26 (edited by G@mer 2012-09-27 09:34:27)

Re: [DOWN] [MAP PACK] Teeworlds Mapbase ( Map Collection )

TeecTac wrote:

There is a display bug under firefox 12.0, the whole site is shifted to the right and page needs to be scrolled.
It can be fixed by removing style="width: 840px;" from the root div.
Also gametype filter don't seem to work yet.

Nice work btw smile

Fixed wink

Yes they are not working now. But I think I'll fix this today wink

And thanks smile

27 (edited by Zodiac 2012-09-27 19:11:12)

G@mer wrote:
AvidTeeworlder wrote:

Still many duplicates. Try make it none case sensitive. I would even go as far as making it none punctuation sensitive. Otherwise it is turning into a really great map database for Teeworlds.

Just would like to re-iterate why don't you just order the maps alphabetically within each letter, really bugging me xD. Just add ORDER BY to the statement.

There are no duplicates. Every map uploaded is different in name and content. If the differences are just small there are some.

No wink . I read the map folder and doesn't use MySQL for showing the maps wink. It's not difficult to sort them alphabetically but it may cause some more loadtime wink I'll do it in the next update

There are still duplicates. I call it the Aip-Gores phenomenon as there just so many Aip-Gores out there.
http://mapbase.tee-stats.de/?page=maps& … 20Asus-pc)
http://mapbase.tee-stats.de/?page=maps&map=AiPGores
http://mapbase.tee-stats.de/?page=maps& … =AIP_Gores
http://mapbase.tee-stats.de/?page=maps& … =AiP-Gores
http://mapbase.tee-stats.de/?page=maps&map=AipGores
http://mapbase.tee-stats.de/?page=maps& … =Aip-Gores
http://mapbase.tee-stats.de/?page=maps& … 6_1b953c56
http://mapbase.tee-stats.de/?page=maps& … P-GoresNEW

As you can see they differ in their capitalization, or their punctuation. I know the last two are a lot harder to weed out, but there are ways.

28 (edited by G@mer 2012-09-28 13:20:23)

I know that they are different in their capitalization but they also differ in their content. Because I generate a md5 hash of each file and look if there is another map with exactly the same hash. If not the map will be saved, there it doesn't matter which name the maps has.

So I have to clean the case "AIP-GORES" by myself ^^.

But now there is something great for you:

update 28.09, 03:00

- [feature] New design which will bring a better overview wink
- [feature] Added Gametypes and Ratings to the Live Updater
- [feature] Sorted the results aplhabetically ! wink
- [feature] Gametype Filter is now working
- [feature] Correct Page is now working, you can correct the maps on your own and help to make this database much better smile
- [bugfix] Upload time

And tomorrow there will be something great wink Enjoy this update!

# I think the correct feature will be removed and modified. I think in future you must register and accepted to change because today I deleted stuff like:

Creator: Michael Jackson, Jet L ... and changed gametypes from DDRAAAAre, Mad etc back

I thank everyone who is willing to help and who helped already smile

THIS IS V GOOD I TRY TO UPLODE MY MAP AND HE SAY TO ME ITS existed already big_smile i wasnt know this

30 (edited by traitor 2012-09-28 13:03:28)

Stunning, impressive, I am speechless - looking for more adjectives to describe your progress.

So now you need some interested people sorting out the maps, editing the gametypes and such. Filling the gaps smile
However I can confirm xammarx' problem:
You told us the server checks file hash? I take a look at map lost (ctf) for example, there are a few version - I upload another one with different file size and tilesets, but produces an error message "already existing".
For the sake of perfect maps (for the current teeworlds version at least) we need to "update" maps in your database with reworked ones and optimized version. A higher rating (thumbs ups sytem) should filter those over time.

edit:
Okay thinking about another system for changes might benecessary, but additionally you can add a support site with information about gametypes (for example some kind of "official / accepted" naming policy) and some general information.
For exmaple I filed maps made for instagib CTF under CTF, but however I can not be sure about the correct use of weapons and hearts for default teeworlds mode...

31 (edited by G@mer 2012-09-28 13:09:47)

traitor wrote:

Stunning, impressive, I am speechless - looking for more adjectives to describe your progress.

So now you need some interested people sorting out the maps, editing the gametypes and such. Filling the gaps smile
However I can confirm xammarx' problem:
You told us the server checks file hash? I take a look at map lost (ctf) for example, there are a few version - I upload another one with different file size and tilesets, but produces an error message "already existing".
For the sake of perfect maps (for the current teeworlds version at least) we need to "update" maps in your database with reworked ones and optimized version. A higher rating (thumbs ups sytem) should filter those over time.

edit:
Okay thinking about another system for changes might benecessary, but additionally you can add a support site with information about gametypes (for example some kind of "official / accepted" naming policy) and some general information.
For exmaple I filed maps made for instagib CTF under CTF, but however I can not be sure about the correct use of weapons and hearts for default teeworlds mode...

Thanks smile

So than the next update will feature the following:

- Top x rated maps shown on page
- possibility to replace maps !

I think about a system giving a map one main gametype it's made for ( e.g. CTF ) and then a possibility to add compatible gametypes like ( iCTF ) wink

G@mer wrote:

I know that they are different in their capitalization but they also differ in their content. Because I generate a md5 hash of each file and look if there is another map with exactly the same hash. If not the map will be saved, there it doesn't matter which name the maps has.

So I have to clean the case "AIP-GORES" by myself ^^.

But now there is something great for you:

update 28.09, 03:00

- [feature] New design which will bring a better overview wink
- [feature] Added Gametypes and Ratings to the Live Updater
- [feature] Sorted the results aplhabetically ! wink
- [feature] Gametype Filter is now working
- [feature] Correct Page is now working, you can correct the maps on your own and help to make this database much better smile
- [bugfix] Upload time

And tomorrow there will be something great wink Enjoy this update!

# I think the correct feature will be removed and modified. I think in future you must register and accepted to change because today I deleted stuff like:

Creator: Michael Jackson, Jet L ... and changed gametypes from DDRAAAAre, Mad etc back

I thank everyone who is willing to help and who helped already smile

Woohoo, alphabetical sorting!

33 (edited by traitor 2012-09-28 14:22:44)

Before I repeat my pleasure all the time, some usefull ideas:

You have two different column, while searching and browsing. The search lacks the column headers, size screenshot and such.
And I think you could delete "Sizeformat" maybe just write "Size [KB]" in other column.
What about adding others: like number of votes and gametype? Presenting all the mass of information at first view while browsing letter xyz.

One last thing:
I am not sure, but lots of screenshots do not show up, I mean those with check mark. Do you think you can add the feature to show a screenshot while you hover over with the cursor (maybe a small version for big ones)?

Next suggestions smile
To prevent unwated spam you could limit the number of symbols in your form fields, for example 20 characters for creator and longest modification name for gametype field.
And at last (for now) if you want to add more gametype information to one map you might think about it: one map could be listed in several possible gametypes and floods the lists... better leave it at one I would say.

What happened to the website?

You see it is a community project and some parts of the community destroy it immediately...
Hope you will keep it up somehow!

Hey, no one tried to inject SQL code yet  ^^

Developper of teeworlds-stats.info

TeecTac wrote:

Thought that might have been the case

AvidTeeworlder wrote:

What happened to the website?

->

traitor wrote:

You see it is a community project and some parts of the community destroy it immediately...
Hope you will keep it up somehow!

traitor wrote:

Before I repeat my pleasure all the time, some usefull ideas:

You have two different column, while searching and browsing. The search lacks the column headers, size screenshot and such.
And I think you could delete "Sizeformat" maybe just write "Size [KB]" in other column.
What about adding others: like number of votes and gametype? Presenting all the mass of information at first view while browsing letter xyz.

One last thing:
I am not sure, but lots of screenshots do not show up, I mean those with check mark. Do you think you can add the feature to show a screenshot while you hover over with the cursor (maybe a small version for big ones)?

Next suggestions smile
To prevent unwated spam you could limit the number of symbols in your form fields, for example 20 characters for creator and longest modification name for gametype field.
And at last (for now) if you want to add more gametype information to one map you might think about it: one map could be listed in several possible gametypes and floods the lists... better leave it at one I would say.

So first: I'll keep it up.

Easy Solution:

-> maxsize of creators name
-> field with prewritten Gametypes to choose from
-> just show the list of prewritten gametypes as filters

So next point:

Yes I'll change the overview wink so there will be Num,Edit,Screen,Map(limited to 25 chars),Gametype,votes,Filesize
also I'll think over your idea with this hover screenshot wink

To the point with the gametype I have to say that the map will be listed just in their main gametype and not in the other possible gametypes. They will be just displayed on the map page.

Update ( 29.09.2012 01:28 ) wink
- [feature] added rating and gametype right in maplist
- [bugfix]  maps now choosen from select
- [bugfix] Gametype filters now taken from list

Glad you got everything sorted!

40 (edited by G@mer 2012-09-30 20:22:56)

TeecTac wrote:

In this case you are wrong wink

update ( 30.09 20:22 )

- [feature] Top 5 Rated Maps
- [feature] Newest maps
- [feature] Better map info view

41 (edited by unsigned char* 2012-09-30 22:30:06)

Possible XSS attack on page=correct with "map=" param.....

FireFox:
http://mapbase.tee-stats.de/?page=corre … Fscript%3E

Thank you, I'll fix it tomorrow wink

NoScript filtered a potential XSS attempt from https://www.teeworlds.com/. smile

44 (edited by 2012-10-03 12:14:10)

Fixed now wink

Update ( 03.10.12 , 12:20 ) wink
- [feature] Screenshot preview

* You will get a preview of each screenshot available while hovering the mapname links on maplist, search and home page. Try it smile

i still can not see all screenshots =/. Just as example: zomb warhouse is visible, while beach house is not.
photo hosting service says 'image contains errors', whatever that means.

As many other things on planet, this one can be solved with Vi.

46 (edited by traitor 2012-10-03 13:35:57)

This thread needs more attention for more users to dig through your database to filter the maps
(sort into categories and vote)!

The new hover feature is great, though it's not working on every map with screenshot (some are missing even when the screenshot column says it has one). Could you resize the screenshots for preview? I guess some notebooks have smaller screens and see only a small part of the preview (depends on map size of course). Another problem I ran into: the image on the lower end of the screen is below the field of view.

So I guess you need to create a lot of screenshots in the future
but meanwhile we need more people from different gametypes to sort the maps!
I do not dare to touch a map I don't really know and see no screenshot.

D86leader wrote:

i still can not see all screenshots =/. Just as example: zomb warhouse is visible, while beach house is not

Same for me although without any error message.

47 (edited by G@mer 2012-10-03 17:16:29)

traitor wrote:

This thread needs more attention for more users to dig through your database to filter the maps
(sort into categories and vote)!

The new hover feature is great, though it's not working on every map with screenshot (some are missing even when the screenshot column says it has one). Could you resize the screenshots for preview? I guess some notebooks have smaller screens and see only a small part of the preview (depends on map size of course). Another problem I ran into: the image on the lower end of the screen is below the field of view.

So I guess you need to create a lot of screenshots in the future
but meanwhile we need more people from different gametypes to sort the maps!
I do not dare to touch a map I don't really know and see no screenshot.

I'm absolutely agreeing with you, because:

- not everyone knows the gametype/creator of every map in the database

so we really need everyone willing to help !

The screenshot ends at the right end of the screen. So if someone has a smaller screen he'll see the screenshot smaller wink

D86leader wrote:

i still can not see all screenshots =/. Just as example: zomb warhouse is visible, while beach house is not.
photo hosting service says 'image contains errors', whatever that means.

This is caused by the tw-maps-gen. it's not working for every map. I look forward to fix this bug if I find time for.

Also I have something new for you.

Update ( 03.10.12, 14:15 )
-- Introducing the blacklist --

You can now add maps which are old, buggy or twice listed in the database to the blacklist. I'll check the blacklist and  then I'll delete the maps.
With this we can clean the database much better and it's much easier for me to delete buggy or multiple maps.

More infos here: http://mapbase.tee-stats.de/?page=correct

To remove a map from the blacklist just press the red button and it will be removed

Edit: I added a button in the main menu, there youn can see the blacklisted maps

Please just put those maps on the blacklist which are duplicates or totally buggy. Not the community created maps which are fine !

So I guess it is time to add a new field for teeworlds version otherwise all old maps must be sorted out, because of incompatibilty of tilesets...
Unfortunately the resize mechanism is not working for me, currently I have a resolution of 1366*768 and most maps are way too large to the right side and the bottom.
Anyway I think it is a nice bonus feature smile

49 (edited by G@mer 2012-10-05 17:24:13)

traitor wrote:

So I guess it is time to add a new field for teeworlds version otherwise all old maps must be sorted out, because of incompatibilty of tilesets...
Unfortunately the resize mechanism is not working for me, currently I have a resolution of 1366*768 and most maps are way too large to the right side and the bottom.
Anyway I think it is a nice bonus feature smile

This moment the screenshots will be regenerated with the 0.5 mapres so everaything will look fine I hope.
The "version" feature will be implemented in the next updates and also the resize thing will be fixed wink

I'm currently working on something like a whitelist because someone things its funny to add ctf1 ... dm 9 to the blacklist.

EDIT: I stopped generating with 0.5 tiles an will regenerate all with 0.6 because the 0.6 maps aren't looking fine then.
I'll regenreate all screenshots when I'd implemented the version feature so every map will get the right tiles to generate the screenshot wink

Yeah have noticed that default maps are really bad... in someones opinion.

If you think the whole system is stable and secure I would suggest to spread the news on clan boards and forums around the globe to find participating people smile