Topic: Display player nationality

Hello world
I know that teeworlds is developed following the KISS principe, and I also know that devs don't want anything more on the score panel. But I think that displaying a country flag near the player's name wouldn't be superfluous, and wouldn't complicate the panel. Something like the second or third line of this mockup would be perfect :
http://azmeuk.fr/upload/files/mockup_teeworlds.png
Moreover it could indicate in what language we can talk and also prevent some players to write their nationality in their names.
What do you think of that ?

Play ctf_fall if you dare!

Re: Display player nationality

really nice idea smile

lordskelethom - want to reach me quickly? https://discord.gg/teeworlds

very nice... but it should be done automatically by IP or by a setting option?

I think this will be probably done after they will integrate a registration system

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

I wouldn't like others to know my nationality right away, but as a selectable option it would have it's purposes I guess.

Seems useless, just put [FRA] in your nick if you think people wants to know where you're from.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

no flags are great but you can an and disabel it in the settings

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Domination Mod "Developer"
« Uptee Designer

I like the option for flags, if only to broadcast your lingual ability.

I'm an instant addict of Teeworlds. I'm currently hosting "Brad's House of Pain (bHOP)," a New England based server.

The edited picture looks like something that would fit into teeworlds. nice idea! smile

9 (edited by azmeuk 2009-03-26 12:36:56)

Does an admin have an advice about it ?

Play ctf_fall if you dare!

Nice idea, I don't think that is the first priority for the dev's, but that should be done some time.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

great idea smile and I think there are would be another option instead of flags... text (for instance  [FR] , [GER] and other)

Icq 356259771
JID:wixur@jabber.ru