Topic: Teeworlds 0.6.1

I heared that 0.6.1 should be finished soon, i got some questions about it.
What will be changed?

I play DDRace Mod.. so im very interesting in the new fix that you did at 0.6 - rocket fuse bug.. you fixed it
but now we got a new problem - hammer fly bug.
Will you do something about that?

When will 0.6.1 arrival?

u know nthing

Re: Teeworlds 0.6.1

This is teeworlds forum not ddrace forum.

Go ask developers @ ddrace.info about ddrace

Once in a century...

DDRace developer (GreyFox) cant do anything about that bug, because its a not a client problem!
We already asked him and he told the bug can be fixed at 0.6.1 but he's not sure

u know nthing

What you dislike because it does not fit your mod doesn't necessarily appear as a bug for us.
Besides, if it cannot get 'fixed' with a modification, I don't see how a 0.6.1 release would help. You would need 0.7.0 in that case.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

It's done, when it's done.

All main changes (and collision fixes are main changes) will be listed somewhere, just be patient smile

Btw:

Moby Dog wrote:

DDRace developer (GreyFox) cant do anything about that bug, because its a not a client problem!

If its not a client issue, it is a server issue. If it is a server issue, GreyFox could fix it.

I personally know one thing for sure, in 0.6.1 there will be more than 200 country flags, even with the new founded country south sudan! ;D
It means, each country flag will be available! wink

I also heard there will be a auto mapping system, but I'm not sure: big_smile

Wait untill it's done. wink

Zatline wrote:

I also heard there will be a auto mapping system, but I'm not sure: :D

This is for sure, it's been done 3 months ago ;)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

8 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-07-23 00:03:56)

Yes,all flags,automapper,country filter... big_smile

And in 0.7 a redesigned skin system smile

@ L Can't wait! smile

P.S. F*** you blond!

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:

And in 0.7 a redesigned skin system smile

Not decided yet!
Just one shit for shure: a new tileset

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Im other opinion.
That fix was made to stop rocketfuse also for a mod, cause i dont think they made it for ctf..
And "trunks" is the main version of teeworlds and trunks is a ddrace version.. thats why i think the developer cares
about ddrace and that bug.. (i hope that)

Btw. DDRace = Most played mod of teeworlds..

No DDRace = No Teeworlds (For many peoples)

u know nthing

Moby Dog wrote:

Im other opinion.
That fix was made to stop rocketfuse also for a mod, cause i dont think they made it for ctf..
And "trunks" is the main version of teeworlds and trunks is a ddrace version.. thats why i think the developer cares

Teeworlds developers don't change physics for mods, they really don't care about them.

Btw, stop bringing your "ddrace most played gametype of tw lolilol" arguments. DDRace is already not Teeworlds. So if there's no DDRace anymore there won't be any less Teeworlds smile
For your information, there were much more vanilla players before DDRace.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

DDrace and Vanilla has no similarities.
They are completely different.
But the developer have done it so it must be the real teeworlds.
That teeworlds without ddrace is no teeworlds for many people as you said is an result from a bad development.(I don't mean the developer)
The most people are just to lazy to learn it and that's hardly surprising with these server offers.
The only map which is played frequently is ctf5 and either the server is full of noobs or full of pros where you get kicked very fast.
So it's hard to develop.

Quebec wrote:

That teeworlds without ddrace is no teeworlds for many people as you said is an result from a bad development.(I don't mean the developer)
The most people are just to lazy to learn it and that's hardly surprising with these server offers.
The only map which is played frequently is ctf5 and either the server is full of noobs or full of pros where you get kicked very fast.
So it's hard to develop.

AFAIK none of the devs contributed anything to ddrace.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Landil wrote:
Quebec wrote:

So it's hard to develop.

AFAIK none of the devs contributed anything to ddrace.

(I don't mean the developer) i didn't said that

Quebec wrote:

Not Luck, Just Magic.

16 (edited by Quebec 2011-07-22 20:21:07)

yey i mean vanilla
it's based on moby dogs post:
No Ddrace=noteeworlds

Quebec wrote:

yey i mean vanilla
No Ddrace=noteeworlds

You got it in the wrong way dude.
It's more like No Teeworlds = no DDRace.
Vanilla existed waaaay before DDRace and will still exist after.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

18 (edited by yemDX 2011-07-22 20:43:18)

Quebec wrote:

yey i mean vanilla
No Ddrace=noteeworlds

No DDRace = no noobs, no noobs = good teeworlds

Ex-King of Teeworlds

thx you understand me smile

Moby Dog wrote:

Im other opinion.

Trunk means actuall development snapshot. Like i make a script and release it as 1.0 and in background i change some things but don't release the script under a version, that's the trunk version of my script. The most up-to-date version.

21 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-07-22 22:01:59)

Aaaah fatal error. Every player that started playing teeworlds was a noob first. And then became better and better. No player that started playing teeworlds was a pro in the very beginning.

No DDRace = no noobs. Hmmm I guess so. But as they play only DDRace they can't interfere with vanilla.
no noobs = good teeworlds. Wrong. How good is teeworlds doesn't depend on it's players. But on good concept,coding...

But 1 thing is true: With no DDRace teeworlds as a whole will suffer a great loss of players.

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:

Aaaah fatal error. Every player that started playing teeworlds was a noob first. And then became better and better. No player that started playing teeworlds was a pro in the very beginning.

No DDRace = no noobs. Hmmm I guess so. But as they play only DDRace they can't interfere with vanilla.
no noobs = good teeworlds. Wrong. How good is teeworlds doesn't depend on it's players. But on good concept,coding...

But 1 thing is true: With no DDRace teeworlds as a whole will suffer a great loss of players.

Except with DDRace, they don't play vanilla and never get better. DDRace attracts very stupid/dumb players, which in turn makes a bad Teeworlds community.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

True. Playing only 1 gametype won't make you better. (there are a few exceptions)

Once in a century...

24 (edited by xavierp94 2011-07-24 22:04:44)

I agree that the the lack of DDRace would not make much difference to DDRace. Although, the different variety of gametypes has made Teeworlds as a whole community more successful. People don't get bored by the regular vanilla gametypes because every now and then we see the innovation between the mods that people create. Although I agree that some mods leave a lot to be desired and wish never existed. wink

25 (edited by analog 2011-07-23 03:54:42)

No DDRace = ~400 Players Left

I asked a few ddrace players if ddrace were gone, would they leave, and they said they'll play their second favorite gametype.

It's really a shame that you are so narrow-minded to think that what you feel (that DDRace is everything about teeworlds) is what everyone does.

But why do so many of you assume that "a small community" is a "bad one"?