Topic: How to Setup Instagib Server with 0.7.3?

Hi,

I run some Servers in my Office so sometimes we play Teeworld in break or after the work.

I alsways used the Server Creator with 0.6 which seems not to work anymore.

With that i created instagib Server.

Now this is not working anymore since 0.7.3 as the Server Creator only working with 0.6 TW.

Can anyone tell me quickly what i have to do to setup my server as instagib?
What to Download and where? (If there are more than one, which is the best one or most common one)
I guess the rest will be easy as the Server config stuff issn't that hard to do.

Re: How to Setup Instagib Server with 0.7.3?

Hey

The "servercreator" you are talking about was an unofficial third party tool that is probably not updated for 0.7.
There is a server creation guide in the docs: https://www.teeworlds.com/?page=docs&am … rver_setup
Try this out and tell us what you struggle with.

As for instagib, there are a few mods, my favorite is LordSk's instagib: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12618
Slayer also updated his to 0.7.3: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8062

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Thank you Dune for mentioning my mod iVampire. smile
Just for the correctness: My mod is a modification of Instagib and could be set up as classic Instagib. But you will probably enjoy the variety!
[/advertisement]

4 (edited by yromem 2019-07-02 18:16:41)

Okay I was able to set up an ictf Server with the Mod from LordSK.
I just used my ctf config and changed gametype from ctf to ictf and used the instashield_win64.exe instead of the teeworlds original srv.exe That worked well so far.

1. Is there any list with all the serversettings i can set in the cfg that comes with the mod to make some more detailled game setups? Like needed score points, laserjumps, hitpoints etc.

2. The laser looks pretty wierd. I remember a much smaller laser more blue than violett from 0.6 times. Nothing important but if possible i would like to change the laser or use another mod with the original laser from the lasergun.

yromem wrote:

Okay, I guess i have to use that exe instead of the official server exe to start teeworlds with instagib?
Well no problem.

Yes, and set

sv_gametype ictf
yromem wrote:

Is there a list with all the server commands that i can set in config with the mod? (LordSK's instagib)

It's in the topic of the mod. There are just two additional settings, insta_laser_jump and insta_shield.

yromem wrote:

I guess i need to start the Server with: instashield_win64.exe -f ictf.cfg ? with ictf.cfg containing all my settings?

Yes, or have your configs be in an autoexec.cfg.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
yromem wrote:

Okay, I guess i have to use that exe instead of the official server exe to start teeworlds with instagib?
Well no problem.

Yes, and set

sv_gametype ictf
yromem wrote:

Is there a list with all the server commands that i can set in config with the mod? (LordSK's instagib)

It's in the topic of the mod. There are just two additional settings, insta_laser_jump and insta_shield.

yromem wrote:

I guess i need to start the Server with: instashield_win64.exe -f ictf.cfg ? with ictf.cfg containing all my settings?

Yes, or have your configs be in an autoexec.cfg.

Oh I edited my post and you already answered the old one..
Okay so only 2 commands thanks!

yromem wrote:

2. The laser looks pretty wierd. I remember a much smaller laser more blue than violett from 0.6 times. Nothing important but if possible i would like to change the laser or use another mod with the original laser from the lasergun.

The laser did not change (and cannot be changed server side).
It's possible that there is a bug in the laser animation, somehow.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I rechecked it and you are right. It still looks different from earlier times. whatever.

Thanks alot guys you helped me. we are now able to fight for honor when work is getting boring smile