1 (edited by Lite 2010-04-04 17:13:22)

Topic: [CLIENT] Teeworlds Z-Team Pack 4 beta 1

We decided to show new Z-Pack smile It's still incompleted, but developing is not stopped wink

Authors: Lite aka kaddy, vit, karbo, Sozidai_mouse, nsinreal, Variecs.

Short changelog:

• Animated background and background music

• Translation

• Visual effects (eye-candy) and some graphics improvements

• Editor has been patched (quads and animation improvements)

• Added UTF-8 support and smiles in chat smile

• Nick autocompletion in chat

• Chat history (your last 25 messages)

• Auto demo recording and screenshots, demo recording indicator

• Demos cutter

• In-game server browser, some optimization of existing server browser

• Lua scripts with access to players info

• Killing sprees into infopanel

• Fast menu (see fastmenu_* commands and +fastmenu bind)

• Some bugfixes

See full changelog into ReadMe folder.

Because of beta version of pack, there are some bugs...
Found bugs:

• Dynamic camera bind is not working properly

• If you're using Lua, game will be fail after some time

• Download speed can be buggy

• After changing nick you need to reconnect or use console command resend_info

• If you're banned on some server and try to refresh server list in in-game server browser, you will be disconnected with reason "Banned"

• Game interface is a bit slow sad

• Can fail if you're changing text rendering from FreeType to old-style (or from old-style to FreeType)

Magnet was banned Z-Pack, so i leave here not download link, but link to discussion on Z-Team forum... http://z-team.org.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1114 (simply scroll down to the end of the first message ^_-)

Also we ask you to tell us about any other bugs. We believe that they will be fixed smile And please, read ReadMe before asking something ^_-

UPD:
I forgot to say that you can you your old profile now. If you'll run teeworlds with parameter -o or --old-storage or --old-path, game will use profile in AppData or in ~/.teeworlds. Also you can use any other profile using parameter --p %s or --storage %s or --path %s. Third command-line candy is in hiding console under Windows: use -s or --silent parameter.

UPD 2:
You can change music and font.
To change music pack it with wavpack ( http://www.wavpack.com/ ) and replace file data/audio/music.wv
To change font get any TrueType font and replace file data/fonts/font.ttf
If you're changed font and don't see it, enable FreeType text rendering in settings wink

UPD 3:
Now you can download Win64 version smile See link here: http://z-team.org.ru/forum/viewtopic.ph … 926#p21926

Sorry for my english sad

2 (edited by ich1234566 2010-04-03 21:40:52)

Re: [CLIENT] Teeworlds Z-Team Pack 4 beta 1

OMG Very NICE....

- but crash by entering the graphic option ??? sometimes

It can fail if you're changing font rendering type... You need restart game after that.

Sorry for my english sad

Is patches submitted for official? Stupid that people keep on working on unofficial clients while official development is going really slow.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Chi11y, practically all bugs were (or will be) fixed in refactor branch. I talked about it with Oy and Gerych. Also, sources of Z-Pack is now in SVN... so you can easy get patch for anything (hm... maybe one trouble - commits in russian... but you can use translator smile )

Sorry for my english sad

As far as I know, devs are pretty busy, so they don't have time to check through code like that, if you want to be helpful, best is to submit patches on the mailing list. There are loads of tickets to fix on trac aswell I guess. Getting fed up with all people running different clients, and you can't know which one is fair and isn't etc.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

7 (edited by Safiroth 2010-04-03 22:26:58)

Woow!! I love it wink. I hope it will be for 6.0 too oohho smile. When the bugs are down, it'll be perfecT!

edit: but it laggs very hard :>

Programming is similar to sex. If you make a mistake, you have to support it for the rest of your life.

I still love you work, the best client mod ever.
GJ.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

9 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2010-04-03 22:43:53)

hmmm looks really nice, and i LOVE the editor-improvements.
but 2 things:
the screen is flickering on my pc. CPU is about 50% (--> normal)... with "Eye Candey" much more as without, but still noticeable...
and nr.2: i hate the music...really: i hate it^^ i know i can turn it off, but i would like if you could add a music with more instruments, and less computer-keyboard sad (or computer-keyboard-sounds that sounds like music... hmm maybe get inspired by the LF2 sounds?^^)

EDIT: btw: i think the editor should look for maps in the AppData too....

Zeratul, see update in first post.
Also you can change music. Pack your melody with wavpack ( http://www.wavpack.com/ ) and replace data/audio/music.wv by your music smile

Sorry for my english sad

If you're banned on some server and try to refresh server list in in-game server browser, you will be disconnected with reason "Banned"

This is a native Teeworlds0.5.2 bug. Would be very nice if you could fix it.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I'll try to fix as more bugs as i can, but i haven't many time now sad

Sorry for my english sad

13 (edited by Kottizen 2010-04-04 08:41:56)

I haven't tried it, but I love it! Thank you for this wonderful client.

EDIT: Tried it, so freaking awesome!

14 (edited by MertenNor 2010-04-04 12:17:31)

tried to compile for Mac OS X and I got this error:

--- Auto Configuration ---
compiler: gcc
stackprotector: yes
zlib: (in system path)
sdl: using osx framework
freetype: using freetype-config
saving configuration to 'config.bam'
--- 
bam: building 'client_release'
[  1/249] #1 c src/engine/external/lua/print.c
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:7:19: error: ctype.h: No such file or directory
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:8:19: error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/engine/external/lua/lstate.h:10,
                 from src/engine/external/lua/ldebug.h:11,
                 from src/engine/external/lua/print.c:13:
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:12:20: error: stdarg.h: No such file or directory
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:13:20: error: stddef.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:16,
                 from src/engine/external/lua/lstate.h:10,
src/engine/external/lua/luaconf.h:11:20: error: limits.h: No such file or directory
src/engine/external/lua/luaconf.h:532:18: error: math.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/engine/external/lua/lstate.h:10,
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:58: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘size_t’
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:60: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘size_t’
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:66: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘size_t’
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:66: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘size_t’
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:103: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘lua_Integer’
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:147: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of ‘lua_Integer’
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:147: error: ‘lua_Integer’ declared as function returning a function
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:147: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:149: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘size_t’
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:150: warning: type defaults to ‘int’ in declaration of ‘size_t’
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:150: error: ‘size_t’ declared as function returning a function
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:150: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:162: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘lua_Integer’
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:163: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘size_t’
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:166: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘va_list’
src/engine/external/lua/lua.h:182: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘size_t’
In file included from src/engine/external/lua/lstate.h:12,
src/engine/external/lua/lobject.h:205: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘size_t’
src/engine/external/lua/lobject.h:221: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘size_t’
src/engine/external/lua/lobject.h:375: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘va_list’
src/engine/external/lua/lobject.h:377: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘size_t’
In file included from src/engine/external/lua/lzio.h:13,
                 from src/engine/external/lua/lstate.h:14,
src/engine/external/lua/lmem.h:41: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘size_t’
src/engine/external/lua/lmem.h:42: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘size_t’
src/engine/external/lua/lmem.h:45: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘size_t’
In file included from src/engine/external/lua/lstate.h:14,
src/engine/external/lua/lzio.h:26: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘size_t’
src/engine/external/lua/lzio.h:46: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘size_t’
src/engine/external/lua/lzio.h:49: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘luaZ_read’
src/engine/external/lua/lzio.h:57: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘size_t’
In file included from src/engine/external/lua/ldebug.h:11,
src/engine/external/lua/lstate.h:126: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘ptrdiff_t’
src/engine/external/lua/print.c: In function ‘PrintString’:
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:26: warning: statement with no effect
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:26: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘i’
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:27: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘putchar’
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:28: error: ‘i’ undeclared (first use in this function)
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:28: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:28: error: for each function it appears in.)
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:28: error: ‘n’ undeclared (first use in this function)
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:33: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘printf’
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:33: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘printf’
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:42: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘isprint’
src/engine/external/lua/print.c: In function ‘PrintConstant’:
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:57: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘printf’
src/engine/external/lua/print.c: In function ‘PrintCode’:
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:86: error: ‘INT_MAX’ undeclared (first use in this function)
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:88: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘printf’
src/engine/external/lua/print.c: In function ‘PrintHeader’:
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:170: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘printf’
src/engine/external/lua/print.c: In function ‘PrintConstants’:
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:184: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘printf’
src/engine/external/lua/print.c: In function ‘PrintLocals’:
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:196: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘printf’
src/engine/external/lua/print.c: In function ‘PrintUpvalues’:
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:207: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘printf’
src/engine/external/lua/print.c:208: error: ‘NULL’ undeclared (first use in this function)
bam: command returned error: 256
bam: error during build

I did:

../bam/src/bam client_release

any help ?

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

i love it but i hate the sound... how i can switch it??
i dont know why but i havent got many lags on laggy servers but my friends has

MertenNor, i have no idea, sorry sad It's lua bug, not my.
ich1234566, see update 2 in first message.

Sorry for my english sad

I will the source link, I not found him!

Sorry for my bad english

http://z-team.org.ru/forum/viewtopic.ph … mp;t=1114, Ctrl-F, "Source", Enter smile
Sorry, i cannot publish any other links here - kick Magnet for that smile

Sorry for my english sad

Why dont you make a branch of this client in which you would remove all those features because of which this client was banned. (There are not so many of them afaik) That way you could post the direct link to that branch build here and not have to play silly games. Your work would gain more popularity and it will be easier to decide if a patch is worth submitting to the mainline.

And if anyone would need the version of the client with the 'extra' stuff, he will know where to look for it, without the need to post it on these forums. And i would discourage you of posting builds of which you know there are bugs - crashes at most. When releasing a beta disable those features and release a stable - in means of stable as far as you know - client. Releasing binaries of which you know they crash is not very professional.

Anyway I hope you will submit some patches to the game, when it gets time for that, keep up the good work and have fun.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

Yes, we have truncated version... But we published full version because truncated features can have bugs too wink Bugs will be fixed, but not so soon - i haven't many time now sad

Sorry for my english sad

21 (edited by MertenNor 2010-04-04 16:45:08)

Lite wrote:

MertenNor, i have no idea, sorry sad It's lua bug, not my.
ich1234566, see update 2 in first message.

oh so its LUA didn't know that xD going to compile with lua now if I figgure out how smile

EDIT:
need some help compiling with lua xD
I get this error:

../bam/bam.lua: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `"0.4"'
../bam/bam.lua: line 1: `CheckVersion("0.4")'

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

I added Win64 version. So, who has 64-bit Windows, now you can play in native, non-32-emu mode smile

Sorry for my english sad

But why it laggs when i see a enemy or respawn or something?!

Can you answer me? hmm

sofast :<

Programming is similar to sex. If you make a mistake, you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Can you give me the source in a zip or rar file packed?

Sorry for my bad english

Ok, see on Z-Team forum, below Win64 version link.

Sorry for my english sad