Re: development or "What the hell is going on?"

Ninja Koala wrote:
Dune wrote:

ctf1 map should truely be replaced soon by the current ctf1_reworked, though I've heard there would be some time for the community to adapt, giving both maps or something like that wink

No, please don't replace ctf1, it's my very favorite map when playing with a little number of players, like 2on2 or 3on3. I don't like the reworked version. Also I don't like the idea of implementing jump boosters or something else to make it easier for noobs to move, because hooking is the very most important part of teeworlds imo. I think it's time to release 0.5.3 or name it 0.5.5 regarding to the big step from 0.5.2 to the trunk. I also like the idea of a two year release rythm.

Did you ever played ctf1_reworked?
Seriously, look closely to the current ctf1. It's a dm1 rotated map, with different pickups and spawn points. ctf1_reworked will be your very favorite map when playing with a little number of players wink

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Honestly, ctf_jungle_drum is better.

Stay wild big_smile

103 (edited by exalkun 2011-03-10 15:43:33)

Well to get this b2t.

Its quite sad that this thread was created one month ago and still yet there is nothing coming from developers except Landil who was part of this discussion from the very start. To be honest Landil shared his work on the offical graphics all time through his blog which is featured on teeplanet. So we didnt lack any infomation concerning graphics.

I read many rumors about "0.6.0 release soon" but not any official statement about that. I would be pleased if there would be anything like " We are working on a fast release" or "0.6.0 is far from being done ". Any message would be cool.

In the end this seems still headless although this thread is a first step.

Im wondering if Oy actually read this topic hmm

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

I have a deadline for the reworked graphics. So it might be possible that o.6 will be released soon.

*Time goes by so slowly*

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I'm glad someone here is mature enough to set a deadline for themselves.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Ok, there hasn't been a commit in over a month.

108 (edited by BennXYZ 2011-03-21 17:48:06)

win.
are we allowed to know that deadline?
if the deadline already is public: sorry, but im not here for that long. and my english seems to be bad x)

Tremble before my Art <3

There is no deadline and there will be no deadline.

matricks wrote:

It's done when it's done.

And now Oy:

Oy wrote:

It's done when it's done.

smile

BennXYZ wrote:

win.
if the deadline already is public: sorry, but im not here for that long. and my english seems to be bad x)

Landil wrote:

It might be possible that 0.6 will be released while this contest. If this happens the rules will be updated.

The contest is the nodes map design contest and its deadline is 15th May 2011 ; 18:00 GMT+1. So keep your fingers crossed!

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

BennyXYZ wrote:

heinrich5991 wrote:

There is no deadline and there will be no deadline.

Landil wrote:

I have a deadline for the reworked graphics. So it might be possible that o.6 will be released soon.

112 (edited by dremy 2011-03-26 08:27:24)

Landil wrote:
I have a deadline for the reworked graphics. So it might be possible that o.6 will be released soon.                                                                     how long time you think teeworlds 0.6.0 will be released?i mean in April? tongue

If you want a perfect map for your own server you can PM me to make you one ^^

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

dremy wrote:

Landil wrote:
I have a deadline for the reworked graphics. So it might be possible that o.6 will be released soon.                                                                     how long time you think teeworlds 0.6.0 will be released?i mean in April? tongue

It's done, when it's done

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

dremy wrote:

Landil wrote:
I have a deadline for the reworked graphics. So it might be possible that o.6 will be released soon.                                                                     how long time you think teeworlds 0.6.0 will be released?i mean in April? :P

A deadline for the graphics doesn't mean a deadline for the whole. Landil isn't the one charged to decide when to release and when not to release, I guess it's up to Oy. And Oy said: no deadline :/

Not Luck, Just Magic.