1 (edited by neko 2015-12-14 22:40:03)

Topic: TeeworldsNetwork

TeeworldsNetwork is a modified version of Teeworlds 0.7.

The main idea behind Teeworlds Network is to give the modding community more options for their server and client modifications.
Teeworlds Network is open source so everyone can use this as base for their modifications.
A better support for modifications is not the only thing we are interested in. So we are happy about new suggestions or suggestions which haven't made into the main game.
We still want to maintain the vanilla support but for all modifications who can't abide the rules, we're hosting own masterservers as an alternative.

Some plans for the future:
- Faster map download over http
- 64 player support
- Antibot system
- Better support for modifications
- Send GUI from server to client
- Monthly tournaments for some gamemodes
- and more...

Please note that we don't want to replace Teeworlds vanilla. We're just unhappy about how the modding community handled by the developers.
We think that the modding community does a lot for the game and it's just unfair to remove important functions like broadcast.

Website: http://teeworlds-network.com (Available in the next time.)
Github: https://github.com/TeeworldsNetwork/teeworlds
IRC: irc.teecloud.de:6667 #twnet

Re: TeeworldsNetwork

If you are unhappy, I think you should provide "n clients support" and read the max players from the map (if nothing present = 16). This would make things MUCH easier.

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

multi-server ban is great idea. good work wink

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

May I ask how you want to realize an Antibotsystem in an opensource game?

Greetz,
FuroS

"Panos."
               -FuroS

FuroS wrote:

I 'm guessing, a lot of obfuscation of the antibot system.. but will be difficult and eventually impossible.

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

pielover88888 wrote:
FuroS wrote:

I 'm guessing, a lot of obfuscation of the antibot system.. but will be difficult and eventually impossible.

I would say it's impossible, because an obfuscation is just an obstacle and, if everyone has the source code, it's just a matter of time until someone will pass the obfuscation, whether through fully understanding the source or just bruteforce some bots until the detection won't detect the bot.

=> If someone wants to use a bot he surely will find a way to do so.

So I would say you should come up with another idea ( I don't have one either, sry).

Greetings,
FuroS

"Panos."
               -FuroS

FuroS wrote:

That's true but it would be a good protection for standard bots.

I like the idea of the project. Better mod support might encourage that more people make mods for 0.7.
For the idea with the GUI you can take a look at NetGUI by Henningstone. Maybe he can help you with your project.

Most of your ideas are already contained in other mods but modders could use this as base for their mods so everybody who start modding already got 64 player support and other good stuff.

Some more ideas:
- chat command system
- serversided localization (saw this on github)

Try to add a clear separation between functionalities compatible and not compatible with the default client.

For example, you can replace SendBroadcast() by EXT_SendBroadcast() or something similar.
Just imagine someone that want to create a mod. He can't figure out if what he does is visible or not for the vanilla client.

FuroS wrote:
pielover88888 wrote:
FuroS wrote:

I would say it's impossible, because an obfuscation is just an obstacle and, if everyone has the source code, it's just a matter of time until someone will pass the obfuscation, whether through fully understanding the source or just bruteforce some bots until the detection won't detect the bot.

So I would say you should come up with another idea ( I don't have one either, sry).

Greetings,
FuroS

May I ask how you want to realize an anti bot system in a non-open source game? I would say it's impossible, because any obfuscation is just an obstacle and will eventually be bypassed (cf. CS:GO, TF2, etc., lots of hackers there). This is nothing unique to an open source game.

heinrich5991 wrote:
FuroS wrote:
pielover88888 wrote:

Greetings,
FuroS

May I ask how you want to realize an anti bot system in a non-open source game? I would say it's impossible, because any obfuscation is just an obstacle and will eventually be bypassed (cf. CS:GO, TF2, etc., lots of hackers there). This is nothing unique to an open source game.

Good point there, I knew i forgot something to add in my statement. big_smile

Yes you're right, a 100% full cheat-free is impossible. What i intended to say is that as far as I saw it in non-opensource games it will end up like this if the developper try to stop hackers/cheaters :

=> Fixx from developper => No hackers for a period of time => New hack released => repeat

BUT the thing is that in an opensource game this short period of time (if there is one) is significally shorter than in non-opensource games because they have a harder time bypassing the fix.

So, in my opinion, you guys should focus on the other stuff and first establishing yourself with your idea and don't try to make an antibot-system, because you will end up in an infinite "fixx-bypass-race" and I don't think that an bot-detection-system is 100% correct all the times.

P.S. Even in League of Legends (where are no hackers in that way they are in CSGO etc.) many people start to use   
      scripts to dodge everything etc.

Greetings

"Panos."
               -FuroS

Well, if the bot detection system was as complex as to that the source code of teeworlds would be 1/10 the game and 9/10 the bot detection, I think it would be possible....

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Example server online (always up to date)
151.80.85.125:8090

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

You know that it is still a pure server right?

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

Nope... But I don't mind, because I already talked to Neko and so I had to do this....long story

Professional Logotype.

http://i.imgur.com/O4rBR2e.png

I read long ago about Steam's VAC. Someone explained it in layman's terms and here is what I remember about how VAC works.

While the game is running, Steam reads the system's memory.

The devs learn a way to detect the cheat in the system's memory. My guess is that this process can be handled easier if the devs just look up the cheats for their own games online and running/testing them in their own systems.

Well, that's about it, but they don't bring out the guillotine right away. They wait until they have a certain threshold of players using the cheat or after some time, ban wave commences. I think it's certain that you can detect an aim bot by looking at the aim behavior, but that's way too hard to code. But in reality, trained eyes are all that's needed.

17 (edited by necropotame 2015-12-25 13:03:35)

The GitHub of this does not seems to contains any differences with vanilla. Changes are not committed, or the work hasn't started yet ?
Is it possible for you to fork teeworlds-modapi instead of vanilla ? I think it's better if we keep only one alternative to vanilla (in term of net version). NetGUI will be also added in ModAPI so it's still compatible with your roadmap wink

Edit: Sorry I didn't see that there is a dev branch. It's possible for a vanilla 0.7 client to play on a TeeworldsNetwork server ?

Currently we don't have much time to spend for Teeworlds Network. We are working on it, but only in small steps.

@necropotame
Yes, vanilla clients are able to play on Teeworlds Network Servers.

reupload on github pls