26 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:16:44)

Re: [POLL] Dynamic Camera

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

Why do you want to force changes?

We gave you some real arguments while you didnt.
Sry, but "pros have it mostly turned off, so noobs should too" isn't valid.
I doubt any player left this game coz of dyn cam turned on by default...

What is your problem with making 1 click to turn it off?

And, tbh, we should stop the discussion here. You just want to have it turned off coz you want, without any real reason.

PS:

TeePhoenix wrote:

The reason why they turn it off doesnt matter.

The reason why they turned it off DOES matter, what else should -.-

28 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:16:39)

Deleted.

- i read every post in this thread
- i'm not selfish. thx

- i've turned dyn cam off, either.
- you don't have a valid argument, yours is an assumption. you didn't explain why it is confusing or difficult to handle or why it is a problem for newbies
- if its unimportant to see things happen, maybe we should disable the screen in general?
- i couldn't find any post from a "newbie" in this thread. but when we are talking about it, i'm not interested in attitudes of mid/highlvl-players

- and, even if it wasn't your intention, i felt kinda offended by your post. you might fix this, or i'll stop here.

30 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:16:33)

Deleted.

Spinning is senseless. Dyncam is superior, especially when using teh pew pew laser.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Dynamic Camera = Quake Camera :\

Both sides have arguments that I see thusly:

Benefits-
Extended vision
Long-term benefit from starting early

Detriments-
Simpler to have it off, undeniably
Dizziness, shaking screen

I think showing the reasons this way shows clearly that extended vision and long term benefit are something a more serious player is interested in, whereas having something simpler and not having any shaking anomalies are something a new player would like to have. An option like this, I think, should have to be turned on rather than off, so that the extra effort goes to the more interested player. There will always be exceptions and never will everyone be happy.

My own experience is, that I didn't quite understand how it worked and it was very distracting. This from someone who uses it regularly now.

Everyone has his own experience on this, and it obviously depends a lot on the player tastes. You cannot say "I had zero problem handling this camera and so others will", neither "I had problems with it in my beginnings thus you should disable it by default".

This discussion brings absolutely no new point and I doubt any of what you say will influence on the default settings of the game.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

35 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:16:26)

Deleted.

My 2 cents:

Each to their own. Period.

Sure, we could discuss 4 days and nights about the dynamic camera, but like the discussions I've witnessed ingame, it would lead us to the same result: to NOTHING.

I am pretty sure the developers had their reasons to implement it.

A wise man told his fellow FPS gamers once: "god forbid any of you going into war"

37 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:16:20)

Deleted.

TeePhoenix wrote:

Nobody is talking about removing it!

But about changing the defaults.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

This is why I set up the poll. Regardless of why people use it or not, if more people have to turn it off, then that says to me that it is not popular enough to justify forcing it upon new players.

It's like cooking a meal that you know more people dislike than like, but you've got some guests coming over who have never tried it so you push it on them hoping they will like it more than the others. Chances are, the guests won't like it either and it would make sense to have listened to the majority so that your guests will come over again.

People writing on this forum are not representative of the Teeworlds players, they are generally people that know the game for long. You cannot judge the newbies opinion by a poll here.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Everyone who voted in this poll was at one time a newbie.

42 (edited by Dune 2011-11-12 23:07:45)

Nilaya wrote:

Everyone who voted in this poll was at one time a newbie.

But the very most of the newbies don't end up on this homepage.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

TeePhoenix wrote:
Dune wrote:

"I had problems with it in my beginnings thus you should disable it by default".

But this shows, that there can be such problems, so that this option is potentially problematic.

I think we should think about removing the hook. It's the one thing newbies can't handle at the start - they definitely can't handle it out of the box. - Remember: vanilla is losing players, and it's of course due to the hook!!11

44 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:16:13)

Deleted.

I haven't read the discussion, but I'd just like to say... dynamic camera = ftw.

This is my thinking: if you spin, don't use it. If you don't spin, use it. I've personally never liked to spin, so I like to "get back" at those players who think they're just soooo amazing because they can spin. If they stopped spinning, they could use dynam to do those annoying edge shots I so love to flaunt. wink [insert evil laughter here]

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

heinrich5991 wrote:

I think we should think about removing the hook. It's the one thing newbies can't handle at the start - they definitely can't handle it out of the box. - Remember: vanilla is losing players, and it's of course due to the hook!!11

Wtf !!! The hook is one of the secrets of this game when u know how to use this!

Particularly, I like races a lot, so, i'm "suspect" to talk about it!
but ofc the hook is essencial to other gametypes too ... seriously !
FlyCtf, DummyDrag ('new' DDrace), Hprace, Runs, Dm, all of them need hook somewhen... (ok u can say most of them are not official stuff.. but anyways!)
I dont get where is the problem with the hook, but for me its about the movement and speed, only problem for me are the hookers xD...
and as u said, the newbies have problems (in the begin? ofc! if they are newbies!), but later they learn how to handle with this...

what are u talking about Heinrich?  why when vanilla lose players its about the hook ?
tw without hook? ... DONT SAY THAT OR I DIE ...
x__X

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

heinrich5991 wrote:
TeePhoenix wrote:
Dune wrote:

"I had problems with it in my beginnings thus you should disable it by default".

But this shows, that there can be such problems, so that this option is potentially problematic.

Wow... That's a pretty dramatic change there heinrich5991... I don't think that should be taken out of teeworlds at all. sad

We probably need a sarcasm-bbcode big_smile

49 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:12:24)

Deleted.

Seriously, can you guys stand for five seconds and understand heinrich was just making fun of Teephoenix? Thanks.

Not Luck, Just Magic.