Topic: [MOD] T-Zomby (no release)

Hey guys!
I'm currently working on a Teeworlds Mod.
It's called T-Zomby (Team - Zombie).
So. I won't release the Server Files anytime.
But I still need help, finding bugs.
Maybe... I'll release it (v 2.0 ?).
Now it's Beta (i mean im working on it at my home pc).
So. I talked enough now.
Lets describe something:

There is the Red Team and the Blue team (Humans and Zombies).
When a Human kills a Zombie, the Zombie will respawn.
The Human who killed him will get +50$ or +100$ (i dont know how many he get for a kill yet).
But when a Zombie dies (killed thru another player) he will get +25$ or +50$ (even here, i dont know yet).
So, Zombies can't take up any Weapons. Just Health and Armor.
They got default maximum HP, even Humans, they all got max. of Health and Armor. (10HP, 10Armor).

Now we came to the Cash.
Humans can buy upgrades for their weapons and more HP, or Ammo fill up.
So an example: Humans can buy 4 grades of a Minigun (Gun):

1. +5 Damage and Auto Shoot
2. +Unlimited Ammo
3. +More Spreading
4. +Exploding projectiles

The same would be for a zombie. But zombies just can buy more Damage, Speed or so.
To inform you: Zombie Damage for a Hammer is at 100! (So don't care when you die as a Human).
The round will end, when the Team Scorelimit is reached (maybe 100.000 or just 1.000)
or when the Time is over (then the Humans will win).
When the Zombies kills all Humans before the Round ends, there will be a funny broadcast (its a surprise ;)).
So. When a new round starts, you all will get killed (not changing team to Zombies).
While they are death, all there Stats will be reseted (all bought things too!).
While warmup is running, you still cant move (is comming) but you can warmup youself with thinking about
a new spot for this round.

Now.. Ehm.. When a Human falls down and get killed, he will not be a Zombie automatic.
Just when a Zombie kills a Humans, he goes like Zombie too.
So, dont care about falling down, you will be spawned again.
While warmup you can change a class for default spawning weapons and their specialities. :)
So when you use Grenadeer you will get a Grenade Launcher with 3 Grenades and more Damage.
But well. I talked enough. Now let the screenshots talk:

(No screenshots avaible yet).

I'm sorry, i have no screenshots yet.
But I'll upload some when v0.1337 is done. :)

The Server IP will be 62.141.38.108:8803 then. :)
But you cant connect yet, i didnt start the "beta" of it yet^^.

If you like it, please vote. If not, you still can vote too.
But please vote :D :D.

Now,
gratz:
Beefy'X (.. powachill ..)

Re: [MOD] T-Zomby (no release)

The best gametypes are the simplest, keep that in mind wink

Btw, I lol'd at the poll:

Really good!
Its okay, i think.
I'm a noob. I don't like this mod.

I'm a damn noob! big_smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I think you need more&better ideas

dont really like the idea:

- you shouldnt implent this whole cash things, thats just confusing and annoying. a mod should be simple, and you shouldnt have to look up for a  100 commands to buy several things. follow the KISS princip, because simple to play= fun.
_
and another thing: Why are zombies available to buy something lol, they are not even alife, or smart, those are just creatures which wanna eat BRAINS! dont really care about money at all haha

I am a noob. I don't like this mod.
Furthermore... I dont like this mod.

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

Sry but...if everyone with a mod-idea would open a thread with voting system...
you shouldnt do it.

btw: teeworlds means fun. Fun for the players AND fun for the ppl contributing sth to it. You should write mods coz u have fun with it, not coz ppl could like them (yeah, its important too i know...). Write a mod, have fun, and if u think its good, release it. Otherwise...have fun while writing the mod and dont release it smile

Yeh.. Well.. I just try to copy the Quarantine Chaos Zombie Mod (Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2) from Killingdyl, cuz its so awesome!
So, there zombies can buy anything too. And i think, it would be much fun!
Mod is ready to use in a few days or so smile
Im really.. I'm at about 75% with the Mod (i just add some Items now, and fix the round end bug).
But well, when so many guys dont like it, i just host 1 Server of it.
When people say, its great, i will publish server binarys maybe...
Source Code will be in it (may!), just to learn from it smile
So well... You will be able to vote yet, but its still ok when you say you dont like it. hmm
But lol, 14 Guys said they are a noob xD

I don't like buying stuff... this ain't CS... and it shouldn't get more complicated then this... I play tw to release the stress and have a lil fun in front of the pc night time... Thinking when you're tired does not involve fun! Sorry, i don't like it, what's wrong with the original zombie mod?

Let me just say, it's in the best interest of Teeworlds to have good and simple mods but complicated mods can be fun.
Aside from that, leave your biased aside when you have an voting option against your opinion. tongue
As for the mod, I haven't played it but it looks interesting.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Hi I think that it looks like the Infection mod but with upgrades and worse!!! I am the noob too-I think bad idea.

11 (edited by DarkJoker 2011-12-23 00:08:27)

I know it has nothing to do with this topic,
but Dune ure damn shita.. Disliker (also called Hater)
If u post a Dislike, most ppl will only read your comment
and not the topic and begin to dislike in a stubid way -.-

Nc mod I like it -.-

12 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:03:10)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

I think its kinda interesting.
Instead of cash... Why not gain more Health or Armor?
That way you dont have to chat command, while zombies are around...

Meh...
On the road to become an artist smile
cool cool

14 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:03:04)

Deleted.

XD I know that TeePhoenix.

I was just giving Ideas xD

Meh...
On the road to become an artist smile
cool cool

Since I released the zesc sourcecode, I see many "new" zombie mods without even a single credit. Not even for the teleporter system from Rajh, Redix & SushiTee. And every of these "new" mods has op weapons and some other bullshit which doesn't fit the game...
And yes I'm a noob to, i dislike this mod.

BotoX wrote:

Since I released the zesc sourcecode, I see many "new" zombie mods without even a single credit. Not even for the teleporter system from Rajh, Redix & SushiTee. And every of these "new" mods has op weapons and some other bullshit which doesn't fit the game...
And yes I'm a noob to, i dislike this mod.

1. Definitely not a good idea to keep reviving this thread.
2. There's no credit they shall give to them imo. It's not like they would directly modify their code, and even if they would... everyone's hacking on the teeworlds source code, and no one is giving credits.
And you're probably coding with Windows and not giving credits to Bill Gates.
And you're probably typing with your hands and not giving credits to your parents.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

18 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:01:37)

Deleted.

TeePhoenix wrote:

Giving Bill Gates Credit for using his operating system? This is stupid, because windows is just a tool and if you build something in or for windows your product isnt based on windows, it is an own product that just runs with windows and in the license there isnt such a clause, that giving credit is necessary and I would doubt that such a clause would be effective...

There you go

Would you be happy if I take your gamer client, remove all credits and say that I made it? In the license that comes with teeworlds stands, that the origin should be visible. I think it is enough if you say that the mod, you build is based on teeworlds. I havent heared until now, that somebody didnt do this. Each contributor to the original teeworlds knows that license and is ok with it, so that they dont want extra credit. But if you build a mod you can say, that somebody that uses your mod, have to! If you dont do it, it is 1. rude and 2. illegal, too!

There's a difference between appropriating something which is not yours and basing your mod on another's.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

20 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:01:26)

Deleted.

Who told you "the original developer wants it"?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

22 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 17:01:15)

Deleted.

TeePhoenix wrote:

Botox wants it, isnt he the original developer of this mod on that others are based on?

No.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

There is only one tear in my face ...
What mods do you like?
I know that thousands of people LOVE zombie mods in that style (example: modern warfare 2).
And you tell me you dont?

Then simply add why you dont like it.
Thanks.

25 (edited by Dune 2012-01-02 12:20:33)

Completely unteeish. There are many ways to code teeish zombie mods (these are your masters), and you've not used any of them.

Not Luck, Just Magic.