Topic: [POLL] Dynamic Camera

I was wondering what the teeworlds community prefers. Of course, dynamic cam is on by default, but I don't personally use it. What do you all think?

Re: [POLL] Dynamic Camera

It's really cool if you know where your enemies will come from. smile

I've never turned it off. The only bad thing about dynamic camera is that there are players that think they are the better ones just because they don't need it. And everyone else is a dyn noob.
Fortunately, they aren't that many. ^^

Hmm there was a discussion about weapon spinning, you might take a look there smile
Kinda related....

I normally play without but in I use dyn-bind in instagib. You may add that.:D

[21:15:20] Tom-d1ed: das ist ja mal so
[21:15:21] Tom-d1ed: extrem schlecht

Slayer *gV* wrote:

Hmm there was a discussion about weapon spinning, you might take a look there smile
Kinda related....

Yea, but that thread doesn't have a fancy poll! cool

I think the voting system should be removed again.

Can not agree any more. We should do a vote for that!

Not Luck, Just Magic.

dyn cam rulez teh world.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

It seems more people do not use dynamic camera. When I first started playing the game I found it very awkward to get used to and my movement was really off. My purpose of this poll was to perhaps suggest that dyn cam be turned off by default. It might help keep new players around longer.

I agree with Nilaya, when I first started playing I had no idea what the dynamic camera was for. tongue I have never used it since, it makes me so dizzy. tongue

~Nater

12 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:17:22)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

You can increase your sight by hacks too yikes
I dislike dynamic camera. I really can't play with it... it's so annoying and it disturbs me. After playing a while with dyncam i feel dizzy :s

Remove it and I'll have to learn Teeworlds all over again...

I use both, on for zcatch, off for ctf, toggle for things like ddrace.

It should definitely be off by default.

It should definitely on by default. smile I have it turned on in all gametypes since I started playing teeworlds and it hasn't disturbed me at all.

Should be on by default. New tees don't care if they can spin better with or without and they get an obvious "advantage".
If they want to get rid of this feature, they can simply turn it off. But at least they should know, that something like this does exist.

On the other hand, if they are new to the game, they might not know that it can be turned off. It works both ways. I would think that the curious might turn it on to see what it's like and if they like it, they can stick with it.

Agreed with heinrich and Slayer.

Once in a century...

20 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:17:07)

Deleted.

Nilaya wrote:

On the other hand, if they are new to the game, they might not know that it can be turned off. It works both ways. I would think that the curious might turn it on to see what it's like and if they like it, they can stick with it.

They will google to get a bot/hack, as they get the feeling other tees with dyn cam activated have a "view-hack".

TeePhoenix wrote:
Slayer *gV* wrote:

Should be on by default. New tees don't care if they can spin better with or without and they get an obvious "advantage".
If they want to get rid of this feature, they can simply turn it off. But at least they should know, that something like this does exist.

Should be off by default because new players get confused of a dynamic cam and it is more difficult to handle it. The dynamic cam has an advantage, yes, but new players care much more about other things that this little advantage, for example handling the movement! If they want to have this advantage and can handle it, they can simply turn it on. Like you and me.

I remember when i started playing teeworlds (or should I say "Teewars"?). I used the dyn cam actively to get a better view and see much more stuff. But I can't remember that it affected my movement. Are you really sure, the dyn cam will impede the movement of a new tee, when he just uses a s d space to turtle around?

The default settings should fit best to new tees, so they can get into the game easiest. As long as new tees aren't instantly able to spin like crazy, dyn cam is rather an advantage.

22 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:16:57)

Deleted.

I gave the game to several people too, noone was confused. oO

24 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:16:51)

Deleted.

Very representative vote... You don't know the players' reasons for not using dynamic camera. Maybe they don't use it because they spin like many high-level players?

You won't find much newbies in this forum - but one should probably ask them.