Topic: I can translate Korean Japanese

I'm not sure what the progress is on Asian language support, but there seems to be fair amount of Japanese players.

If there are new texts that needs to be converted to different localization (whether it be 0.6.2 or 0.7), please let me know and I can translate the stuff. Otherwise, give me the signal to translate and send me English text file similar to the ones in \data\languages. Thanks.

Re: I can translate Korean Japanese

These are the current translations:
https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds-translation
If you think that you can contribute in any way, just make yourself a Github account. smile  Always nice to see people that are eager to help with development.

Wait, Korean and Japanese are already translated! I see some potential flaws, but why aren't they provided in the game?

They might be too new for the current release. I don't see a reason why the wouldn't work (except maybe because of the font not having the required characters) as neither of the languages is right-to-left (which does not work). Maybe try putting the language files in the data/languages directory and edit the index.json accordingly and try it.

I just tried with the git version and chinese, japanese and korean show up in the language list but the characters just render as blocks; so it's the font (data/fonts) lacking the required characters. Replacing it with another font might work.

5 (edited by KChris 2017-08-13 00:09:42)

-deleted-

Lazy dev