Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

possibly make a 64 bit version for windows

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

P.S. @ Azon: All the ideas that are still gray, have they just not been discussed or undecided to which category it falls under?

Gray suggestions have no definitive yes or no for future versions. Although there is never total certainty what will be the next priority of the development team you can consider green suggestions as future additions, red suggestions as complete negatives and gray suggestions as "possible but not yet on the developers mind". The reason most suggetions are still gray is due to the simple fact that there's no really concrete developing plan, and things can change whenever the development team might decide on a certain strategy.

Its will be great if i can search servers by gametype and map!

@ FireDrift: This is allready possible, gametype can be filtered in the filter tab, and if you want to search for a map, just type the map name into quicksearch.

Hey guys I'm new and have an idea.
Vehciles and some big maps to go with them.
There'd be a variety from dirt bikes, to tanks to helicopters etc.  The vehicles could have weapons like machine guns, rpgs and missiles, which would also be available as weapons to shoot them down.
I think it would add alot more fun and action to the game and also something a bit different because of the lack of tee customization.  The problem I have is there isn't enough default things to make it really fun with some thought and strategy put into it.

Cheers

Jackthelad87

hmm... wasnt this idea just 1 page before allready? xD
if i remember right... the answer was NO ^^

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

LOL i just spotted it! It's a shame, i think it could work in some way. I don't know what way but some way.

i have an Idea a Censoring sytem is good for the next version

Please take a look at the list before making suggestions that have already been made. This prevents unnecessary posts with already suggested suggestions. // ~{MS}~ Azon

Editor:
Make death
Clear death

(Same like Collision, but for deathtiles.) Could be a good help for fly/run/race?

110 (edited by Enjoi 2009-12-07 11:00:36)

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned but perhaps add elements to maps and the map editor that actually affect the player like fire, rain, wind, water, quick sand,ice etc.... and making them actually move so that maybe water can have a current in certain situations and rain may create mud reducing traction, wind could move characters in different directions ice could be slippery And if this is a possibility at all, maybe adding a feature in map editor to increase the intensity or speed of an element. I hope u feel this is a good idea!

Enjoi wrote:

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned but perhaps add elements to maps and the map editor that actually affect the player like fire, rain, wind, water, quick sand, etc.... and making them actually move so that maybe water can have a current in certain situations and rain may create mud reducing traction, wind could move characters in different directions And if this is a possibility at all, maybe adding a feature in map editor to increase the intensity or speed of an element. I hope u feel this is a good idea!

i think it would to too complex for teeworlds, as it is a simple-to-play game. but if you can use mods with boosts (wind), water (...), melt-tiles (fire) etc.

For new accounts their nationality should be displayed, with also a gray question mark flag for those that don't want to share that. > http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3679 <

Also, you shouldn't be able to open up more than two teeworlds applicants, or others might open up multiple teeworlds and go into the same sever and control it. Plus it's really not needed anyway. :\

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

113 (edited by Lanta 2009-12-08 08:28:01)

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

Also, you shouldn't be able to open up more than two teeworlds applicants, or others might open up multiple teeworlds and go into the same sever and control it. Plus it's really not needed anyway. :\

No no and NO.
I love, for example, leave 2 teeworlds opened in 2 different servers for have a free slot in both.

By the way, I like your first idea of flags.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

Lanta wrote:

No no and NO.
I love, for example, leave 2 teeworlds opened in 2 different servers for have a free slot in both.

Eeih... That might be fun for you. But I do think it can become more of a problem. It already happened to a sever once while I was in it, but thankfully he only did that to prove a point.

Tyno wrote:

i have an Idea a Censoring sytem is good for the next version

It... won't really work. People have ways of being rebellious like saying "F-*-C-K you!" After a while they might just bind that saying since it would take a while to type that all out. And since is has - spacing between the letters, it won't come up as word to censor. So... No, bad idea.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

What about a flamethrower as a weapon? I think that would fit into the teeworlds-style. Would be really nice

Please take a look at the list before making suggestions that have already been made. This prevents unnecessary posts with already suggested suggestions. // ~{MS}~ Azon

What about a RCON which is accessible from outside of the game through telnet/etc. ?

Or an enhancement of the teeworlds-server which could allow command input to "stdin"?!

http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3927

i dunno if they are going to build this in but its allready working quite good smile

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Wuld be nice if there was a feature to search for clients instead of servers so i can find a friend and join the server on which he's playing...
Then there could also be a friend list feature (like in MSN) where you have a list of who is online and wo's not.

Haaa-hiyahaaa-poooo-hiya!!! mad

u allready can search for names :\

*gV* rox ^^

Goodbyekitty wrote:

Wuld be nice if there was a feature to search for clients instead of servers so i can find a friend and join the server on which he's playing...
Then there could also be a friend list feature (like in MSN) where you have a list of who is online and wo's not.

Well, such a feature would require an account-based system.
There is currently no way to make sure that a player on a server is the one you are searching for...

I think you can add the concept of "friends" where you can add those who are familiar with, etc. and their status and the server.

Hi Guys,

I think I have a good idea. I think it will be good to have a little map in the right up edge where you can see all other Tees which are colored like the teams. I think its a good idea...

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

ELO~281 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I think I have a good idea. I think it will be good to have a little map in the right up edge where you can see all other Tees which are colored like the teams. I think its a good idea...

But wouldn't that be just like spectator?

no...only a little map which shoes where all Tees are and maybe the flags...its not a team like spectator, red or blue. It comes when you join the game...

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

Eeehhh...I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what you are saying. So it's a place you can go in any maps were you can see everything in the map without moving the screen?