Re: [DOWN] [MAP PACK] Teeworlds Mapbase ( Map Collection )

traitor wrote:

Yeah have noticed that default maps are really bad... in someones opinion.

If you think the whole system is stable and secure I would suggest to spread the news on clan boards and forums around the globe to find participating people smile

After adding the withelist and some bugfixes we are ready for spreading it wink But this can take some days wink

i saw last days a G@mer on zcatch servers...he was a botter hmm
YOU ARE BOTTER FUU big_smile

Vanilla FTW!
My Videos

General maps have made by Chi11y, not by Magnus

54 (edited by traitor 2012-10-06 22:04:53)

Yet I am not sure, how you want to use the blacklist reasonable - but I am sure that you will find a good solution smile

Kintaro* wrote:

I think you are mostly flooding this forum, Kintaro
please provide something useful to this topic!

traitor wrote:

Yet I am not sure, how you want to use the blacklist reasonable - but I am sure that you will find a good solution smile

Kintaro* wrote:

I think you are mostly flooding this forum, Kintaro
please provide something useful to this topic!

I think I'll change the blacklist a little bit. Maps will be added to the blacklist after 3 blacklist votes.

Also there will be a whitelist. This list will feature checked maps which are ok and there is no reason for putting them on the blacklist. ( e.g. ctf1,ctf2 ... )
Also the version feature and some other things will be implemented wink

I can't tell you when I'm done with this update and how much time I need for doing all this stuff so stay tuned wink

BTW: Like you know everyone can give his player every possible name wink so there could be more than one "G@mer" wink

56 (edited by traitor 2012-10-08 15:19:23)

Another tiny suggestion, might be easy to implement - I hope:
for better navigation you could make the gametype clickable in single map view, so that you can find other for the same gametype

UPDATE 11.10.2012
- [feature] some design changes
- [feature] added some great new stuff to the map view ( e.g. mapformat Version !, and a bar which displays the percentage of gras/desert/jungle or winter main tiles )
- [feature] Gametype now clickable while viewing a map
- [feature] screenshots will be generated when someone visits the page of the map. The page must be reloaded and the screenshot is saved then. If there is still no screenshot then there is an error while generatign it.
-[feature] screenshot preview is now limited to 400pixels in width.

And now I have something special for you wink:
A big thanks goes to Kottizen ! He uploaded his "MAP Pack" width about > 7000 Maps !

Also there will be a Credits page later on wink

For now those maps will be cleaned ( that means double maps will be removed etc. so ther ecan still be dublicates for now. It'll take some time!)

But Enjoy it !

A lot of work awaits the support staff to clean up the duplicates, perhaps you should employ some people smile
I hope I am not the only one cherrishing your great efforts!

Although your server is pretty fast for me (took only 32seconds to generate ?page=maps&l=all) you might think about pagination, splitting results on several pages every xxx maps.
So let me tell you about several 0 byte files - take a look at those map for example. Maybe the upload went wrong? Some are your own uploads I guess, because of the date "01.Jan.70, 01:00".
Could you explain the new introduced mapformat? The maps I have checked indicate number 4, what does it mean?

Regarding the <<a bar which displays the percentage of gras/desert/jungle or winter main tiles>> I have to think about it and maybe need to generate some more preview images to understand smile

Last review for now: in single map view I see CRC32 information, but additionally I would like to compare filesizes - could find this on gametype view only. Perhaps you consider this is as insignificant?

Thank you for all the time you spend programming this site.

// sticky //
because it makes much more sense to search a map there first.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

It appears that the site is down. Perhaps this is just at the moment, but just thought I'd let you know.

61 (edited by 2013-08-28 19:24:43)

firecracker wrote:

It appears that the site is down. Perhaps this is just at the moment, but just thought I'd let you know.

Yeah, it was also down when I checked a few weeks ago.
Unstickied // heinrich5991

Added [DOWN] to the topic title

Could someone PLEASE give me all those maps, I'll store them on my pendrive and will keep them safe. Just please, PLEASE get all those maps to me, I want them so much : (

Don't be upset, something new is planned it is not yet decided but stay tuned (link to a new thread).

bazz i have the entire collection from about 6 months ago (i dont think too much was added since then.)

send me a pm

Hey guys,

I'll just give u some information about the downtime.

The page as it was used a huge amount of CPU by searching throught all those 7000 maps etc, also there are nearly daily DDoS attack on my server, so i decided to switch to a much more powerful server. After heinrich opened the thread with his mapbase I'll contribute all the maps of this mapbase and hopefully we could build a mapbase together.

if not i'll bring this mapbase back by October 2013.

Greetings,
G@mer