Re: [TeeUniverse] Devlog

necropotame wrote:

I think it takes a too much space. But I can try to implement a small popup that show a preview of the asset. Like the images, the size, ... If it's displayed immediately, I think it will be equivalent smile

Would be nice!

I will be banned if I troll again ...

I've fixed the windows binary and tested it on a fresh install of Windows 7 64bit. I hope there will be no more DLL problems sad

278 (edited by necropotame 2017-01-17 20:08:19)

TeeUniverse 0.2.1 is available

http://teeuniverse.net/images/teeuniverse_editor_0.2.1.png

Linux 32-bit binaries
Linux 64-bit binaries
Windows 32-bit binaries

Added
- Images can be replaced and exported
- Eraser tool for images
- Ability to change the group of a layer, using layer ordering or a dedicated button
- Ability to move a group in background/foreground using group ordering
- Button to duplicate groups, entity layers, zone layers and other map layers
- Button to set the zoom to 1:1
- Entry box to display and set the zoom factor
- Option to keep entities, quads and vertices align with the grid during translation
- Creation of quads when no images are defined in the layer

Changed
- Path creator tool create corner vertices by default
- Vertex smooth type is now visible directly in the list of vertices
- Updated infclass package

Fixed
- List of quads and entities is not updated after using the stamp tool
- Two Bezier controllers displayed on end points
- Two assets can have the same name, leading to corrupted TUP file
- Delete a layer in a map change the current edited element to none, leading to an empty view
- Incoherent behaviour of the right click in the asset list
- Mouse click in the map display settings pass through the popup window

279 (edited by necropotame 2017-02-06 16:47:04)

TeeUniverse 0.2.2 is available

http://teeuniverse.net/images/teeuniverse_editor_0.2.2.png

Linux 32-bit binaries
Linux 64-bit binaries
Windows 32-bit binaries
Windows 64-bit binaries

Added
- Support of Ninslash maps
- Support of FNG2 maps
- Support of DummyCapture maps
- Support of Foot maps
- Support of DDNet front, switch, tele and tune layer
- Object zone layers
- Preference window to set keybindings
- Option to create a ZIP file that contains the current package and all its dependencies
- Button to apply dilate and border_add to images
- Each quad get its own global color in addition of the color set for each vertex

Changed
- View background changed for a checkerboard
- Pressing the 1:1 zoom button two times get back the old zoom value
- The last selected tab in the color picker is always the default tab, even after restarting the editor
- Default packages are now opened in read-only mode by default

Fixed
- OpenFNG map import
- Zoom-out can freeze the editor
- Flickering cursor on some environments
- Undo after creating a path block the tool
- List of quads/entities is not refreshed after deleting an element
- Crash when the editor is closed

280 (edited by android272 2017-02-08 04:16:48)

tried running Windows 64-bit binaries I get this message.

The program can't start because libgcc_s_sjlj.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

tried running it again and got this message.

The program can't start because libstdc++-6.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this provlem.
Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

Is the 32-bit version working for you?

I also had similar problems, but I didn't look into to it too much. The dlls were missing even though they were in the same directory.

However, from reading the post, I didn't quite get what it's supposed to be. Can you edit your post to clarify the following?

1. Is it a client? Server? What does "editor" mean? What does it edit?

2. What is the purpose of this project? What problems does this solve? What becomes more efficient by using this?

Thanks.

Pathos wrote:

Is it a client? Server? What does "editor" mean? What does it edit?

Ultimately, the project will include a server, a client and an editor. In the current state, it's only an editor. By "editor", I mean a tool that allows you to create creative content for TeeUniverse, TeeWorlds and TeeWorlds mods (DDNet, InfClass, foot, FNG2, ...), including of course maps. Once again, in the current state, you should mainly use it to create maps.

Pathos wrote:

What is the purpose of this project? What problems does this solve? What becomes more efficient by using this?

Lets talk only about what is done, the editor. The TeeUniverse editor lets you create maps in the TeeUniverse map format (it include a lot a stuff that doesn't exists in TeeWorlds). I've made it so its more simple to map with it (undo, quad manipulation, dependencies, dilate/border_add directly in the editor, description of entities, support of different mod at the same time, you can open multiple maps at the same time, ...). Then, you can "export" your map from the TeeUniverse map format to the TeeWorlds map format and enjoy it like usual. If something is not compatible with TeeWorlds, it will be converted (for exemple in a soup of quads) so you will not notice the difference.
As an example, InfClass maps are made using this editor, with characteristic elements that you just can't do with the vanilla map editor (curved ribbons for examples).

Here is a list of screenshot highlighting features:

Entities (spwaw, weapons, flags, ...) are more visible at all zoom level, and zones (solid/unhook/death) are delimited with a specific border
https://s23.postimg.org/b6f0wzljv/dm1.png

Curved elements in maps, stylized by editable materials (grass, warning lines, purple ribbons, pipes, ...)
https://s28.postimg.org/j7zztd54d/curved_warning_line.png

For mods that support it, you can create polygonal death-zones (it's compatible with all TeeWorlds clients)
https://s27.postimg.org/mqb99eegj/polygonal_death_zone.png

You can change the size of the tile layer with the mouse, and in all directions
https://s29.postimg.org/mq5k6g807/croptool_layer.png

Easier quad manipulation: create them like tiles, and manipulate them in a intuitive way
https://s30.postimg.org/9ri9pkvzl/quad_creation.png

necropotame wrote:

Is the 32-bit version working for you?

This seems to do the same thing... I will try it on my linux rig.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

I will fix the windows binary for the version 0.2.3 (I will release it soon).

You can see here a preview of the auto-tiling system in 0.2.3 (YouTube).

necropotame wrote:

I will fix the windows binary for the version 0.2.3 (I will release it soon).

You can see here a preview of the auto-tiling system in 0.2.3 (YouTube).

You need my new tilesets smile saw some small oddities that would not have happened with my tileset. I will have to look for them but I don't know which drive they are on.

TeeUniverse 0.2.3 is available

Linux 32-bit binaries
Linux 64-bit binaries
Windows 32-bit binaries

Added
- Automatic tiling
- Level of detail parameter for map layers (similar to "detail" option in TeeWorlds)

Fixed
- Click on a quad doesn't change the rotation/scaling mode
- The stamp tool doesn’t select the correct tiles in negative coordinates

TeeUniverse 0.2.4 is available

Linux 32-bit binaries
Linux 64-bit binaries
Windows 32-bit binaries

Added
- Position parameter for zone layers
- Seed parameter for layers that use a material
- Pressing shift with the stamp tool fill the selection with the first tile
- Filling tool
- Multiple items can be selected and edited together in the asset inspector
- Shortcuts for tools

Changed
- Faster update of tiles for layers that use materials
- Crop tool can resize zone layers in all directions
- New quads are two times smaller to keep the same size than tiles
- New maps contain a background with caves and a playground with grass and unhookable ready

Fixed
- Wrong TeleID in exported maps
- Alpha channel in env_infclass is not dilated
- Inversed diagonal in imported and exported quads
- Lost color change when the focus is released outside the color popup
- Better parsing of hexadecimal color code
- Inserting "0", "-" or "+" in a text field trigger the zoom change

thanks you for making a better teeWorld smile

Thank you for the answers. This seems like this can finally replace the in-game editor of DDNet and vanilla client for me. Seriously, they have UI/UX from many of the 90s software that I remember.

So basically, every map maker should know about this mod, correct? You didn't mention anything about DDNet, but my guess is that you can edit DDNet maps as well. Is that right? I think that's important, because DDNet is the dominant part of Teeworlds.

Pathos wrote:

Thank you for the answers. This seems like this can finally replace the in-game editor of DDNet and vanilla client for me. Seriously, they have UI/UX from many of the 90s software that I remember.

So basically, every map maker should know about this mod, correct? You didn't mention anything about DDNet, but my guess is that you can edit DDNet maps as well. Is that right? I think that's important, because DDNet is the dominant part of Teeworlds.

Yes you can edit DDNet maps and other mod maps as well. Eveything you do can be converted into a vanilla map if you would like or you can make mods that use TeeUniverse maps.

The support of DDNet is almost done, I've just to add the speedup layer. There is a thread about TeeUniverse in official DDNet forum smile

293 (edited by necropotame 2017-03-17 20:04:39)

TeeUniverse 0.2.5 is available

Linux 64-bit binaries
Windows 32-bit binaries

Important note
There is no more a default directory for your packages. You can move all your TUP files out of the teeuniverse directory if you want. On Linux, your files was saved in "~/.teeuniverse/assets". On windows, they was saved in "Application Data\Teeuniverse\assers".

Added
- Transform and stamp tools for object layers
- Spacebar to open or close the stamp palette
- Desktop integration for Linux
- About dialog

Changed
- Package dependencies are searched in all directories where a package is opened
- File dialog list all directories where a package have been opened in current or previous sessions
- Zoom in map view is now relative to cursor position
- Default layer size set to the global size of all zones
- Context menu to create new element for map sections (background layers, zones, ...)
- Default license set to CC-BY-SA 4.0

Fixed
- Crash after right clicking on a package
- Wrong map export when a zone layer position is negative
- Moving an element in the asset inspector change the current selection
- No vertices are shown when the vertex editor is used on an object layer for the first time
- Some debug message stay visible in the terminal

We changed the name of the default channel in Discord. The new link is this one: https://discord.gg/uhVBENr

necropotame wrote:

We changed the name of the default channel in Discord. The new link is this one: https://discord.gg/uhVBENr

What? what is discord?

Discord is a chat/voice system that is used a lot by gamers. You can found more informations here: https://discordapp.com/
For TeeUniverse, the discord channel is more active than the IRC one. And in general, Discord is much better and easy to use than IRC. The only problem is that it's not OpenSource, so I keep both. However, most of devlog and announces for TeeUniverse are now in Discord.

Can I use existing custom. rules for TeeUniverse? I haven't found any way to do this without completely rewriting the. rules.

Hello, I couldnt be able to place my custom tileset:

https://imgur.com/a/PUYUh

As you can see in the picture, it is on the editor, but the name is gray and I cant select it. Any help?

Wall Jumping with a bazooka is so fun.

android272 wrote:
necropotame wrote:

What? what is discord?

hi necropotame, pls give me your discord Login#number, i have a few questions, pls.