Topic: The Great Vanilla Revival Initiative: Offtopic/Trashtalk comments dump

Responding to reports and complains, I moved offtopic and trashtalk comments that were polluting the original thread.

It is fine to disagree with an original poster opinion, but you have to do it in a mannered way instead of trying to start a flame war.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Re: The Great Vanilla Revival Initiative: Offtopic/Trashtalk comments dump

I'm one of the guys is going to "criticize, troll, etc.".

1st of all, I see no point on this topic,
Every new player stats by playing Vanilla, not Mods, following that, every single player knows Vanilla way before they ever try a DDRace.

"In 6 years of playing, I have played most mods and enjoyed many of them. I like many mods, but I love Vanilla. Even if my personal tastes don't have to meaning anything to you, just give it another chance."

In 3 years of playing, I have played many mods and played Vanilla many times, I prefer mods to Vanilla.
Probably you dont because you've worked on Vanilla.
In fact, is that the real problem here?

Are you mad because we, the players, prefer to play gametypes that wore not made by you?
The game is still made by you, so what's the problem? I do whatever I what! Dont complain!
In fact, your point of view (just like mine) is irrelevant, you prefer CTF, play CTF!

"Vanilla Teeworlds is fun at any level"

You're right, really, DDRace is not prepared for new players.

"Vanilla Teeworlds offers so many possibilities!"
(Block part)
"This kind of precision, my friends, exists in Vanilla"

Wtf? Do you really think that the same level of precision and "strategy" is equal on Vanilla and Block (That is not a gametype, normally block servers use DDRace gametypes)

Block is so much fun
Ofc, you cant win, you can only lose.
But you can annoy every single player you want and enjoy doing it
You can create a team and act like a bully
You can traite your team for no reason xD!

You can create enemies, you can create friends,
You can camp or you can hook everyone in everyplace.

You can be respected or respect others.
You can be a leader or just a member of a team.

You can be popular, or just some random person. (:

You'll never find this type of gameplay on some random CTF duel, that's why Block is so special.

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

Are you mad because we, the players, prefer to play gametypes that wore not made by you?
The game is still made by you, so what's the problem? I do whatever I what! Dont complain!
In fact, your point of view (just like mine) is irrelevant, you prefer CTF, play CTF!

Complete nonsense, please refrain from saying such things. Magnet clearly stated why he wrote this topic.

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

Wtf? Do you really think that the same level of precision and "strategy" is equal on Vanilla and Block (That is not a gametype, normally block servers use DDRace gametypes)

Block is so much fun
Ofc, you cant win, you can only lose.
But you can annoy every single player you want and enjoy doing it
You can create a team and act like a bully
You can traite your team for no reason xD!

You can create enemies, you can create friends,
You can camp or you can hook everyone in everyplace.

You can be respected or respect others.
You can be a leader or just a member of a team.

You can be popular, or just some random person. (:

You'll never find this type of gameplay on some random CTF duel, that's why Block is so special.

Again, you didn't understand what Magnet wrote. He compared the needed precision in both gametypes, he did not say "look at how much better vanilla is" nor did he belittle block at all.

4 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2013-11-28 20:39:40)

Cmon HeroiAmarelo, this thread is no offense to ANY mod, it is a call to revive vanilla teeworlds.
There is NO need to explain why you prefer a mod over teeworlds. Just go away if you don't want to take part.

What's the point of opening a thread just to trash and do offtopic? What about moderating the real one? I don't get it hmm

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

I'm one of the guys is going to "criticize, troll, etc.".

1st of all, I see no point on this topic,
Every new player stats by playing Vanilla, not Mods, following that, every single player knows Vanilla way before they ever try a DDRace.

This is wrong, many newcomers are introduced in the game by friends who play some MODs and they have no idea about what Teeworlds "really is".

Need a tool to manage your servers? teeman
<3

floyd wrote:

What's the point of opening a thread just to trash and do offtopic? What about moderating the real one? I don't get it hmm

It's a dump, not a "welcome comments" thread. I don't have a valid reason to just close the discussion but the original threads merits to remain clean from those.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Slayer *gV* wrote:

Cmon HeroiAmarelo, this thread is no offense to ANY mod, it is a call to revive vanilla teeworlds.
There is NO need to explain why you prefer a mod over teeworlds. Just go away if you don't want to take part.

Do you really think that this topic is going to revive vanilla? ._.

In fact, what's the big dead about players prefer to play mods over vanilla?
I would like to know, really. What's the big deal?

- Günther Branlutte

I prefer vanilla.

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

I would like to know, really. What's the big deal?

Because we are developing a game, not a game platform.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Find a gametype with more depth and include it in Vanilla. CTF is relatively deep and so many players continue to play it, but DM and TDM are extremely shallow and so not many play them. Gametypes like Domination, War, Build, Nodes, Infection, Battle, all have a lot to offer and so people return to them. Unfortunately this really does go against the devs' KISS formula. But this is why you need to offer more gametypes ranging from simple to complex. New players like DM, old players like the more complex mods.

I honestly don't think it's possible to ask long time players to go back to simple gametypes.

Whatever.

- Günther Branlutte