151 (edited by ghost 2009-12-21 21:24:46)

Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

@|X-treme|Bee: http://teeworlds.com/trac/teeworlds/ticket/718

Woooow, this is awesome!

If I see all this modifications in-game I'm deleting all client mods :-|

Great Suggestions!!!

I would just ask  for some adds from some Client Mods.

- Anti-Rainbow protection.
- Spree Messages  - 5, 8, 10, 13, and 15 kills -> Monster Kill, Killing Spree, Unstoppable, Ram Page, God Like (Example).
- Sushi's Beep Chat System. (From Client-Pack)
- Spl0k's Speed Calculator.
- Exact Colors - Black, White, Red, etc...
- Hearts, Shields, Bullets for different weapons statics on the left up corner. (seen it somewhere)
- BETTER FONT!
- 1 on 1 Scores - It's like in ctf teams scoring in the down right corner, but it shows it's self only when they are 2 players left in the server!
- New Background
- Auto Demo Recording.
- Auto End Game Screenshot.

I wasn't talking about that. Just that a new option to in code graphics for more advanced mods. So they have more options to make better mods. Just like how you would download graphics for a new map.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

ELO~281 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I think I have a good idea. I think it will be good to have a little map in the right up edge where you can see all other Tees which are colored like the teams. I think its a good idea...

This will be good only for freeze servers, so you can see where are your teammates and melt them wink

155 (edited by buffer[] 2009-12-21 23:21:22)

Ram Page

xD (Were you meaning 'rampage' ?)

- Spl0k's Speed Calculator.

Hm, it's sucks a bit... Velocity based one is better.

But all those things are included in different clients,
and that's enougth.
They'll be too much options if all of these were in the official one.
I think it's better the way it is :
a simple official client, and many features by downloading special clients.

|ZPote| buffer[]'s posterous

i'm not talking about all the settings from teecomp they are completely useless, but if almost all things from this topic get added to the official client it will be AWESOME, maybe a final version will come soon after that.
o_O

If it's just not too much for the devs to do this (I'm hopping since this is their job)

And again: AWESOME ideas \m/ gz!

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

i'm not talking about all the settings from teecomp they are completely useless, but if almost all things from this topic get added to the official client it will be AWESOME, maybe a final version will come soon after that.
o_O

If it's just not too much for the devs to do this (I'm hopping since this is their job)

No since many ideas here are really crap.

btw this is a freetime project so not their job if this game would be a result of their job work they would earn money with it or not ?

158 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2009-12-23 15:12:29)

save the bans to a list to keep the bans even after a server-shutdown

turn off the optionvotes after the round is running for some time, as its really annoying for me and i guess many other player too when a new map was votet while a round is running
--> seperate option-votes and map-votes?

fire|hook|whatever shouldnt be locked when you hold the button for it, open F2/chat/F1..., unhand this button, close F2/chat/F1 to prevent camping

Editor: Quad: Choose the color in the green point of the middle of the quad to dont have to choose the color for each point of the corner again (if only 1 color is wanted)

Private Message System (maybe this one?: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4810)

Clean up the rcon, i think not all messages are needed which are posted there, like pickup-message....

GameOp of Oy to dont have to give full access to the server - just restricted

Ranking for flagcaps (fly-maps...)

Be able to choose your active weapon on start (hammer or gun)(maybe with a command or in the settings)

Block same messages to prevent spamming (with binds)

EDIT: Command to skip sudden death (helpful in fly^^), or even turn it off
          Or a command to skip the map to the next one of the maprotation

159 (edited by Bee 2009-12-25 20:42:41)

I don't think these have been mentioned...all of them are about demos:

1)Demos to be in block formatting with a preview image of it, like in youtube.

2)A delete button right next to each demo.

3)When paused, let everything be stopped. (Rocket launcher bullet, hearts & armor,particles,gun & shotgun blast with all sounds being stopped until it's played again.)

4)Scrolling ability for fast forward and slow-mo for a wider range for both.

5)New interactive ability. (?) (When paused, at anytime you can "go in" the demo for better viewing without interfering with the demo game.)

6)While the controller is out, the ability to move the screen around with cursor.

7)First, second, and third viewing. (Camera locked on you, camera as in spectator, and camera locked on anyone else while showing their stats.)

8)A small guide on how to use demo. (Most people wouldn't know off the bat that you go to F1 and type in "record [demo name]" to make a demo.)

P.S. Allow custom graphics / sounds to be downloaded from the server = woot!

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Hip-Hop_BLOND wrote:

TeeWorlds is not their job. They are doing it in their free time and they can stop when they will want.

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

1)Demos to be in block formatting with a preview image of it, like in youtube.

I don't think this would be very helpful when you're looking for a demo, perhaps the name of the map... and that isn't needed.

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

2)A delete button right next to each demo.

A delete button would be useful, right, but on the bottom perhaps.

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

3)When paused, let everything be stopped. (Rocket launcher bullet, hearts & armor,particles,gun & shotgun blast with all sounds being stopped until it's played again.)

Yep, this is something to add : freeze all.

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

8)A small guide on how to use demo. (Most people wouldn't know off the bat that you go to F1 and type in "record [demo name]" to make a demo.)

Not in the executable !

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

P.S. Allow custom graphics / sounds to be downloaded from the server = woot!

Graphics = already been done. If you mean skins, it would be impossible to load every skin at each time sbdy connect.
For the sounds, I do not want to hear ugly sounds or a music background from the map creator...

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Hi,

I think I read it somewhere but I don't remember if it is officially planned or not.
Often, idlers ruin the game because one team has like 3 people who are not playing, yet they count as if they were.
Please add an auto-kick option to the server that will kick idle players after a certain amount of time.

This option should be enabled by default and set to one minute or something like that. Enabling it by default is important because many server admins won't notice the new feature and will therefore not activate it.

Please take a look at the list before making suggestions that have already been made. This prevents unnecessary posts with already suggested suggestions. // ~{MS}~ Azon

163 (edited by Bee 2009-12-26 19:09:19)

Dune wrote:

I don't think this would be very helpful when you're looking for a demo, perhaps the name of the map... and that isn't needed.

In the image, you'll see what the map looks like. For me if the demo is old, even with the map name I wouldn't be able to remember what I did in that demo, but an image helps me better to remember it. A picture speaks a 1,000 words. wink

Dune wrote:

Graphics = already been done. If you mean skins, it would be impossible to load every skin at each time sbdy connect.

I was just saying I was happy that they are doing that.

Dune wrote:

For the sounds, I do not want to hear ugly sounds or a music background from the map creator...

That's, actually a good point. Maybe a button to mute music and or background sounds so you don't have to listen to them if you don't want to, and you can hear the rest of the standard sounds at the same time.

William Tee Riker wrote:

Hi,

I think I read it somewhere but I don't remember if it is officially planned or not.
Often, idlers ruin the game because one team has like 3 people who are not playing, yet they count as if they were.
Please add an auto-kick option to the server that will kick idle players after a certain amount of time.

This option should be enabled by default and set to one minute or something like that. Enabling it by default is important because many server admins won't notice the new feature and will therefore not activate it.

It's already been posted. "Auto-kick after several minutes without movement" It was under new features, but it's a good point.

Friendlist ^^

Please take a look at the list before making suggestions that have already been made. This prevents unnecessary posts with already suggested suggestions. // ~{MS}~ Azon

My eng isnt perfect...

a good idea is a flash grenade smile or a smoke greneade

if you trow the flash yore screen is 5-10 sek white tongue

and smoke

if you trow it and someone stays in the smoke he cant see everything is black/grey and if he leaves the smoke he can see smile

166 (edited by Bee 2009-12-27 23:23:19)

Stripe wrote:

a good idea is a flash grenade smile or a smoke greneade

if you trow the flash yore screen is 5-10 sek white tongue

and smoke

if you trow it and someone stays in the smoke he cant see everything is black/grey and if he leaves the smoke he can see smile

If... this was implemented, it should be a special like the katana, where it takes a lot longer to respawn. Or little smoke time, so it dissipates faster, because it would be SO annoying if everyone thew a bunch of smoke bombs at once. Eih... *shivers* chaos...

Yes...it can be make so or

everyone have to buy one or something or

it dont respawn you have just one in ervery round smile

hey..

my idea:

make water.. not just a blue layer that looks like water but actual water like the smoke at this topic:

http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 952#p55952

if it turns out as good as the smoke it would be awesome to see in a new map in 0.6.0 smile

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

169 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2009-12-28 21:57:49)

William wrote:

No no no no!
Use mods if you want to use it, but not in the official! I want to go to the toilet without getting kicked!

Maybe a command like /afk

than over youre tee

Youre name*AFK

or something like that smile

171 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2010-03-25 21:02:36)

the server should remember the last attacker of an victim so the attacker can get his playerscore even if the victim died because of deathtiles

I have some more suggestions:

What about an interface to communicate with higher programming languages like Java?

What about a plug-in system that allows the creation of new game-modes without recompiling the whole teeworlds source? (Dynamic loading of libraries --> .dll on windows, .so in linux and so on)?

Or generalize the upcoming LUA interface and create a scriptprocessor which supports many scripting languages?!

173 (edited by buffer[] 2009-12-30 12:08:10)

Schokomuesli wrote:

I have some more suggestions:

What about an interface to communicate with higher programming languages like Java?

What about a plug-in system that allows the creation of new game-modes without recompiling the whole teeworlds source? (Dynamic loading of libraries --> .dll on windows, .so in linux and so on)?

Or generalize the upcoming LUA interface and create a scriptprocessor which supports many scripting languages?!

For the plug-in system, I had think about a special patch & rebuild system, but that need the compiler.
But with .dll and so on, that could be great.
Anyway, better use this system for the client, instead of the server.

About the scriptprocessor thing, what for ?
Make easier to release shity mod, with about 2 lines in a pseudo-language ?
There are already many, many two-lines-changed mods.

|ZPote| buffer[]'s posterous

174 (edited by TuX. 2009-12-30 16:36:53)

Schokomuesli wrote:

What about a RCON which is accessible from outside of the game through telnet/etc. ?

Someone posted an implementation here that used SSL/TLS Encryption for teeworlds 0.4.2. Maybe that one could be implemented.
//edit: Got it: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2339

Sometimes it would be helpful to ban people for the whole server - not just for one teeworlds server. Maybe these global bans could be realized by using IPC or by using files.

It would be nice not to count spectators to active players so they are not using active player slots.

when i first opened teeworlds.exe i tought something was wrong , i didnt hear a thing.
and music is always soothing and/or engaging more than silence.

i think it wouldnt be a problem with all the creative people on this lovely forum.

my skins
nameless tee: "now thats one foxy hooker!"
Corvon :"i'm flattered : D"