1 (edited by Thunderhâwk 2010-11-20 17:35:41)

Topic: [IDEAS]New MOD

I'd learned C++ to write a Mod. But The trouble now is i haven't got Ideas. So I want to hear some of yours to create an cool new and funny Mod.

searched:

• 2 x Mapper

• 1 x Modder

• 999.999 Ideas

If you want to be one of those peoples who help me PN me.

Teeworlds is alive!

Re: [IDEAS]New MOD

Just start with modifying a bit the source, try to get used to the Teeworlds source code and to the rules of coding first.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

@ Dune, you mean like tweaking: the laser color/normal weapon physics/weapon damage? Stuff like that?

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

What about helping with creating the actual game instead?

For me it's boring to make a "Normal" Thing ;D It have to be crazy.

Teeworlds is alive!

But i only wanted to get Ideas for a Mod not Tips how to start with modding.

Teeworlds is alive!

7 (edited by Kottizen 2010-11-20 18:58:48)

If you don't know what to make, don't make it. We have too many modifications already.

8 (edited by 19michael95 2010-11-20 19:55:40)

When you become an idea for a good mode, i can make a map for you smile

Ahm do you mean if i get a good mod you will map a map for me?
Thats good Thanks big_smile

Teeworlds is alive!

Well at least you ask for ideas before releasing your own stupid idea as an unfinished mod.

This cant work out well, this thread is already spam-flooded.

11 (edited by MertenNor 2010-11-21 16:10:15)

ideas..
Juggernaut mod!:
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3423
Tom94 never got it done so if you want the source code for it just contact me..

and

Stockpile MOD:
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5996
no one has  tried to build this yet so no source code at the moment..

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

Don't learn C++ to write a teeworlds Mod => "Noobmod"

I think there are quite a lot of threads in this forum like "I've got an idea!!!! But cant code in c++!!!! Someone make this mod!!!!!!!!"  Search a bit. You could also look at the suggestions for next versions and implement some of the refused/neutral ones.

Nox your sig fails.

void ..

14 (edited by jxsl13 2010-11-29 20:13:03)

try to watch things you know from your own life to add it into teeworlds ....
citymod ---> from own life
zcatch --> known in some peoples lifes
C.O.D. xD ....
something you saw in film ... in games ... you dont have any limits smile

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

The mods you quoted kinda suck, it's not because it's a reference to the real life it's a good point. Mostly, gameplay doesn't fit well with realism.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

If you want to code for Teeworlds, why don't you work on some issues instead of some senseless mod?

aka cheesy

a sweet mod would to be invisible or invulnuralble to spikes

I mean invisible to other players.

Spikes? Wtf?

How did you mistake spikes for being invisible?

20 (edited by Goomba 2011-04-06 14:33:43)

I'm a good Mapper

When you need my help:

21 (edited by Mo2 2012-02-18 05:23:52)

I would like a nano-suit, super-nano-shields, super-jump, invisible-mode, stealth-kill (!) and a little bit longer and more interesting story.

Post 2:

NoxNebula wrote:

Don't learn C++ to write a teeworlds Mod => "Noobmod"

I don't agree. Even this can result in a bad mod that nobody would play afterwards it's a good idea to learn something by doing. If you just learn and don't use it afterwards cause it's boring or just synthetic for school then the motivation and remember-factor is often pretty poor. If you solve a problem because you like and need it yourself it's much better then to solve a dumb problem that is just written into a book and you would even remember normally such "self found cause I like it" solutions for a long(er) time. Probably a little bit like a bear remembers how to get out that damned honey in comparison to a bear that you hit into the neck and put him a book into it's claw.

Greeting
Mo(2)

Post 3:
To stay a little bit more topic:

I had an idea regarding a mod I would write but I did not found time so far to do it myself. And since you search many ideas:

Modname: TeeVSTee  (in memory to old "Spy vs Spy" on C64 or NES)

Following modification should be necessary:

• Rocket, Laser and Shootgun should be unique and never get ammo but instead should be "secret prototypes" that should get stolen before you may pass the finish line and fly away as sucessfully spy... ehrm ... tee.

• If somebody dies these objects should be dropped near the last position the tee died.

• If somebody would drop an already found "prototype-weapon" he should be able to do so (so he can hide it from other tees).

• Put in buttons and doors (like already done in DDRace or City mod) to enable traps.

• Maps should be full with camping places... similar to "catch" maps (so you can grab a weapon and put it secret to somewhere else until you found all the other ones and try to reach the finish line). Maybe some wooden museum with glass-showcase and lot of tables, big plants oldgrandpa-clock, ...

Greetings,
Mo(2)

// merged by m!nus – next time I will just wipe them, this is a warning.

Just wanna say something. All of you say:"Noob! WE DON'T SUPPORT MODS!!!!!"
But as grummi said(not sure if it was him but someone certainly said) teeworlds modders may become devs in the future. Gaining knowledge in programming by creating TW mods,will boost your chances of becoming an official dev because your skills will get handy when developing future releases....

You know what I'm saying?
You gotz skillz big_smile

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:

Just wanna say something. All of you say:"Noob! WE DON'T SUPPORT MODS!!!!!"
But as grummi said(not sure if it was him but someone certainly said) teeworlds modders may become devs in the future. Gaining knowledge in programming by creating TW mods,will boost your chances of becoming an official dev because your skills will get handy when developing future releases....

You know what I'm saying?
You gotz skillz big_smile

We're not saying people shouldn't make modifications neither they are noobs because of making them, we just decided not to provide technical support to mods, to avoid the forum to be flooded by a hundred of "please how can i get lvl 4 admin in city" topics.

Also, we do not denigrate every kind of new mod, a lot of modifications made by unknown people were appreciated by the community because they were simply well-made (quoting Lord's HpRACE mod), and they receive the popularity they deserve.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

This is seriously one of the most negative and unfriendly forums I've ever been on.

But I have a few ideas for mods, a couple of which we have actually tried out sort of.

(1) Protect the King - Designate one tee on each team to be "king" and give that tee extra health points. The goal is to kill the other teams king (just once). Other teammates can die multiple times.

(2) Tag - It sounds stupidly simple, but it is kinda fun to play. One tee randomly starts as "it" then can only pass the "it" via hooking another tee. at the end of a minute or two, the "it" tee scores -10, round restarts.

(3) Dragball - suggested by Kuma, this idea is likes the basketball, but make the ball tee-sized, lighter, hookable, hammerable, and make it roll also, with some kind of basket or goal.

Nice leading in.

Btw: (3) isnt possible without client mod (at least making the ball tee-sized etc.)