Topic: Fresh Blood

I've been a Teeworlds player for a very long time now (around 2009) and I've noticed one outstanding detail. If I were to forget the name of the game I'd probably never find it again. Teeworlds is quite an obscure game and unless someone tells you about it the chances of you stumbling upon it are quite low. So I've made this thread in attempt to organize the community as a whole and hopefully spread the word.

My idea is quite simple, using some of my own ideas and hopefully other's we can maybe find a way to revitalize the game; bring in some fresh blood... something that's badly needed. So without further ado here is my short list of ideas.

1. We need a good promotional video. Sure there's some great montages of kills out there but I have been unable to find a video that's dedicated to promoting the game.

2. Forum signatures. I'm sure many of you belong to many forums and most of these probably allow the use of signatures. If we can come up with a nice image that we can put in our signatures that we link back to the site we'll hopefully expose others to this great game.

Completed Works

-

2 (edited by Emporio 2013-12-06 12:09:52)

Re: Fresh Blood

Try to check Rush's YT Channel and Z-Team's.

My in-game nick: Gumby

The problem with those videos is the same as with most videos: They are not made for promotional purpose, but mostly show highlevel gameplay and cool stuff. We need some of that, but the video needs to be made especially for promotional use. We need a short video, which you could also see in tv as advertisment. Something that shows a bit of the teeworlds gameplay and attracts people, so they take a look at the game.

The more interesting question is how to share the promotional video?

Casualtee & Sateesfaction were partly meant as promotional videos.

I agree, that they can be used for promotional purposes to some extent, however they are not specifically made for this and in my opinion are not suited that well. A promotional video should address the people (maybe some text like "defeat your enemies!", "stay alive!") imo. I agree that we can use some of the content from those videos, but I think it needs to be arranged in the correct way. I also think, that it should not only contain high level play, maybe some ffa gameplay with many players and a lot of action could be appealing to people, too.

Ghost is taking the words out of my mouth. We need a good video that is ONLY meant for promotion, as for distributing it I'd say we should go with Youtube which segways into my next point nicely.

To the best of my knowledge Teeworlds has no "official" Youtube channel as the most involved people (devs) are too busy doing their devvy magic to run a channel. So my proposal is to get some willing people to run a community-driven channel with player submitted content.

Let's get Teeworlds back on its feet!

Try to consult ShReKo about this project, he might help, as if may ignore as well.

My in-game nick: Gumby

Well it's time to revive this.

The following is something that literally took me 10 minutes to put together. Please DO NOT use this for a signature without express permission from the authors of the images.

This is just an example of what we need, not something to actually be used by the community.

http://i39.tinypic.com/3531l40.jpg