Topic: United Clans of Vanilla (UCV)

Instead of having tons of clanpages out there, it would really help the vanilla scene if we had one official vanilla clanpage. a page where you can log into your specific clan, look how the other clans are doing, or just being social with other clans members on a public forum. People keep saying vanilla-scene died after all the, sry, fucking mods came!

well, i think this project would really help getting vanilla players motivated too get better in vanilla.
If we had one page we could collect all vanilla results, i think it would increase the winning instinct, and i think posting the results would be easier.

i have alot of ideas for this page. All i need is someone who belives in this project and is willing to help me design it!
i have the brain, unfortunatly i suck at coding and designing!

BUT, if you think this page wouldent help at all, theres no reason for you too comment on this post:)

ty

Re: United Clans of Vanilla (UCV)

Maybe you can ask the guys at http://teesites.net/ to help you.

Who is running it?

chi1, if I'm not mistaken.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

ty Dunie

Feel very addicted to this idea, sadly i can't help you with this purpose sad
Hope it will be done, it could boost enormously the vanilla scene!

I thought once of an (un)official website that will list and give links to homepages of all clans as well as have news and announcments. But this is even better. [+1]

Once in a century...

thanks for supporting the idea.
Lets just hope someone got the resources we need:D

It's not only about building a site, it's more about advertising it, making it work, and maintaining it.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dont worry about the advertising part! I know most of the players in the european vanilla core. and i think thats a very good start!
i know clans like P.I, POLICE, EVIL, Vanguard, -marines-, Lucky, Doz, -est-, OtH, and many more would be more then interrested! and you are american right? well, its a good start

its the "making it work" and "maintaining it" am seeking help for!

hmm nice idea but i think it will dont help the vanilla scene hmm

Vanilla FTW!
My Videos

then why would you say its a nice idea?

it benefits especially new players seeking a clan that fits them!
enter one page, and you have all the clans in front of you! you could read about all the clans, where their members are from, how old the players are. you cold see statistics for each clan. finding the clan that plays the maps you enjoy the most!

and for old players. we just need something new too motivate us, and try to rais vanilla again!

Shit wrote:

vanilla-scene died after all the, sry, fucking mods came!

People play the best gametypes they find, if DDRace is better then CTF, people play DDRace. Long life to mods!
I'm sure that without mod, Teeworlds would be a empty game, no players, no servers.

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

14 (edited by Dune 2012-07-30 11:36:37)

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

People play the best gametypes they find, if DDRace is better then CTF, people play DDRace. Long life to mods!

Or the casual, newb-friendly ones. CTF is still the most competitive gametype.

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

I'm sure that without mod, Teeworlds would be a empty game, no players, no servers.

*Ahum* give a look at the sever repartition from 0.4. Not saying mods are a bad thing for Teeworlds, but huh, they're certainly not the reason why there are some people on vanilla.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

True:without modifications teeworlds would suffer a great lack of players. I just don't like it how most people play those noob mods (DDWar;xpwPanic;Buy|I|L City etc...)

However they are intoxicating the vanilla. But let's just forget about mods for a sec. This is after all a plan to bring back the glory to vanilla.

P.S. Maybe if you made Instagib an official gametype then vanilla would have more players. (With that knowledge make all the mods official gametypes and suddenly everybody is playing vanilla xD (joke)) But I was serious about making instagib an official gametype.

Once in a century...

16 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2012-07-30 16:30:36)

DARK HUNTER wrote:

True:without modifications teeworlds would suffer a great lack of players. I just don't like it how most people play those noob mods (DDWar)

Informe yourself! DDWar is the most powerfull mod that exists on Teeworlds.
DDwar supports:
Vanilla + DDRace at the same time
Acc system
Ninja as powerup wen frozen
Skin Paint
EDIT:
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4803/heroigameplay.png

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Shit wrote:

i have alot of ideas for this page. All i need is someone who belives in this project and is willing to help me design it!
i have the brain, unfortunatly i suck at coding and designing!

No arms no chocolate.
You should buckle up and learn coding.

Most popular mods seem to be +DDRace and openfng (according to http://www.teeworlds-stats.info/index.p … less+tee).
These mods are pretty different from vanilla and vanilla represents ~ two thirds of the teeworlds audience.

My guess is they never will be part of vanilla.
In my opinion, the future of the game resides in accounts, teams, statistics, online events and such.

Developper of teeworlds-stats.info

TeecTac wrote:

These mods are pretty different from vanilla and vanilla represents ~ two thirds of the teeworlds audience.

Where did you get these stats from?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I looked at the pie chart of the mods for the nameless tee player.

20 (edited by Alucard 2012-07-30 17:00:27)

Shit, i had that idea a year ago and we are already working on that idea since 2012. i have already a team and everything done, it just needs to be coded which is also in the finishing stage. i can bind you in if you are interested in supporting vanilla and the clans

this is the design made by me for the project.
it should go online @ 1.9. when the summer is at it´s end wink

TeecTac wrote:

I looked at the pie chart of the mods for the nameless tee player.

Stats of nameless tee
It doesn't look reliable. I would really appreciate it if you could add an overall stats tab to your site. I mean a pie chart of how many hours each mod has been played. Or how many unique players played each mod.

But... what if we tried more power?

I probably won't develop global stats anytime soon.
However, here are some more precise info :

Over the last 4 days, teeworlds was played for ~ 48000 minutes, that's about 5 years.
Of these 5 years, ~ 15% were played on vanilla (CTF+DM+TDM) and ~ 45% on races (XXLDDRace, +DDRace, iDDRace, etc...). The rest is spend on a mix of mods such as openfng, infection, buy|city...

Note that there is still some biais since dummies are counted (the « Zombie » clan is the most playing clan), data is fetched every 5min, and there is probably some other biais i am not aware of.

23 (edited by 2012-07-30 20:00:26)

soo?
How many percent drives a rolls royce?
does that mean Toyota is a better car?

I dont really care if 66% plays ddrace. Its obvious new players starts playing newb-friendly mods instead of vanilla.
vanilla demands more, and it takes more too become good! (thats why vanilla players plays all mods, but ddblock players dont play vanilla)

Keep in mind that i created this thread too help vanilla, not too discuss your stats on nameless tees, and how many minuits new players were zombies!

becouse i really dont care. i wanna get back to topic!

Alucard, that looks awesome:-)
am really looking forward too it big_smile

24 (edited by Dune 2012-07-30 20:40:32)

mASOUD wrote:

It doesn't look reliable. I would really appreciate it if you could add an overall stats tab to your site. I mean a pie chart of how many hours each mod has been played. Or how many unique players played each mod.

I had gathered some stats. They might be a bit outdated (august 2011), but they give a general idea: various statistics.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

@Shit
if you are interested in supporting the cause, contact me over the evil forum over PM and we will manage to find something for you to work on wink