Topic: About Teeworlds

Hi, Tees!
You know, I love Teeworlds. A few years ago. When I became Teewarrior, it was strong game, with a lot of servers, the user maps and a great number of players. It was cheerful. It was possible to wander about servers, to play, communicate with players from different places, to look at creativity of mapdesigners. However now situation very sad. Players leave, for various reasons. New players appears too little. Servers are thrown. It isn't enough players. The impression that by Teeworlds the end. Question Why? Game after all remained former. In what reason of small interest to it? Your opinions?

Re: About Teeworlds

The player base really has not changed imo, it's just that the ratio of players playing mods is a lot higher.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

The player base really has not changed imo, it's just that the ratio of players playing mods is a lot higher.

Any chance that mouse is less common and the community is aging?

lolnameless wrote:

mouse is less common

What?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
lolnameless wrote:

mouse is less common

What?

Is mouse common??

If you are talking about http://www.haiku-os.org/docs/userguide/images/prefs-images/mouse-icon_64.png, then yes, everyone with a computer or so got one.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Teewarrior wrote:

Hi, Tees!
You know, I love Teeworlds. A few years ago. When I became Teewarrior, it was strong game, with a lot of servers, the user maps and a great number of players. It was cheerful. It was possible to wander about servers, to play, communicate with players from different places, to look at creativity of mapdesigners. However now situation very sad. Players leave, for various reasons. New players appears too little. Servers are thrown. It isn't enough players. The impression that by Teeworlds the end. Question Why? Game after all remained former. In what reason of small interest to it? Your opinions?

I share your concern & experience. We will eventually try to reinvigorate the so-called 'vanilla' community but that's a long haul project. I guess the game isn't new anymore and many players have moved on, but it's true we used to have many new and beautiful maps, and many more players on standard gametypes at anytime of the day or night.

Game has unique the gameplay. And in action it can be compared to Quake. Probably it need added more standard game types and to make more atmospheric standard maps. It can refresh game

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. The ddrace community is prospering and we're having a lot of fun there. We are a strong community and consider ourselves to be the new "vanilla". I think this is what the original devs wanted this game to be all along: a place where you can explore community made maps and solve obstacles together. As of today, we are the only ones discovering the limits of the game physics with harder maps over and over again, while the self proclaimed "old school vanilla players" are afraid to leave the only 2 maps they can play. It's no wonder 95% of new players choose the promising DDrace way instead of dwelling with the degenerated remnants of what once was a snobby ctf community.

Also, due to popular demand, it's just a matter of time until DDrace will be a legit official game mode, and this community will be united at last.

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

By the way interesting supervision. Shooter gradually turns into an arcade. More and more people changes battle in race. Feeling as if Mortal Kombat became Mario. Imho pleasure in battle. Otherwise game has to be called as Raceworlds

Teamfighting games are currently very popular (like LoL and DotA).
But teeworlds is obviously (or actually not obv.) missing some important things, otherwise it would be as popular too.

Just find them and rock on.

Teamfighting?
Don't compare real-time strategy games to a platformers. This game has nothing to do with dota/league.
Teeworlds is more like mix of Worms and SpeedRunners, except taht there is nothing epic going on.

The biggest strength for this game is it's physics - mastering the hook and rocket jump, but rocket jump is quite irrelevant in Vanilla. So from other successful platformers it lacks in both game mechanics and graphics. But as  developers have stated the nature of this game will remain simple. Simplicity in this game is what I find beatuifull, but many other does not.

Also Vanilla punishes new players. When a new player acquires shooter game he want's to discover everything that game has to offer him so he can use these tools and become skilled. In this path of becoming good at a game he want's to have FUN and learn new things, but because there is nothing new to discover in teeworlds (excuse me, I mean Vanilla) and the only player in enemy team that knows this game for 3-5 years dominates over your team like nothing and leaves you with one tough:
1. F*ck this guy, probably uses aimbot or what not, this game is not fun and waste of my time.
OR
2. OMG, this guy is so damn good, I want to be like him.
And you know why there are so few that has this second tough  I mentioned? Because there are zero achievements to look back to.  Only this grind of getting killed over and over again, that you can escape only with forcing yourself to stay longer so you can aim better and move faster.

You have to be really appealed to this game from day one if you wan't to get better in vanilla as a newbie these days.

letins wrote:

Teamfighting?
Don't compare real-time strategy games to a platformers. This game has nothing to do with dota/league.
Teeworlds is more like mix of Worms and SpeedRunners, except taht there is nothing epic going on.

The biggest strength for this game is it's physics - mastering the hook and rocket jump, but rocket jump is quite irrelevant in Vanilla. So from other successful platformers it lacks in both game mechanics and graphics. But as  developers have stated the nature of this game will remain simple. Simplicity in this game is what I find beatuifull, but many other does not.

Also Vanilla punishes new players. When a new player acquires shooter game he want's to discover everything that game has to offer him so he can use these tools and become skilled. In this path of becoming good at a game he want's to have FUN and learn new things, but because there is nothing new to discover in teeworlds (excuse me, I mean Vanilla) and the only player in enemy team that knows this game for 3-5 years dominates over your team like nothing and leaves you with one tough:
1. F*ck this guy, probably uses aimbot or what not, this game is not fun and waste of my time.
OR
2. OMG, this guy is so damn good, I want to be like him.
And you know why there are so few that has this second tough  I mentioned? Because there are zero achievements to look back to.  Only this grind of getting killed over and over again, that you can escape only with forcing yourself to stay longer so you can aim better and move faster.

You have to be really appealed to this game from day one if you wan't to get better in vanilla as a newbie these days.

SAY WHAT? It is not appealing because it is a fair game?
If you want to discover the game, discover the limit of your mouse and mind. Also, the DDRace comment above is untrue, standard gametype is fair, skill always matter in deathmatch. Random errors never play a significant role in game.

The difference as I see it, is small thing like ping and mouse. I can't even hope for getting better if I change my mouse setting, new player has to discover these tricks. Also, I just said random errors never play a role in DM, I lied. If you have avg. 200 ping like me, then you can't win a rational player with ~40 ping with any active strategy, it is impossible, if s/he hooks you, you are highly likely to lose the first few shots, this is the random error. A good rational player can exploit such weakness and you are in great disadvantage. <- New player has to be lucky to find a challenging and fair game.

On DDrace it's different, complexity isn't a thing, you can get around the "procedure" by practice, the frozen tee is quite stable. I've seen player with 300+ ping play DDRace like nothing, s/he can hammer and swing accurately, you just have to adapt the delay. (With that being said, I don't know how s/he adapts it, I can't and don't have the time to do that.)

Therefore, I don't believe that the game has problems, it is just the small things are getting in the way, but it gets the new player away.

Agree to lolnameless.

My in-game nick: Gumby

15 (edited by heinrich5991 2013-11-18 20:36:58)

lolnameless wrote:

SAY WHAT? It is not appealing because it is a fair game?
If you want to discover the game, discover the limit of your mouse and mind. Also, the DDRace comment above is untrue, standard gametype is fair, skill always matter in deathmatch. Random errors never play a significant role in game.

Where did someone say something different? I don't like it if a rant starts with complaining about something I can't see in the previous comment.

EDIT:
Btw, I think that skill is just getting the right procedures into your head, no matter what the game is about.

heinrich5991 wrote:

EDIT:
Btw, I think that skill is just getting the right procedures into your head, no matter what the game is about.

That's technique. Skill is being able to use those procedures.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Yes it is exact. Nobody wants to be a killed. But it is a war game. For comfort there is Sims. Who doesn't want to battle, can escape in Race or City. What it is possible to add in Teeworlds as war game? Balanced gameplay. Let's look at Mods. It is a lot of Mods adding new elements of a gameplay in game. There are things keeping balance but as there are a lot of super guns and laser walls calling for a camping. The camping is drug for Noobs, and a thing which kills any gameplay. Still there is a wish to see moving Death tiles and collision tiles, it would make possible creation of traps and moving platforms. To the word it would be remarkable if the speed of loading of heavy Maps from the server becomes quicker. I understand my offers are suitable for the subject Ideas for the next version more. But I doubt that authors will want to realize them. So though here I will dream)

Oh, we want to realize some ideas, but no one is working on TW full-time, and we have other priorities before changing gameplay since it's already pretty good.

I Wrote 2 hours and my iPod bugged and all the Text is away -.-

#yemDX is a known troll!
but onbgy is the biggest troll
and deen always trolls, he just makes it so perfect that u think hes not