Re: [MOD] MODsave

It is done, Keks !

Thx very much clarus! ^^
There are only 2 little problems: the map you used for the server is an older version with no walls on right and left side so you can walk infinitely long (<- the player with the flag can walk away and noone gets him)
and the second problem  is that you can't take the blue flag because there's no way to get it.
I already changed the map to gametype ctf and made invisible walls
Here it is:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-165 … e.map.html

thx

Sorry, but it seems that the 2 files are the sames sad. Maybe you uploaded again the old map version ?

Ohh sry ^^
I've got 20 versions of this map in my teeworlds folder and I just took the wrong one
Here's the right one now:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-165 … e.map.html

Hope that it's ok now ^^

I've got another question:
On your servers everytime the laser hits a wall there is an explosion
I've tried on my servers but I didn't find the right command
there's only the command "sv_laserjumps 1" but there's only an explosion when the laser hits the wall the first time
so is there a command where you can change it or is it only on your servers?

30 (edited by clarus 2009-05-29 10:56:31)

So is there a command where you can change it or is it only on your servers ?

Yes, we have a specific laser explosion, so it can explode thought walls. Actually, we don't used standard instagib to make this mod, but made a new one from the standard TeeWorlds source, and hence it is slightly different.

Hi all instagib Tees !

For this summer, we are proud to announce that iDMsave and iCTFsave servers are more living that ever !
A total of more than 12.000.000 kills and 40.000 players since the beginning ! More than 1500 players each days, for an average of 100.000 kills per day !
Thanks you all for enjoy these maps smile !!!
And even if they are some cheaters, best players are not, and are fighting to this phenomenon. We thank them for that, too.
And we are pleased to publish here the 10 best Tees with them scores :

Breekachu
ewkia !!
||«Ø£»|| Fløøø [ GOWG ]
[GAYS]Jaffar
||«Ø£ Co-L»||#\SLiDER/#
[T~K~C]Silent Kill...
The Real Slim Shaytee
=]`NIFŽ~CoL[= Keks
[~T>D<R~] .:: BaxteR ::.
-=|GER|=-  R@µtoR

Will Breekachu stay the Tee God ? wink

It is impossible, because the aim of this gametype is to have strictly increasing scores.
But if you want score in real time, you can look at the best score of the day smile.

I don't like the idea of decreasing the score of a player each day,
because this would mean you have to play every day to keep your score at least at the current level.

I meant situations where you're prevented from playing teeworlds
for any reason (for example school or other things).
And yes, you're right with the fact that other players have a real chance to get the best score
Almost all players who have a good score do play very often,
and in the time they're not playing, other players have the chance to increase their scores.
Decreasing the score in the time you're not playing only speeds up this process.
But although that, it came to my mind that you're free to decide if you want to play on such servers or not.
So go on with your mod. wink

Merged double post. // ~{MS}~ Azon

Yes, that is the key point with this mod : it takes a long time to get a good score, but once you have it, you keep it ! But to solve the Zeratul problem a good thing would be to display the player rank too.
We also announce that now we use a more optimized version of our server, with some "fortune" quotes displayed each minute as distraction smile.

whatz about points for capturing the flag? maybe 1point/enemy? would be a nice feature and turn on the iCTF gameplay

Zeratul wrote:

whatz about points for capturing the flag? maybe 1point/enemy? would be a nice feature and turn on the iCTF gameplay

No, because you could get on an empty server and just get the flag a million times to increase your score.

Failuree @ Quakenet

1point/enemy?
if you cap on a empty server u get no score....

38 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2009-07-24 10:45:33)

Heyhididelideldooo!
I dont do it normaly but now i did it!!!! I did instagib maps....well, they are maps i did before only made to instagib maps...
http://www.file-upload.net/download-177 … b.rar.html
screens are in the .rar too. just look and enjoy smile

Hey!
You host a map with the name "Roma". I found a bug. In the water of the blue team is a blue line. i tried to fix it, but sometimes this line appears too -.-
Download: Fixed Roma

btw: do you need help for the administration?

39 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2009-07-23 21:50:06)

IT SUXX! nearly EVERYTIME i get kicked because ppl have fun to kick the best tee of the day of 17.7., 19.7., 20.7. and 22.7..
It isn't fun anymore to play on these server if you everytime you join a server get banned.....
want to come on the whitelist >.<

Kicklog:
13:51
13:52
13:57

14:32
22:32
22:52
23:21

It isn't fun anymore to play on these server if you everytime you join a server get banned.....

Hum ... that's true but the problem is that you are notified to play with many players under the same login "Atze" at the same time. We think that's why you were banned ... smile

btw: do you need help for the administration?
want to come on the whitelist >.<

And what else ? big_smile
More seriously, we are planning a more open system for saved scores to get more admin, but they will have to stay fair ^^

You host a map with the name "Roma". I found a bug. In the water of the blue team is a blue line.

Ok, new Roma map added. Thanks you ! smile
Maybe you should also tell the author here :
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4195

Merged double posts // ~{MS}~ Azon

hay clarus!
i have a idea: its rly annoying if i want to be best tee of the day, but i dont know how many kills i made wink
can you add it?
maybe like so?: http://www2.pic-upload.de/22.07.09/4kg8f3bv7fo3.png
would be great smile

42 (edited by clarus 2009-07-22 21:11:42)

do you mean im not fair?

Yes, play with many humans under the same login name is unfair.

i have a idea: its rly annoying if i want to be best tee of the day, but i dont know how many kills i made wink

Good idea ! Since we see that it is needed by players, we should add it to have more precise stats, like the number of kills each round too.

i would keep the rconpw secret and would use it careful

So nice roll

I did instagib maps....well, they are maps i did before only made to instagib maps

We think that this map is too big for iDMsave mod. Actually, we are searching more small CTF maps, but you don't have to spend out your time for it wink !

Zeratul wrote:

i get the feeling u dont like me sad

EDIT:

I did instagib maps....well, they are maps i did before only made to instagib maps

We think that this map is too big for iDMsave mod. Actually, we are searching more small CTF maps, but you don't have to spend out your time for it  !

you do a joke, dont you?
1. it isnt "this map" (1map)
2. in this archiv are 15 maps
3. some of them are rly small!??!

Yes, play with many humans under the same login name is unfair.

we started 1 1/2 weeks before
breekachu get ca. 2/5 kills of fakes
he had 100000points more as we had
how should we beat it ALONE? 1vs1+fakes? joke? >.<
and, if you dont wanna see me anymore in save scores because we try it as group,i will leave it, like many other, coz they have alone no chance to be the tee god, if the tee god and many other works in groups, if they wanna or not ....and there is missing a scorebalance....

i've been one of the first "tee gods" on the saved scores servers. I also got about 2000 points of my kills by getting faked and the people who faked me i didn't even knew. you can't prevent this cause there are always people who want to have the feeling of beeing tee god. but the way you do it isn't really fair. you want to be tee god by playing in a group so that you get kills without playing cause someone else is doing it for you. Some other players having many kills (don't want to say their names here) also asked me a few time ago to play under their name to gain kills, but i said no cause it is unfair towards the players who get their scores fairly
and sooner or later also breekachu will make a break and let other players be tee god so just play on your own and get as much kills as you can ; ) and first place isn't always the best one. there are a lot of players who play teeworlds much better than the "tee god"
always remember it's just a game and not everyone can always be the best one or in this case the one with the most kills : ) just set your own level you want to reach each week and don't always look what the best one's score is

@clarus: is it possible to rewrite my points to another name cause i don't play under my old one any more  : )
just wanna restart playing on your really fantanstic servers by having saved my score on my new name tongue

Zeratul wrote:

why have saved scores if you dont wanna reach the best?? haha

did i say it like this?? - no
I just responded on your post where you said that it isn't possible to beat breekachu's score alone
my answer: set your own level you wanna reach....
And you can't say that it is impossible. If you play enough time on these servers you can break his score. The first time I played on these servers was about 5 months ago. Now I've only got 39000 kills (collected them in about 2 months)
You play on them for 2weeks now like you said so it is normal that you haven't got these 100000 points like breekachu (he plays on these servers now for about 4 months i think).
breekachu: 4months= 100000 kills = 833 kills a day
you: 2weeks= 23000 kills = 1642 kills a day (with partner)
Now don't tell me it is impossible to do it alone
It just takes much time to make
And in my opinion it is very nooblike to play in a gruop only to be the best
And now stfu and play on your own and stop crying like a baby when there are people playing better than you/having more kills than you

Clarus wrote:

Good idea ! Since we see that it is needed by players, we should add it to have more precise stats, like the number of kills each round too.

Hmmmmm, i think as chatmessage after each round would be enough.... smile

46 (edited by clarus 2009-07-24 08:47:50)

Hum, I read all of the posts, and yes I fully agree with Keks, don't just only try to be the Tee God ! It is just a game, be yourself, stop cheating and stop flooding the topic !

well, i can beat it, great, if noone fakes breekachu and i play alone, but 4,15years isnt much time so here we go!

Remake your calculus please ... tongue

Hmmmmm, i think as chatmessage after each round would be enough.... smile

Yes, that's what is planned, with also a special command like /me to display your precise stats to others players in game.

@clarus: is it possible to rewrite my points to another name cause i don't play under my old one any more smile

Sure ! Just tell me which other name you want tongue

clarus wrote:

Sure ! Just tell me which other name you want tongue

Thx clarus smile
old name: =]`NIF´~CoL[= Keks
new one: [?] AiRwAvE [?]

I am currently in holidays, so I cannot update the servers really often. We made a new saving system which will allows us to manage them easily, even if it seems that they are some performance problems. Now the scores are shared between standard MOD and instagib one. We hope that it will help standard saved mod to be more popular.
I will certainly be back by two weeks, with many new ideas to code ! big_smile

old name: =]`NIF´~CoL[= Keks
new one: [?] AiRwAvE [?]

Now, your new name should be active. smile

sounds good, but lvl x mod is in all ways better. maybe you should ask him if you can help him with coding is PvE. it would be more helpful for all as your save.

A somewhat aggressive message yikes
But I don't think you are right : competition is essential to have good mods. It is why lvl|X mod appeared, because we never proposed something new smile.
And even if it is a saved score mod, we don't follow the same philosophy : we don't have level system, or login with password. save mods are a pure score based system, without the need of registration.

New feature added :
To say /me in the chat system will shows to everybody your scores in standard and instagib mods. We hope that it will helps the standard mod to have many players, like in instagib one. smile