1 (edited by 2gethR 2016-05-22 20:49:05)

Topic: They said it couldn't be done; a moving butterfly.

Hey guys!
I did a thing!
It's a moving butterfly, made using the envelopes!

I hope this is something that's appreciated. x:
It isn't great, but hey, this is the Teeworlds map editor, so it's as good as it's gonna get.

Check it out over here!

Download the map here. It also includes a fire animation.

I made these things rather easily actually. They're just a bunch of Quads put after one another so they basically create a GIF. That together with some position envelopes and we've got ourselves something beautiful.

Here's a funny video totally out of context.

Oh, and I'm sorry if this belongs in Fan Art.

Move along, nothing to see here, really.

Re: They said it couldn't be done; a moving butterfly.

Looks nice, with the (crappy) envelopes editor it should have been quite hard to make.

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Am I understanding it right? The moving of the wings are done via quads which fade in and out instantly (so doing an animation) and all quads are moved via the envelopes

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Exactly! It isn't very impressive, now that I think about it.

Weonix wrote:

Exactly! It isn't very impressive, now that I think about it.

It is extremely impressive when you know how horrible the envelope system is. This had to have taken hours to do such a simple thing.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

wow, looks very cute!

I will be banned if I troll again ...

android272 wrote:

It is extremely impressive when you know how horrible the envelope system is. This had to have taken hours to do such a simple thing.

I've been a mapper for a while now, and know the envelopes better than most people, and yet, together with making the graphics for the butterfly, it took me more than 3-4 hours straight. Honestly, I'm happy the envelopes system exists at all. Without it, we couldn't have such creative maps!

Thanks for all the compliments, guys!

Weonix wrote:

Download the map here.

This link is broken.

Host it on Google Drive/Dropbox/OneDrive/Box/Mega/etc. please. I have no idea why people still use mediafire.

There is no problem with mediafire as long as you don't post the direct link

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Pathos wrote:

This link is broken.

Host it on Google Drive/Dropbox/OneDrive/Box/Mega/etc. please. I have no idea why people still use mediafire.

The link is broken because I deleted the file, haha. I'm using Mediafire so I can have direct downloads and people don't have to go to an external site.
I would use OneDrive, but it doesn't have that feature.
Anyways, I fixed the link.