1 (edited by necropotame 2017-02-05 15:22:48)

Topic: [PROJECT] TeeWorldsMods

The Project

TeeWorldsMods is a git organization that ideally should contains most of popular or interesting mods for TeeWorlds. Each mod is maintained to be up-to-date with both the original source of the mod and TeeWorlds 0.6. Each mod is in its own repository, with a specific list of branches, each one representing a different flavor of the mod.

Mods that need a dedicated client will not be included in the project, as well as mods based on DDNet, since the initial source code is too different.

GitHub organization: https://github.com/teeworldsmods

Flavors

master
The branch "master" contains the raw source code of the original repository/source archive. The repository will be exactly equivalent to the original mod, except the delay to update the sources.

tw06mod-basic
The branch "tw06mod-basic" is the version of the mod that is based on TeeWorlds 0.6.4, plus all important modifications:

• Antispoof

• Chat commands, with "/about" by default added, to know who did the mod, read credits, and find the link to the source code

• Deleted client and editor to make the mod easier to compile/download on servers

• [Please discuss about potential critical features to add here]

tw06mod-harmony
The branch "tw06mod-harmony" is the version of the mod that is based on the branch "tw06mod-basic", plus interesting modifications:

• Support of 64 players

• [Please discuss about potential interesting features to add here]

Mods

I've start to grab source code and created several repositories. This is the state of the project at the moment:

"basic" and "harmony" branches of all these mods will progressively be added.

TeeWorlds

TeeWorlds itself is in the repository. This fork contains a list of branches for each useful code that I will found. It already contains the code for the chat system, the antispoof (east) and the support of 64 players (DDNet, Neox). But we can add also other known modification like support of utf8 names, account system, animated death zones, fast download, whisper, ... Each of this modification can be a candidate to integrate the "basic" flavor or the "harmony" flavor, and be broadcasted on all mods.

Why this project exists?

It's a way to archive mods and keep them up-to-date. It's also nice to have harmonized mods in term of features, implementation and minimal features. That way, we will be sure that a mod will not be vulnerable to spoofing, or to with chat command flooding.

For me, it's an occasion to learn more about mods, since I'm working on how to generalized them for TeeUniverse. However, this project is not related to TeeUniverse. The only thing that could be related is the implementation of moving death tiles/quads, but only in the harmony branch, or even a separated one, and only if you ask for it smile And since this implementation need only the vanilla editor, there is absolutely no dependencies with TeeUniverse.

heinrich5991 is welcome to become admin of the organization, in order to keep this alive for a while.

2 (edited by xush 2017-01-23 18:59:48)

Re: [PROJECT] TeeWorldsMods

Edit: i should click links before posting, sorry.

I'll be happy to contribute when i find the time. Oh right, teeworlds was declared dead, almost forgot. Don't waste your time, there won't be any new players, even if mods are really really good... There will be no players if its not some city saved scores ddrace sht.

Enjoy karma

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

3 (edited by necropotame 2017-01-23 18:51:35)

That's the one that I've used. Your name is in the description of the repository smile
https://github.com/teeworldsmods/teeworlds-explorer

Edit: I've added your name in this thread too, so it's now coherent with the repository.

4 (edited by xush 2017-01-23 19:00:15)

Thank you, i didn't click the Link, sorry smile

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

5 (edited by Pathos 2017-01-23 19:56:29)

DDNet is the most popular mod by far. Will it be merged?

What about mods that have account systems? For example City, Teerace... Well, I'm hoping that there will be one account system to merge them all.

fng2 just sounds like it nests OpenFNG, so why have OpenFNG included?

The 256 player server support sounds great though, from fng2 anyway.

Pathos wrote:

DDNet is the most popular mod by far. Will it be merged?

I can add it in the repository, but only for a master branch. The rest is already implemented, or impossible to auto-merge. And the mod is too active (hopefully)

Pathos wrote:

What about mods that have account systems? For example City, Teerace... Well, I'm hoping that there will be one account system to merge them all.

Sure. We can add one branch in teeworlds we a nice implementation of account system, and them merge it in "harmony" or in an another flavor on all mods.

Pathos wrote:

fng2 just sounds like it nests OpenFNG, so why have OpenFNG included?

Because TeeWorldsMods is a museum? tongue I don't really know them to decide which one is better or not. But I will keep openFNG with only a master branch if FNG2 is really better in all aspects.

Pathos wrote:

The 256 player server support sounds great though, from fng2 anyway.

Didn't know that it exists! For know, I've only a support for 64 players. But I will think about it. There is really a fng server that have more than 64 players in game??

Why museum? This is not for practical use? I assumed it would be.

I see one fng2 server that hosts 32 players. 188.68.37.85:8381

In the fng2 mod, it's written there that it can hold up to 256 players, though not exactly intuitively.

Well, it's ALSO a museum. But of course, it's a database of up-to-date mods that should be used to host nice servers smile

What I would definitely vote for is a harmony feature for tournament, ie allowing an infinite number of spectators which aren't sent to other clients, so allowing infinite connected clients (or a limit somewhere in the upper thousands) but only 16 or 32 or N playing clients (where the usual system for eg 64p kicks in)

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

I will see if I can implement infinite number of players. It will need some work to convert mods to it, but it will introduce more genericity too. Something like a dynamic array where each cell contains the position of the next element, so it's fast to iterate through it, but you still keep direct access. Of course, a config file will add a limit to it.

why not all mods into only one git repository?
by putting in the source a string like this
if gamemode == "example"

Because it will be much harder to maintain, and some mods take some liberties with the code that make them incompatible one with the other.

[Please discuss about potential interesting features to add here]

How about features from TW+? In TW+, you can use /w or /pm, go, stop, restart. But, one additional feature it needs is definitely when the server has no players, the game should automatically come out of pause state.

To clarify, let's say there's one player and 15 spectators. That player can pause the game and leave the server. Now, nobody can become a player because the game is paused. This needs to be fixed in few mods that I've played, including vanilla, it's quite frustrating that nobody has fixed it.

Are you going to be the one to update all of them? Do you have plans for CarmineZ's idea? I think just combining the compatible mods is a potential idea. Or instead of a museum, maybe you can set up a separate project for more practical uses?

I would ask you to only keep teeworlds sources in that github organization. I am maybe starting up some hosting service again, that way I could just query that organization (github api) and offer all of the mods automatically

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Schwertspize wrote:

I would ask you to only keep teeworlds sources in that github organization. I am maybe starting up some hosting service again, that way I could just query that organization (github api) and offer all of the mods automatically

All repository of the format "teeworlds-*" are mods ready to be used. Is it enough for you?

Pathos wrote:

How about features from TW+? In TW+, you can use /w or /pm, go, stop, restart. But, one additional feature it needs is definitely when the server has no players, the game should automatically come out of pause state.

To clarify, let's say there's one player and 15 spectators. That player can pause the game and leave the server. Now, nobody can become a player because the game is paused. This needs to be fixed in few mods that I've played, including vanilla, it's quite frustrating that nobody has fixed it.

Are you going to be the one to update all of them? Do you have plans for CarmineZ's idea? I think just combining the compatible mods is a potential idea. Or instead of a museum, maybe you can set up a separate project for more practical uses?

/w should definitely be implemented smile I will check what TW+ can do. The game pause fix should be also implemented if it's a bug.

I want to cleanup all mods, but it's a huge work ^^ So I will do it slowly and progressively smile The next mod to be cleaned will be EXPlorer. You can vote about the next one tongue

necropotame wrote:
Schwertspize wrote:

All repository of the format "teeworlds-*" are mods ready to be used. Is it enough for you?

I already found that, however then you should rename teeworlds to teeworlds-vanilla smile

Would vote for openfng

17 (edited by fallen.kn 2017-02-27 09:19:56)

what about custom tuning per client wink and more security from ddnet like sendinfo request delay and prevent namefaking?

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and benchmarks.

18 (edited by IceNine 2017-03-22 09:35:46)

Hi. I'm looking for teeball mod for linux.(teeball not foot)
can anyone help me pls?