Re: Teeworlds 0.6.1

DDRace Players are noobs ?  Blather..  to fire on somebody can do every KID! True only kiddies play vanilla..
and a wise owl bandied to ddrace.

And who cares that vanilla was before DDRace ? No one played that fucking game as ddrace wasn't exist -.-
You need more skill for ddrace as for vanilla..

"No DDRace = no noobs, no noobs = good teeworlds"
wtf ? When they leave.. have fun to play with 20 other like-minded and 2 Opened 24/7 Servers.

u know nthing

It's obvious that you never played vanilla. You don't only have to shoot good, this is not CS yikes . You have to move very fast, hook good, master the grenade curve... etc etc.
IMHO DDRace and vanilla are completely different gametypes. That's also why I don't get these statements which say that player who plays DDRace is a noob and in reverse...

Ofc player who never played DDRace will fail very soon at some hardcore maps (talking from my own experience, my DDRace partner called me noob and disconnected) and a DDRacer can't play vanilla like a pro. So imo there are two kinds of noobs.

Now a short text to the first post:
I'm not a programmer genius, but as Teeworlds is open source, I think that the DDRace developer should be able to fix any bugs in his mod (if he's got enough programming skill, and I don't doubt that he has smile)

To clarify things a bit: There is an issue on github about this bug. It is set to be done for 0.6.1. Here is the link: https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/issues/722

About all that DDRace, vanilla, noob stuff...: I personally think that vanilla is more challenging than DDRace, and I also dislike DDRace. Nut that is only a personal opinion. Those who like DDRace better, just play DDRace, but at least give vanilla a try and don't be narrow-minded. I also tried DDRace several times and only after that I realized that I don't like it.

I also think that tee worlds it self might be in a better shape without DDRace, but this is a free game and people can do whatever they like and this is good so.

However, we will never explicitly support mods, or fix bugs/physics for a certain mod. The reason this bug will be fixed in general is the fact that the behavior is not correct in vanilla either, so it's a vanilla bug and not only a DDRace bug.

On the other hand, popular and successful mods, that fit the tee worlds spirit, mitt be included into the main game some day. There are plans to do so for 0.7 as Oy said to me on IRC. You can be assured that DDRace won't be included in the near future though. Gametypes to be included are rather race, survival or domination, but there has been no statement from Oy what will really get included.

And one last thing: Since it is a server sided bug, the developer of DDRace should be able to fix it himself (I don't know if it would break net version, but I guess not, since the bug is set for 0.6.1 so the net version has to be compatible...)

i just want that bug will be fixed.. like every ddrace player want that.

u know nthing

please do not troll and stick to the topic.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

developer can you say something about that bug?

u know nthing

Moby Dog: Did you not read what I wrote? I said there is an issue on github about player colission prolbems and it is marked for 0.6.1. That means the bug will be fixed in 0.6.1. Don't be so ignorant please.

Sry i lost your post between all the comments that every ddrace player is a noob.. hmm

Thx for that info, is there an appointed day for the new version?

u know nthing

Guys, stop trolling.

35 (edited by ghost 2011-07-24 11:30:53)

Moby Dog wrote:

Sry i lost your post between all the comments that every ddrace player is a noob.. hmm

Thx for that info, is there an appointed day for the new version?

No, there is no due date. However, this is the last issue for that release, so if no new things are added, 0.6.1 might be released just as soon as that bug is fixed.

yemDX wrote:

Except with DDRace, they don't play vanilla and never get better. DDRace attracts very stupid/dumb players, which in turn makes a bad Teeworlds community.

I beat u cant even overpass half encore server noob filters.
I play tw for 8 months - DDrace about 7 months,  and sometimes (once in weak or so), if there is no players online with who i would love to play DDrace, i try Vanilla for fun.
And you know what? From 16 players there is about 0-3 better or same skilled players as me and im not even f*cikng training for that mod.
There are no limits to train your skill in DDrace.

In my opinion in tw are only 3 mods which takes a lot of practice to be good at there:
DDrace
Race
Instagib

Its sad that you play just a bit better than noobs/lowlvl/newcomer after 8 months of playing this beautiful game. Coz i doubt u've played on highlvl servers.

And:

btd wrote:

Guys, stop trolling.

This thread is about a bugfix-request and not your lovely mods!

C'mon the problem is solved anyway so why not troll around a bit untill a mod closes this thread?

letins wrote:

In my opinion in tw are only 3 mods which takes a lot of practice to be good at there:
DDrace
Race
Instagib

Your opinion is not valid as it is a matter of fact that you need more practice for shooting your enemies (handling the curvature of the grenade launcher, using your hook blah blah...) than dodging black squares with no time limit, unless you are an aiming talent. DDRace is always the same. Every map consists of the same parts and the "pro" players are people who just played those parts a billion times and can master them perfectly. You cant do this in Vanilla.

letins wrote:

I play tw for 8 months - DDrace about 7 months,  and sometimes (once in weak or so), if there is no players online with who i would love to play DDrace, i try Vanilla for fun.
And you know what? From 16 players there is about 0-3 better or same skilled players as me and im not even f*cikng training for that mod.
Instagib

You're playing on the wrong servers.

letins wrote:

There are no limits to train your skill in DDrace.

There are and they are easy to reach.

pseud.. proof it

u know nthing