Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

As far as I understand he counted the number of servers (example of 3rd row: 2 out of 15 [sum]) and talks about the number of necessary kills on each server: in our example 3,75. Lets say 8 people are playing 4 against 4, the score limit was set to 15. I guess this depends on the expected / average number of players.

But in general I like your approach to refurbish older default gametypes!

Dune wrote:

Assuming a full sever, these are the points/kills each player would have to make in order for the their team to win:
5 severs needed 2.5 (points)
3 needed 5
2 needed 3.75
2 needed 6.25
1 needed 12.5
1 needed 250 (this person must have been crazy)
and 1 needed 3

I really didn't understand that part.

X servers required each player of one team to get Y points in order to win

Bee wrote:

I'm not sure if TDM needs new scoring or common sever rules but I'd like to see it popular in the vanilla community. smile If I had to make a suggestion to make TDM unique, it would be to revise the game as a whole. I thought about it and took some ideas from the survivor mod. Say each player starts with 5 spawn lives at the beginning. If a player dies 5 times, losing all their spawn lives, they automatically go to spectate until the round is over; however, if a teammate can finish off and spectate 2 enemy players in a row without him dying, he is able to rescue 1 teammate of his choice (game would likely have to be paused so the player doesn't die while he chooses) or perhaps a teammate could be automatically chosen based on their score. This rescued teammate would be given 3 spawn lives before reentering.

This can create more of a team spirit because while any player can kill another player, the best advantage to the team as a whole is to let one or a few particular players get that last kill that sends an enemy into spectators. This also means some players could act as the guard for these special players.
Perhaps as a quirk, for every enemy a teammate kills without their own death, he get's an additional point for each kill afterwards. So after one kill without death, the next kill he gets two points and then three for the next and so on until his death, which returns killing points to one.

This idea of yours is very "very special". Teeworlds gameplay is about fast and action-packed. This idea isn't fast and action-packed at all. It sounds slow, and it sounds clunky and not a lot of action. 5 lives? Sure, it's an incentive to not die, but that's not the objective of the gametype. TDM is about killing as many people as possible. If you need to kill yourself to get a kill, do it. Rescuing people and pausing the game is "very silly". TDM isn't dodgeball, and hopefully, it never will be. Lay off the DDRACE before you suggest changes to vanilla gameplay.

Bee wrote:

Now for CTF... I love the gametype, really. I just think a few things could be changed in the scoring. Like, killing a flag carrier should be 2 or 3 points to the player. 3 points to the player and 5 to the team for taking the flag from the flag stand. 2 to the player for returning the flag. 8 to the player for capturing the flag. And -2 to the player for killing a teammate.

This does nothing but make points even more "laughable" than they already are. 5 to pick up the flag, great. 8 to capture it? You'd get more points if you spawned, grabbed flag, killed yourself, and repeated than if you actually captured the flag over and over again. I'd rather have no score than that scoring system you suggested.

Bee wrote:

Thoughts?

lol

Ex-King of Teeworlds

yemDX wrote:

This does nothing but make points even more "laughable" than they already are. 5 to pick up the flag, great. 8 to capture it? You'd get more points if you spawned, grabbed flag, killed yourself, and repeated than if you actually captured the flag over and over again. I'd rather have no score than that scoring system you suggested.

I support your point, but technically speaking, flag grab doesn't give points unless they're returned to base.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
yemDX wrote:

I support your point, but technically speaking, flag grab doesn't give points unless they're returned to base.

Ah, that's right, thanks. Assuming they'd be returned in a CTF game, anyway.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

yemDX wrote:

This idea of yours is very "very special". Teeworlds gameplay is about fast and action-packed. This idea isn't fast and action-packed at all. It sounds slow, and it sounds clunky and not a lot of action. 5 lives? Sure, it's an incentive to not die, but that's not the objective of the gametype. TDM is about killing as many people as possible. If you need to kill yourself to get a kill, do it. Rescuing people and pausing the game is "very silly". TDM isn't dodgeball, and hopefully, it never will be. Lay off the DDRACE before you suggest changes to vanilla gameplay.

I sympathize with your view of Teeworlds and keeping its originality but Teeworlds doesn't have to be about any one particular theme. In fact many long lasting and successful industries know this well while many others do just fine by sticking to their roots. But this is really only a game and money isn't on the line, so I don't think you have to be so crude to my suggestions yemDX.
I agree with you that letting yourself die to get a kill can be better than not risking it at all, but, strictly speaking that only applies to CTF where this incentive is strong to frag the enemy flag carrier because it benefits the team as a whole. However in TDM and DM, a player’s net gain isn't effected if he is killed in the process, unless he’s close to winning. Otherwise that only quickens the game.
And for pausing the game to rescue a player, that was one of two possibilities. The other was for there to be an automatic selection for the best player, in spectators, on his team, to then return and fight.

yemDX wrote:

Actually you misunderstood me, as Dune clearified. 5 is to the player for picking the flag up at the flag stand. 8 is to the player for capturing the flag... as in "the touch down" which gives his team 100 points. To merely pick up a dropped flag is 2 points to the player.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Another idea , Could we Finaly get an acc system ?? I hate those stupid fags that copy my name

Teeworlds!!!!

Mr.Pinky wrote:

Another idea , Could we Finaly get an acc system ?? I hate those stupid fags that copy my name

Account system won't allow you to register nicknames.

1,209 (edited by Ioannisjanni 2013-01-13 16:00:29)

heinrich5991 wrote:
Mr.Pinky wrote:

Account system won't allow you to register nicknames.

I mean a kind of system that lets you pick a username , and you wont be able to change it. it would connect to the database of teeworlds , something like League of legens has :http://i.imgur.com/dCvA4.jpg

Teeworlds!!!!

Check out this link:
https://www.teeworlds.com/?page=docs&am … ationIdeas

Well , thanks BeaR , maybe in the scoreboard there could be a sign showing if its a registered user or if its just a nick

Teeworlds!!!!

Mr.Pinky wrote:

Well , thanks BeaR , maybe in the scoreboard there could be a sign showing if its a registered user or if its just a nick

As said, nobody will be able to register a username, not even for showing that it's the right nick.
People will be able to uniquely identify you though, per other means.

What heinrich said.
We know the way it's done in other games, and it won't be this way in Teeworlds.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

heinrich5991 wrote:

People will be able to uniquely identify you though, per other means.

What kind of other means ? ( sorry that im bothering you but i really dont have a clue in what way someone could identify someone else.)

Teeworlds!!!!

Technical
Example Scenario

Items:

A game server referred to as G
    An account server referred to as A located at users.example.com
    Two players called P1 and P2. P1 has the id of p1@users.example.com

Flow:

(action by user) P1 logins into A with his user name and password
[..]

According to the documentation:
You can register to a account server with a username and a password.
The server gives you an id, which is used for identification
But username != ingame nick, they are independent.
Friend can trace/identify/whatever you via the id.

I hope to see anything about my suggestion sad
I have a new one today, enable RTL language in the hole game... chat.. interface... server name... player name
^_^

safaalfulaij wrote:

I have a new one today, enable RTL language in the hole game... chat.. interface... server name... player name
^_^

Explain further?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
safaalfulaij wrote:

^_^

Explain further?

will, when I write arabic the letters are reversed and not connected...
(try writing arabic in the chat..
it's like this in the whole game.. when I tried to translate it to arabic, the letters was as in the chat

1,219 (edited by Nitro 2013-02-10 23:12:53)

The next one is no idea, it is an improvement about the editor.

Some of you know for sure that if u pick a tile and drag your curser by holding shift over an area you will place the tiles there. But instead of filling the whole place you've marked, there will be 2 rows which weren't filled out.

First picking a tile:
http://www7.pic-upload.de/10.02.13/14ud5jylpde9.png

Then drag an area by holding shift:
http://www7.pic-upload.de/10.02.13/ja9ytgom78uk.png

The dark aera was forgot:
http://www10.pic-upload.de/10.02.13/13b1z4ryp91x.png

The second screen is smaller, but the place i've dragged was the whole with the dark aera.

I hope you understand what i had meant.

That's already easy to do, isn't it? Doesn't really look worth the effort tbh.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

1,221 (edited by Neuxell 2014-07-12 18:51:11)

pls want to dl every1 skin not dl all do this

1,222 (edited by Ioannisjanni 2013-02-17 15:35:26)

Maybe the person joining will automattically upload his/her skin to the server , and that way all other tees could see it , By the server loading it or by making a copy of the skin , that will be auto deleted after you leave the server. And also be able to view a persons skins (in the players tab) and be able to pick one and download it

Teeworlds!!!!

Skin downloading has already been proposed and rejected, please look on the original post for a list of the proposed suggestions.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

1,224 (edited by Ioannisjanni 2013-02-17 18:29:57)

Wait , hold on , In the main post it says : Account based functions (Accounts are currently not implementend, but will be at some point). But why do you guys then tell me accounts wont be implemented ?

Teeworlds!!!!

Mr.Pinky wrote:

Wait , hold on , In the main post it says : Account based functions (Accounts are currently not implementend, but will be at some point). But why do you guys then tell me accounts wont be implemented ?

I don't see/remember when you have been told this, but it is wrong.

There are two possibilities of misunderstanding:
- Accounts will not be implemented for username reservation
- Account system will not be ready by 0.7

Not Luck, Just Magic.