1 (edited by munyul 2014-03-01 09:29:11)

Topic: [MAPS] by munyul (DM, TDM & CTF), 0.6.2 updates.

Hi

I just released updated versions (0.6.2) of my old maps, you can find them all here: www.munyul.com (Mapping -> Teeworlds)

I've also released two new maps;

Jungle Bash (1v1 DM)

Jungle Bash
Download

Desert Side (smallish DM/TDM)

Jungle Bash
Download

The rest of the map layouts (and links) will be uploaded "soon".

Enjoy...

2 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2014-02-23 19:32:17)

Re: [MAPS] by munyul (DM, TDM & CTF), 0.6.2 updates.

Hey munyul,
please provide direct download links plus screenshots (at least editor overviews).

See also: MAP FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE YOU POST YOUR MAP

Edit: My teeworlds (Sushi's Client Pack based on teeworlds 0.6.1) is crashing when opening your maps with the editor.

Hi Slayer

I'm using game client 0.6.2 and all maps open fine, both in the client as well as the editor - not sure what problem you are having!?

Here is a link to a G+ photo album for the editor layout screenshots: >> album <<

When I get the time, I'll post direct download + photo links.

Tested with vanilla 0.6.2, working fine.

About your map Jungle Bash: I dislike the spawns above weapons..
Plus each player should have equal possibilities in gathering weapons. In your case one player spawns above a grenade launcher and the others above shotguns.

I've just added in the layout screenshots and the download link for the two new releases. When I get the time I'll add all the other maps as well.

@Slayer, shame you do not like Jungle Bash - each to their own I guess. Were you able to play the game against a human opponent before you made your judgement?

I disagree with your reasoning for not liking the spawn points - take a look at ANY of the official maps, in all of them there are spawn points that are better located than others, thats just the way it is!
The only difference is that I've made it "obvious" rather than "hidden" in Jungle Bash. On top of that, a "down" player has a chance to get a weapon at respawn, instead of always being at a disadvantage in such a small map!

I don't pretend to know much to map designing gameplay-wise, but you should definitely not spawn where all you have to do to get a weapon is let you fall or walk a bit to the right.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

7 (edited by Kirbs 2014-03-02 19:52:05)

munyul wrote:

I disagree with your reasoning for not liking the spawn points - take a look at ANY of the official maps, in all of them there are spawn points that are better located than others, thats just the way it is!
The only difference is that I've made it "obvious" rather than "hidden" in Jungle Bash. On top of that, a "down" player has a chance to get a weapon at respawn, instead of always being at a disadvantage in such a small map!

No!  The only official map that has that problem is dm9 (maybe). I would think Slayer knows what Slayer is talking about.

The official maps have spawn points placed with much care, and equal opportunities for weapons are present almost in every map. Please don't take my word harshly, I'm just saying what I know...

Yes, I did read the last part of your post. I agree and disagree with that.

But I'll agree to disagree since I don't like arguing.

You could have each tee spawn above the same type of weapon, have everyone spawn above shotgun or something of that sort.

Desert Slide is good, I'll play it a lot more in a few days. 3.7 stars for desert slide.

no