Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version (0.7 and +)

I know moderation on my posts is quite strict so i'm 'living by the book' & posting this here.

Make "composed binds" not also execute a non composed bind(if bound to the same key). example: pressing CTRL + SHIFT + D would not move right but only open the debug stuff. maybe make it an option as someone might have a use for it's current function. i was hoping composed key binds would add to the amount of binds a could use.

Composed binds already do not execute non-composed binds. Try it:

bind x say hello
bind shift+x say hi

Ctrl+Shift+D is a hardcoded debugging shortcut, so it does not act properly (yet).
There is an active discussion over at #1827

Not Luck, Just Magic.

28 (edited by teeslayer 2019-01-12 13:43:34)

1. Man page or at least --help / -h for both client and server.

2. Better moderation management. Currently as I understand it, if you want to make somebody a mod, you have to give him your rcon password and he will be able to see every IP address and execute commands you may not want to be executed. It can be made as a modification of the game, but if you host multiple Teeworlds forks, it may not be that easy to maintain. So basically what I'm asking for is a setting like sv_moderation "nickname" "password" "<permissions separated by comma>". But I can understand if that's too complex to implement correctly and maybe unnecessary for most admins.

3. Allow launching the server inside Teeworlds with a nice UI. I don't expect every configuration to be there, but sv_name, sv_port, sv_map, password, gamemode, sv_max_clients / sv_player_slots should be the minimum. Those servers might be temporary, but many people just want to host a private game without reading any instructions. Best suited for a LAN party I think.

teeslayer wrote:

2. Better moderation management. Currently as I understand it, if you want to make somebody a mod, you have to give him your rcon password and he will be able to see every IP address and execute commands you may not want to be executed. It can be made as a modification of the game, but if you host multiple Teeworlds forks, it may not be that easy to maintain. So basically what I'm asking for is a setting like sv_moderation "nickname" "password" "<permissions separated by comma>". But I can understand if that's too complex to implement correctly and maybe unnecessary for most admins.

Relying on the nicknames only creates a huge permission-security-hole.

teeslayer wrote:
  1. Better moderation management. Currently as I understand it, if you want to make somebody a mod, you have to give him your rcon password and he will be able to see every IP address and execute commands you may not want to be executed. It can be made as a modification of the game, but if you host multiple Teeworlds forks, it may not be that easy to maintain. So basically what I'm asking for is a setting like sv_moderation "nickname" "password" "<permissions separated by comma>". But I can understand if that's too complex to implement correctly and maybe unnecessary for most admins.

You can already do that :)
You can set

sv_rcon_password superadminaccess
sv_rcon_mod_password limitedaccess

Someone should update https://www.teeworlds.com/?page=docs&am … r_settings

Not Luck, Just Magic.

And you can use

mod_command

to specify the commands the mods have access to.
F.e.:

mod_command reload 1

- enables(=1) the "reload"-command for mods

Remember the 80s - good times smile

Dune wrote:

You can already do that smile

Oy wrote:

mod_command reload 1

Thank you, guys. That's what I was looking for. smile

33 (edited by Bolto 2019-05-22 21:17:01)

In 0.6 the command "chat" would carry over text to the chat area, so "bind h chat all Hello" would make pressing H bring up chat with "Hello" pre-typed, useful for greeting people & more, i want this functionality back. 

So to make DM'ing(Whisper) more useful iv'e though of this way: When you open Whisper for the first time on joining a server there should not be a name there, instead it should be empty & allow you to

1. Type some Characters to use TAB Auto completion to select the recipient's Client ID(though there name) (if no player is selected it should give an error that tells you to use one)

2. Press TAB to go though the list of Client ID's (same as Current function) Edit: Shift should reverse the Tab Direction, it's the little things.

If opened again it should default to the last DMed Client ID(if the player left it should default to being empty) but allow you to clear the name with one BackSpace stroke. so for clarity the Blue-Mail-Arrow-box would always be there in Whisper mode. iv'e thought about this for hours, i want to know if there is a better way!

I dont really get why the major issues most vanilla players pointed out are not listed.

1. Many players asked for a hookable flag in ctf for years (!)
2. add a small pistol shooting delay to prevent rapidfire users from benefits (such as the hammer nerf)
3. many power ups to replace the katana have been suggested:
   - such as a shield (related to the /shield comand in older mods)
   - a small number of placeable mines with a low dmg
   - a movement speed up for some seconds
   - negative power ups in certain tactical areas (related to block server tactics) such as a short freez, movement speed reduction, or poison

There were many further ideas to update the static gameplayplay without major adjustments, sadly I cant remember all.

1338 - One step ahead of the average Nerd.

fameless wrote:

I dont really get why the major issues most vanilla players pointed out are not listed.

1. Many players asked for a hookable flag in ctf for years (!)
2. add a small pistol shooting delay to prevent rapidfire users from benefits (such as the hammer nerf)
3. many power ups to replace the katana have been suggested:
   - such as a shield (related to the /shield comand in older mods)
   - a small number of placeable mines with a low dmg
   - a movement speed up for some seconds

There were many further ideas to update the static gameplayplay without major adjustments, sadly I cant remember all.

I personally like those a lot. I think small gameplay tweaks would be great smile

- negative power ups in certain tactical areas (related to block server tactics) such as a short freez, movement speed reduction, or poison

That wouldn't be power-ups then, more like a new tile type.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

36 (edited by fameless 2019-09-10 09:03:39)

That wouldn't be power-ups then, more like a new tile type.

No I rather thought about time related pick ups, Which occure after certain minutes the game started and vanish after some time again. High Level games often lasted a way too long. That way you can vary the static attack/defense game. I remember capgames which have been stopped because players got too bored of it after 40 min.

1338 - One step ahead of the average Nerd.