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Still waiting... sad

Once in a century...

http://i.solidfiles.net/b586d.png

what teh f*ck!?
i use chrome btw and it happens only with posts of support staff.

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Missing a spoiler-function sad

Blog Dosen't Support BBCode xD
Well, it's that. Go to the Blog Page and in the Post "Changelog 0.6.1" posted by heinrich5991 in 2011-07-26 we can see a lot of BBcode used, the only problem is:
The Blog page dosent support BBcode

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/5416/capturargw.png

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

15 (edited by Tee Killa 2011-08-16 11:23:47)

It think that the blog is automaticly generated with new contents of the "developers journals" subforum and as you can use bbcode there, it is buggy in the blog feed.

But as you can see, colors ARE supported, so there are only some not available strings. (Like the "h" header code). Makeing the text bold is possible too.

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

TeeKilla:
But try to view Blog Topic and you will see  a lot of BBCode mustakes
Click Here

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Well but all others are working: Image- , bold- , italic- , linking- and the "code"code. So it seems that there is only a problem with the header code.

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

and the last time i tried the header code it was the same like bold o.O

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

This most likely happens because admin used a wrong function to parse a forum message. PunBB has it's own function to parse a message with BBCodes (it's defined in /forum/include/parser.php. It's name is parse_message, I often use it myself). If this was used, there shouldn't be any problems like that anymore.

I hate that guy ↑

Well, someone already sugessted this (I cant remember who wink ).
A better voting system
Today you only can see a summary of all down- and upvotes.
Example:

+1  ↑ ↓

I think, it would be better to improve the showing of the votes like the following example, because the example-post above is a very disscussed one. In reality, there are 32 downvotes and 33 upvotes. But you cant see that sad . But you would be able to see the real community-opinion of this post, if it would be shown like this (for example) :

+33 -32 (+1)  ↑ ↓

And if there is a post with a score of 0, it could have 10,000 downvotes and 10,000 upvotes ( smile ) but noone could see this...

I also dont like the hiding of posts when there are many downvotes. If many people don´t agree with the poster, the others cant see the poster´s opinion (Also bad: +10 -14 -> Hidden).
In my opinion it would be better to have a "spam button" (maybe at the bottom left corner). If many people think that this post is spam (not that they don´t agree with his/her opinion) and they pressed the spam button, the post will be hidden.
I think this would be better, so that only spam is hidden smile .

Loving TW since 2010 smile

Jonas the Roman wrote:

I also dont like the hiding of posts when there are many downvotes. If many people don´t agree with the poster, the others cant see the poster´s opinion (Also bad: +10 -14 -> Hidden).

You still can see it, it's simply not shown by default. It helps to hide useless/spammy posts from a conversation and is also kind of punishing to the poster.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

You're going to unhide it anyways so it's pretty useless...

Youre right.
But currently you use the voting for both (if its spam and if its stuff you dont agree). So someones opinion is hidden like spam.

Loving TW since 2010 smile

Suggestion: there should be a topic's "hall of fame", meaning all topics would be arranged from best to worst.

Better topics, placed near the top, would have qualities of many [+1]'s and a lot of activity/comments. Worse topics, placed near the bottom, would have qualities of many [-1]'s and hardly any activity/comments. It's great and all that we have the rating system but I think it should be more than a pat on the back; I think their content should be viewed by all in a neat and collective way for members, new to the site. smile

There's a little bug, maybe it's intentional but I'll report it anyway. When in the "New posts" section you try to get the messages you haven't read, it is hidden the automatic scrolling (I mean pid=90401#p90401) doesn't work. Oh and I agree with Bee, he had a nice idea! smile

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.