76 (edited by amirteeworlds 2014-02-14 21:03:34)

Re: [Discussion thread] Name 3 things you want to see in 0.7

1.Some new mapresses!2.Make "UNDO and REDO" for map making!3.I don't know...Have not any idea!

Teeworlds is the best game in the world.
big_smile

1 - parts of a map that can destroyed/digged/moved to change the goal during the play time, in bitmap mode as in "Lemmings" or in vectorial mode (as in AngryBirds)
2 - parts of a map that can be built, keep in mind the "baserace" map in RCTW:Enemy Territory: you can stole object (flag) and use it to build pieces of the own base to better defend proper flag.
3 - enough 1 & 2 smile

Steps back in map editor.
Remembers friends even if they changed their name.
copy/paste text in chat.

A useless signature

79 (edited by ***~thestar~*** 2014-06-13 23:28:27)

I have only one thing, but I think this makes a better Teeworlds and maybe people who stopped playing Teeworlds because of the mod situation will maybe come back:

So many old mods died due to the updates of Teeworlds. Many good mods were not ported from 0.5 to 0.6 because the authors never gave the source and also didn't wanted to port the mod. If you can find a way, which makes every teeworlds mod (server .exe) executable and compatible with the new Teeworlds version, we could play many old good mods.

Just an idea, maybe no one likes it, maybe everybody does smile . I definetly do!

#Edit: And yeah I know I'm a little late. Hopefully not too late

1. News tab
2. News tab
3. News tab

Why u no news tab?????? >:(

How about an optional clock bar somewhere on the screen, so the player could see what time is it?
I think that this could save a lot of trouble to some players.

82 (edited by Ioannisjanni 2014-07-10 14:03:09)

1. The release

Nothing else, it`s only been 3 years since the last update after all!

Teeworlds!!!!

83 (edited by unsigned char* 2014-07-10 14:52:47)

Ioannisjanni wrote:

1. The release

Still waiting... the official devs have best things to do... :\
http://hclient.wordpress.com/2014/06/12 … teeworlds/

unsigned char* wrote:
Ioannisjanni wrote:

1. The release

Still waiting... the official devs have best things to do... :\
http://hclient.wordpress.com/2014/06/12 … teeworlds/

btw i remember a time before 6.2 that 0.7 release was rumored to be released in 1-2 weeks.

Teeworlds!!!!

1 - voice chat ^^
2 - better optimisation  - even on good computer i have some lags while playing on some maps xO
3 - and maybe u have to add it on steam for using some steam-features (like a friend adding - it is more usefull on steam, coz even after changing name friend can find u)
=-)

1. More power skill like fly or skill shield
2. More weapons like flamethrowers
3. Variety Map Editor like Portals, clouds, doors, dark tunnels with low lights

1. An active official coder for the next version
2. A second active official coder for the next version
3. A third active official coder for the next version

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

Also, why some very useful features (such as the statboard, that has been around ever since teecomp was first released) haven't been implemented?
Should we keep such (already coded) features out of the official client just because they might present bugs/glitches at some point?

I also have another doubt regarding gametypes... We have already seen in the past mods like Assault or Domination (which are very vanilla-like, as survival is). What stops such gametypes from being added to the official release? Maps?

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

A better
teeworlds documentation
and a better
code documention

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Sorry I am very late to the party.

frecel wrote:
Cart wrote:

1. no laser damage through shilds
2. no grenade damage through shilds
3. teleport in vanilla

This would completely change the way TW is played and you don't do that after a game has been out for years, for that reason it's a bad idea. I wouldn't mind seeing someone fork TW and implementing those changes though.

Lets not reject this simply because it will change the way TW works.  You don't know this could be better.  I don't know how matches are made. whether they are server based and always running or whether I can just start a mach and people start joining.  But if it is the latter when a match is created you could check a box to allow shields not to take damage to lasers or grenades.  This way people can try it out and then if it does become more popular it could be a thing.

mousecat wrote:

Join server queue (client sends request, receives wait signal, server allows first client in line to enter when someone leaves)

This could be nice. There could be an auto join game like halo and other games do. TeeWorlds would pick the best game for your ping and just add you to a game when one starts or players quit.  There would have to still be the option to join games manually encase I don't want to play death match or what ever.

prof-turbo wrote:

I think we can add a little bit more music in-game !
( The "music-menu" button would have to be changed into "music" button )

what do you mean by it being changed to a music button?  I really like this https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11447 suggestion as long as there are music volume control for music, Tee, weapons, sounds, and ambiance.  I really don't like when games only give you a volume control for sound and that is it.

Magnet wrote:
Golol wrote:

-making vanilla more popular
we need more vanilla ganenodes! like some kind of conquest gamemode with areas that can be controlled.
thia would add a lot of new fun to vanilla

The mod is called domination, and I agree that we should make it official, but it also needs special maps (because there are many bases). So it will take a while sad. But I also saw using a forum research that a lot of people are asking for it, and I count myself in! So I believe we should totally make it happen.

Btw, there are two domination mods already (DOM & CNH), they are pretty good. Unfortunately at the time it didn't have the success it deserved, but it wasn't advertised much I suppose.

+1 to more game modes. Domination would be cool.  I think Infection and Juggernaut would also be a good option.

In Infection  a random Tee is picked to be zombie and if the zombie kills a living Tee they respon as a zombie. the goal is to either to survive the longest as an uninfected Tee or kill the most living Tees as a zombie.

In Juggernaut a random Tee is picked to be the Juggernaut. As the Juggernaut you are a bit stronger and have more life. If you kill the Juggernaut you become the Juggernaut.  The player that has the longest spree as the Juggernaut wins.

chabo_mabo wrote:

-Change the sounds (hook, weapons...)
-Everybody can change the color of their weapons and hook smile
-More skins smile
-Hide IP's of the servers, then nobody can ddos them smile
-Account System (Invite Friends to the Server, or join friends..)
-Moveable Things
-Maybe new weapons...?

M O R E  W I S H E S  W I L L  F O L L O W    smile <3

-More skin bodies (More for the girls ^^)

You can change the sound of the hook and weapons.  Why would you want to change the color of your weapons when you can change their skin? 

I think it would be a really good idea to hide IP's as this is a security issue.

https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11434 would be a great option for more guns.

I don't understand the more skin bodies for the girls? If a girl wants a more feminine Tee body(which I don't know how you make a ball more feminine) then she can make or download one.  Not saying that there should not be more default feminine skins in TW I just don't see the body could be more feminine?

d(-_-)b wrote:
graehu wrote:

I haven't read the whole thread so I might be saying something stupid here. (I'm pretty late to the party too.)

But if you're trying to reach more people and you want an integrated account system, why not just integrate with steam?

Getting teeworlds onto the steam store will definitely bring in new players, and it's pretty cheap to get a greenlight page. ( http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight )

I'm not sure if steam accepts 100% free games but I think it's worth investigating at the very least.

Once again, sorry if that's a stupid idea. smile

Sorry it is a stupid idea and it is rejected many many times.

No putting TeeWorlds on steam is not a stupid idea.  Its a great idea the more people who play TeeWorlds, the more attention it gets, the more help in development we get, the better the game gets.  Now steam does not guarantee instant popularity. But steam is extremely popular and to not put you game on steam is stupid, speechlessly for smaller games.  The Devs have shut it down because in order to do it they will need to add proprietary junk into TeeWorlds. So what! TeeWorlds will still be open source, just because bits have to be added for the steam port does not change that.  If it is not done then we are losing out on a bigger player base.

mpamio wrote:

1 - parts of a map that can destroyed/digged/moved to change the goal during the play time, in bitmap mode as in "Lemmings" or in vectorial mode (as in AngryBirds)
2 - parts of a map that can be built, keep in mind the "baserace" map in RCTW:Enemy Territory: you can stole object (flag) and use it to build pieces of the own base to better defend proper flag.
3 - enough 1 & 2 smile

taking resources to rebuild your base qould be cool

Scrloll wrote:

...3. Variety Map Editor like Portals, clouds, doors, dark tunnels with low lights

Yes

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

raoz wrote:

1 - voice chat ^^
2 - better optimisation  - even on good computer i have some lags while playing on some maps xO
3 - and maybe u have to add it on steam for using some steam-features (like a friend adding - it is more usefull on steam, coz even after changing name friend can find u)
=-)

voice chat   niceeee x)

YouTube channel -  http://www.youtube.com/c/TeeworldsnoFuny
Fun, Fun, Fun,Fun - more Fun big_smile
Rus Kanal Pe69ITki smile

1. Probably already suggested before, but the 'emotional tees' thing (where emotes make the tee's eyes change to match) should be a server option in vanilla servers.

2. The "Survival/Last Man Standing" was already suggested by heinrich to be a possible new gamemode in 0.7 (concept is super simple and common) - but the suggested names for the individual and team modes should be "EL" and "TEL" in my opinion (ELimination and Team ELimination). Keep the names simple, just like DM and TDM.

3. Faster map downloads (though while this would be awesome, i understand it being not included if it would make 0.7 take way longer to come out.

I've got two FNG maps which are close to ready for public release, hopefully they'll be on the forums soon! Aforementioned maps are on the back burner. Still doing mapping, but have higher priority map projects.
It should never take 45 seconds to download a map for anyone with a decent connection.

Deku / mint-pi wrote:

1. Probably already suggested before, but the 'emotional tees' thing (where emotes make the tee's eyes change to match) should be a server option in vanilla servers.

2. The "Survival/Last Man Standing" was already suggested by heinrich to be a possible new gamemode in 0.7 (concept is super simple and common) - but the suggested names for the individual and team modes should be "EL" and "TEL" in my opinion (ELimination and Team ELimination). Keep the names simple, just like DM and TDM.

3. Faster map downloads (though while this would be awesome, i understand it being not included if it would make 0.7 take way longer to come out.

1. In my opinon, a server option for that would be bad, it would mean that you get a different playing experience depending on which server you're on.
2. They're not actually suggested by me, but thank you. big_smile They're also already implemented in the 0.7 branch. Not sure about the names, I don't have an opinion there.
3. I think the map downloads are now somewhat configurable on the server side.

Sorry to be so late too, I quited teeworlds community for a while.

About the music option, developpers do not seem to agree with it smile https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/issues/1424

About the domination gamemode that I really would like to see in-game, it's been discussed here :https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/issues/1349 .
I think personnally it would not need many sfx or gfx added (maybe just the pod where the flag is put). But it would need to add it to the map editor and to define what it clearly does : if it only gives points to players or also life, shield, ammo,... like in Cube2 one http://sauerbraten.org/docs/game.html#capture

I agree with the undo/redo adding to the editor, it would be a huge adding to the editor. I would be for the thing to add interactive things too, like teleporters and jumppads (not buggy ones).
I'd also liked to see some moving entities, like particles https://imgrush.com/vH_NdI-b_tfn .

Also, it would be great to add an AI system, working correctly and not has it does in mods like Monsters or zChaos, that would let the creation of a coop-survival mode possible, and many other things, for the next, and for modders.

Maybe also should we add new particles tiles, as if they're not used today. I know teeworlds is about minimalism, but it's always good to see new things into it (e.g : fire paricles, water fountain,...)

New mapresses also.
P.S : We need to convert custom mapresses of grass_main to the new one

Also, but this is really a low low low priority thing, I would be happy to see this big_smile   :

Actually, on 0.7 (you can compile it yourself using the documentation), the background is a little bit animated. But what would you think if we included demos of gameplays, and play them randomly in the background ? Also, player would be abled to see his own demos in background. But there is a problem, and it's that demos are not classified, so old versions demos that does not fit with the actual release would not be played.

IGN = in-game name = the name you have when playing = the name you have when playing this game named teeworlds = the game you have playing this name gamed teeworlds and not the clan = Feeder

1. Japanese,Korea Symbols in Teeworlds

2.Anti Aimbot system

3.Copy/Paste ( copy on F1 and F2 ) and paste = paste )

96 (edited by Plove 2015-12-05 13:41:00)

1. Water, lava/acid, crates/boxes that can be thrown to other players using the hook (it wiil be funny <3), ice, glass. (also with physics)
2. New clan system (like in other games, where one player register clan in game and can invite other players, and this is only one clan, with a special emblem) and also in-game clan chat.
3. New powerups like invisibility (with distortion effect), turrets, double ammo when shoot (dont work with laser), mines, tnt with timer, vampire(regenerate hp when shoot at enimie) and a lots of other...
Sorry for my english, i dont know it very well)))

Plove wrote:

1. Water, lava/acid, crates/boxes that can be thrown to other players using the hook (it wiil be funny <3), ice, glass. (also with physics)
2. New clan system (like in other games, where one player register clan in game and can invite other players, and this is only one clan, with a special emblem) and also in-game clan chat.
3. New powerups like invisibility (with distortion effect), turrets, double ammo when shoot (dont work with laser), mines, tnt with timer, vampire(regenerate hp when shoot at enimie) and a lots of other...
Sorry for my english, i dont know it very well)))

If water, lava/acid were to be done like this it would be amazing. The only think I would change is while in water you should have infinite double jumps. That way you could swim to the top.  Once out of the water you would go back to only having one double jump.  The jump noise while you in water should also change to a bouble noise. 

Maybe there could be two different liquid tiles. One you can swim in and the other will kill you. Before you place the tile on the map you could select the color to look like lava/acid or sewage.  Sewage being something you could swim through but would not kill you.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

the old broadcast command this time with newline support

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

a seperate 'chatbox' wich handels servermessages

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and benchmarks.

1. old broadcast
2. old broadcast
3. old broadcast

I will be banned if I troll again ...