Topic: [Guide] 1v1 FNG vs. aim bot

Hi all,

Disclaimer
I have not tried any aim bots before, so I may be wrong in some aspects.
I'm not a good enough of a player to write a guide, so please do let me know what you think should be added on to this guide.

Why I'm writing this
It seemed like it's going to take the devs a long time to come up with a solution against bots. In-game, sometimes voting does not always kick the bots; they can be moved to specs to join right back in if banning is disabled for the server or be banned for few minutes to come back in or the voting might fail all together. So, I thought why not try to beat them?

Luckily, I noticed that aim bots sometimes miss and sometimes act differently. I explored on their behaviors by watching replays. I thought I had a pretty decent idea on how to counter against them.

Samples

I played against three different players with aim bots one-on-one in FNG gametype. The aim bot players had varying pings. I (pretty much) won all three.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxMA8g5Khmw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8ynDvS6m4E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J36CjMUdDUc

Patterns of behavior
Mode 1 -- spam: The aim bot constantly spams the laser shots, therefore shoots every 0.5 seconds (or whatever the actual number is) even when the target is not exposed.
Mode 2 -- semi-automatic: The aim bot only fires when the player clicks. This means that it will depend on human reflexes.
Mode 3 -- the problem: The aim bot automatically aims and fires as soon as a target is exposed.

What to avoid
Avoid either approaching or moving towards the opponent except against mode 2 while out of range.
Avoid playing defensively against a low ping player with an aim bot.
Avoid hiding behind a step that's taller than the Tee.

What seems effective
Move in tangent angles to the opponent's aim, keeping the distance between you and the opponent.
Use bounce shots.
High velocity movement against high ping player with an aim bot.
Against mode 1, time your counter-attack right after the aim bot shoots.
Against mode 2, you can approach your opponent, but only at a high enough of a speed to surprise them.
Against mode 3, the safest choice would be to bounce shoot while hiding.

I'm missing a lot of information compared to the mental notes I took, which I may have forgotten. I will probably edit this further. Thanks for reading.

Cheers

2 (edited by Broken 2013-10-08 05:22:39)

Re: [Guide] 1v1 FNG vs. aim bot

A search for bot, detect, aimbot, cheats, etc., produces many discussions explaining both how to detect and why they can't be stopped. Simply don't play with them or if it's Inspire, we can ban them.

I will say I've studied bots and been botted against. The worst is suspecting long time players as they are usually already quite good and I've made mistakes and accused people... but we can never know for sure and it can be very subtle with triggerkey and proximity botting.

There are plenty of different behaviors for different bots, it's really hard to identify them all.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

The **** client, 7/10 of blockers are using it for *****.

Snipped, don't advertise illegal clients/features. // Dune

My in-game nick: Gumby