Re: New translation system

TsFreddie wrote:

Chinese Joined~ XD

Edit:
And Requesting two language system zh-hk and zh-tw.
zh-cn, zh-hk, zh-tw is the same language but in three different usage.

Do you think they're different enough to justify three translations being maintained? I added them for now, but I'm not sure if we should keep them.

27 (edited by TsFreddie 2014-08-15 19:50:55)

heinrich5991 wrote:
TsFreddie wrote:

Chinese Joined~ XD

Edit:
And Requesting two language system zh-hk and zh-tw.
zh-cn, zh-hk, zh-tw is the same language but in three different usage.

Do you think they're different enough to justify three translations being maintained? I added them for now, but I'm not sure if we should keep them.

Thx.

These three language has different usage. Taiwan and HongKong people can not read Simplified Chinese very well actually. Not only characters, but also words are different.

Check out most of the multi-language game, zh-cn and zh-tw must be keep, zh-hk can be remove if we really don't want that much Chinese language in Teeworlds.

about words, here's some examples:
en = Server
zh-cn = 服务器
zh-hk & zh-tw = 伺服器

en = Fullscreen
zh-cn = 全屏
zh-hk & zh-tw = 全荧幕(in Simplified) 全螢幕(in Traditional)

en = Window
zh-cn = 窗口
zh-tw = 视窗(in Simplifed) 視窗(in Traditional)
zh-hk = 窗体(in Simplifed) 窗體(in Traditional)

Edit:
I asked my Macau friend, zh-mo (Macau Chinese) could just be the same with zh-hk.
also, zh-tw and zh-hk are both Traditional Chinese.

If we need least numbers of Chinese, with political reasons, we should keep zh-tw as Traditional Chinese and zh-cn as Simplified Chinese.

BTW, I live in China, I use Simplified Chinese.

P.S. CHINESE PEOPLE ARE DIFFICULT!! WHY WE SHOULD BE TEARED IN TWO APART AS TAIWAN AND CHINA!! WE HAVE THE SAME BLOOD!!

Greet from China!
Teeworlds Chinese Website

28 (edited by 2gethR 2014-09-07 21:26:04)

Amazing. I registered on the website and now everything I see when visiting it is an "Error 400 - Bad Request (Request Header Or Cookie Too Large)". Simply amazing. I ain't blaming you. I'm blaming the talented people over at Transifex. This is unbelievable.

Move along, nothing to see here, really.

TheDerero wrote:

Amazing. I registered on the website and now everything I see when visiting it is an "Error 400 - Bad Request (Request Header Or Cookie Too Large)". Simply amazing. I ain't blaming you. I'm blaming the talented people over at Transifex. This is unbelievable.

It works for me currently, maybe you could try again.

Well, it seems to have happened because I registered an account via Twitter. The website doesn't seem to like that! However, I now have registered an account normally, via email. It works fine now.

Move along, nothing to see here, really.

I'm translating this game to catalan, big_smile

I finished the translation ^^ only 2 hours xDD

Coño un catalán! por aquí un gallego! big_smile

Why need two ways to translate? this and https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11313 ?  can't use 0.7 translations in 0.6.x?

34 (edited by GereL 2015-07-06 13:01:49)

Ok, Finished Turkish. Azerbaijani = %65 . I couldn't translate the long sentences in Azerbaijani but i tried to do my best big_smile.

I started the Esperanto translation this morning on Transifex. Is there any way to convert the .po translations for use in 0.6.x?

Kamparano wrote:

I started the Esperanto translation this morning on Transifex. Is there any way to convert the .po translations for use in 0.6.x?

I converted it for you.

If you want to convert it yourself, you can use this handy script.

37 (edited by Neox 2015-08-08 23:15:16)

JhangKhan wrote:

Ok, Finished Turkish. Azerbaijani = %65 . I couldn't translate the long sentences in Azerbaijani but i tried to do my best big_smile.

Good job, unfortunatly I can't speak turkish as good as you, but I added the missing letters. You added nowhere the ı ş ğ and ç letters ! You can use https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_alphabet if you don't have a turkish keyboard (such as me)
I mean come on, what would happen if you were gonna write "I'm bored"... ?

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

heinrich5991 wrote:
Kamparano wrote:

I converted it for you.

If you want to convert it yourself, you can use this handy script.

Thank you.

Neox76 wrote:
JhangKhan wrote:

Good job, unfortunatly I can't speak turkish as good as you, but I added the missing letters. You added nowhere the ı ş ğ and ç letters ! You can use https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_alphabet if you don't have a turkish keyboard (such as me)
I mean come on, what would happen if you were gonna write "I'm bored"... ?

Yeah , my bad ... That letters are making me tired big_smile Next time maybe i will use Turkish keyboard smile

40 (edited by la_volpe 2015-09-01 10:51:16)

Hello everyone, I'm new on the forums ^~^
@Kamparano - I've looked at your translation and have found some minor errors there - so I've taken the time to complete the whole translation, so that Esperanto will have that beautiful 100% on the translation page big_smile

//EDIT//
Done - @Kamparano if you disagree with a translation let me know, but I'm pretty sure, that these translations are gramatically correct smile

//EDIT//
Would someone be so kind and convert the updated Esperanto translation into a .txt file? I unfortunately have no idea how to use a python script, so I can't really use the translation for now. hmm

//EDIT//
Okay, I've converted it manually to a .txt file and it works great smile I've just one question:
when I run the game and join a match I can't change this message:
"*** '%s' entered and joined the game"
Can someone tell me how to translate that string?
Have a nice day!
Marvin

I just finished the Scottish Gaelic translation. Please use the XSC flag from the Player settings. Native language name is "Gàidhlig".

How can I test it?

Translation is being accepted for 0.7.1. See https://www.teeworlds.com/?page=journal&id=12573

Arch Linux users, see packages for some Teeworlds mod here! wink