Topic: Mods on server

Hmm.
I create server "Most Wanted DM"(you can find this in server list, or connect direct using ip 91.227.18.4).
Now, i want install some mods, for better interesting gameplay.
Few questions:
Is script mod needed modified client? I want for official teeworlds can working with my server.
Any interesting mods?

Re: Mods on server

Most modifications don't require a modified client. Some have mild user-experience fixes (ddrace for example with hook-through predict)

You don't so much install modifications so much as you just change what server executable you're using. TW+ is a popular mod with support for many modes.

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

3 (edited by 2016-10-20 11:31:43)

[pieLover] wrote:

Most modifications don't require a modified client. Some have mild user-experience fixes (ddrace for example with hook-through predict)

You don't so much install modifications so much as you just change what server executable you're using. TW+ is a popular mod with support for many modes.

Okay, thanks, for example i want every 5 minutes write in chat:
Thanks for playing on our server.
I need to build teesrv from sources?

Teeworlds server don't have scripting language such as pawno or lua?

4 (edited by Henningstone 2016-10-22 12:30:54)

monobogdan wrote:

Teeworlds server don't have scripting language such as pawno or lua?

Unfortunately teeworlds has no scripting possibilites whatsoever :/
I've heard that there could possibly be some client around which had stuff like that, but I haven't come across a public server modification that makes use of that awesome stuff.

So if you want to have your very own custom server doing special things you want it to do, there appears to be no other way than getting your hands on the c++ sourcecode (or asking somebody else to do it for you, if you can't...)

...I know someone who wanted to code such a server with lua support and maybe even the whole gamemodes's logic built upon lua scripts, which would make it quite interesting (and easier for people who aren't that good with c++) to develop new mods on this system..... but the lack of time is real :(

I've heard about that client too, and I've also heard that the developers of the client probably will add a server sided lua API aswell in the future.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

I write on C++, but i can't read other coders code

Aah, a write-only programmer!

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Why not introduce simple scripting language?
Okay, i can write interpreter, but you need to inject interpreter in your binaries wink

Yea, ddos html java c++ inject linux software compiler script 1337, that should do the trick. Basically.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

html is markup langauge, how you want ddos with it big_smile

I'm taking you seriously.

Similar to SQL injection there is also the security term HTML injection where, for example, you XSS is prevented, but you can still add arbitrary HTML and through that run some Phishing eg on a forum, for instance, you place a well-formatted login form in your post but the form is heading to your server so when they fill it, you got their login anyway.

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Yes, xss is possible.
In this case, you can execute hidden ajax, every 100ms sending random data to server.

monobogdan wrote:

html is markup langauge, how you want ddos with it big_smile

well, if you were to create a html page that would be so large (and containing millions of divs), it would drain both the bandwidth(extremely tiny amount) and some CPU power, add some CSS to those millions of divs (CSS3 transform) and it would probably freeze/crash.

Technically it's not a DDoS, but it'll deny your browser (=service?), thus being a DoS somewhat.

privet

Well, considering this is 100% off topic......

Normally, DoS is done to block a server, not to freeze a client.

But there are 100 better ways if you are evil and really think about being mad on anyone

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Removed even more off-topic posts, please don't do this // heinrich5991