Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

TuX. wrote:

An option for Mumble's Positional Audio would be really cool. Since Version 1.2.0 alpha you can do that by using link: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Link

I've suggested it some times ago, in another post (use the search function if interested). They said me no. But I really like this idea, but maybe when Teeworlds will use an account system. Would be nice to use it, for example, in the same clan.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

77 (edited by Bee 2010-10-28 18:31:38)

I found another idea that is cool. > http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=290 <

But here is how I envisioned new game scoring/stats:

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu177/Really_now/newscoring.png

[Kills] are how many tees you killed.
[Deaths] are how many times you died.
[Damage taken] is how many hearts and shields you lost.
[Damage given] is how many hearts and shields you took from other tees.
[Ratio] is the ratio of D.T. to D.D. takes D.D. and divides it by D.T. then the rounded number is added to your total score. In this case, the rounded number was 3.
[Highest you were] Is how many tees units you were above the ground directly beneath you.
[Fastest you went] is the fastest tees units per minute you went.
[Suicides] Is how many times you hit the bind kill button, killed yourself with the rocket launcher, and feel into kill tiles without anyone hooking your shooting you before hand.
[Team kills] is how many times you killed your teemates. (pun intended)

Under the hook, the 4 boxes stand for:
1) How many times you garbed someone
2) How many times you killed someone while garbing them.

3) How many times you died while being garbed
4) How many times you got garbed.

Under all the weapons the boxes stand for:
1) How many times you killed with this weapon.
2) How many times you used this weapon.
3) How many times you hit someone with this weapon.

The two flags' first box is: how many times you got the flag, how many times you captured the flag, and how many times you died with the flag.
The dead tee with flags first box is how many times you killed enemy carrier and how many times you got back your teams dropped flag.
Your total is your final score and lastly "Good job!" is the rating is words calculated by diving your total by your gaming time. So, it would not be the time you were in spectator and it would be completely erased if you switched teams. Also if someone has a total of 100 and gamed for 25m but someone else has a total of 55 and gamed for 10m, who was better? Well, the one there for 10ms because his score divided by his time gives him a 5.5 while the other guy only 4.

There could be other stuff added to it, but that's the only things I care about. ^_^
**Edit wait there should be more, like: Top killing spree. Longest time you went without: changing your weapon/jumping/dying/getting health/shooting and hooking. And under all the weapons I forgot to add a rounded accuracy percentage. (the times you killed with it, divided by the times you used it, multiplied by 100, and then rounded to the tenths place)
Hammer: 5.7%
Gun: 10.6%
Shotgun: 38.5%
Bazooka: 48.6%
Laser: 47.1%
Katana: N/A
General accuracy: 24.2%

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

78 (edited by Coil 2009-11-26 01:08:37)

|X-treme|Bee - Your suggestions and demonstration are well done!

Wanna know more about me?: Google Profile

79 (edited by Marik 2009-11-26 14:39:57)

Zeratul wrote:

nice idea but i dont think that is it needed, but of coz you are free to create a mod with this tongue

well if you say something like this than this whole topic is totally pointless. Since we can make  mods for all the ideas.

Zeratul wrote:

nice idea but i dont think that is it needed, but of coz you are free to create a mod with this tongue

I think it would be a really nice improvement. You can only see your total score right now and for me I'd like to know all of that info at the end of the game...

Agree with Marik16.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

I also like this idea, but maybe it can be more KISS, like roll-down info under every player, with reduced information. Information about most killed / most killed by would also be funny smile

Drowning dwarves lately

Just today I wanted to play some maps that I haven't played before, just to try something new; but then I realized there isn't a filter option to do that easily. sad

I'd like a new filter option that says:

[  ] Maps played
[X] Maps not played

Along with the others:

[  ] Has people playing
[  ] Sever not full
[  ] No password
[  ] Compatible version
[  ] Standard game type
[  ] Standard map

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

Just today I wanted to play some maps that I haven't played before, just to try something new; but then I realized there isn't a filter option to do that easily. sad

I'd like a new filter option that says:

[  ] Maps played
[X] Maps not played

Along with the others:

[  ] Has people playing
[  ] Sever not full
[  ] No password
[  ] Compatible version
[  ] Standard game type
[  ] Standard map

Oh yes, yes, yes! This would be a great addition.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

my idea was a news Teeworlds Design i think the best design was in teewars 0.2.0

spectator zoom

like in z-pack, i think it would be an good idea

maprotation shouldn't restart from new if an other map was chosen with voting or rcon-command. after the map was won the maprotation should choose the next map of the rotation.

sry if its already included and im wrong ö.Ö but i guess that im not too stupid to use the maprot^^

zizou wrote:

spectator zoom

Um, I think if you zoom in too much, then it will become pixely...right?

|X-treme|Bee wrote:
zizou wrote:

spectator zoom

Right. Of course, it's not like it'll let you zoom in too far.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

|X-treme|Bee wrote:
zizou wrote:

spectator zoom

no it won´t since its vector based tongue

|X-treme|Bee wrote:
zizou wrote:

spectator zoom

not only in-zoom, more important is out-zoom, that you can see more of the maps or the game

@Marik16: I don't think vector based graphics are used here, they are only used for creating skins, but the game uses normal png files, with pixels.

@zizou: zooming out will create the problem, that many backgorunds are not big enough anymore, and you will see, what is around them, so either strage graphic bug, or if gfx_clear is enabled, yellow color.

outzoom should be able to detect how big the map is that you cant outzoom too much

what about vehikles??

here Solek lol
in game The Teelight smile

Solek wrote:

what about vehikles??

NO This isn't Renegade. Besides it wouldn't work anyway. I mean this is a 2D-Side scroller. It's not 3D.

Wanna know more about me?: Google Profile

When you try to play demo and you haven't got the map it was recorded on the game should show error message (e.g. in console), instead of crash..

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

96 (edited by Bee 2010-10-28 18:49:21)

2 more ideas. Yes I know I make a bunch.

Locked idioms in maps
Ever had a map that you put your own logo in, then let the public download it, only to find out later someone took your logo out or even had the gall to say that it's their map? Yea...new thing, we need the option to lock images in a map so others can't use images in theirs, or like I said, take the logo out.
Like something that lets us put a password on an image so it's harder for those who don't know the password to take it out and lets it be un-append-able so they can't use it in there maps.
Even if you don't give people the download link to your map, they still can get your map just by playing it in a sever once. yikes

Auto un-chat
It's kind of a dumber idea but it's worth a try. It's a chat option that automatically takes you out of chat when an enemy comes within X distance so they can't give out damage while you are helplessly in chat.

|X-treme|Bee wrote:

2 more ideas. Yes I know I make a bunch.
Auto un-chat
It's kind of a dumber idea but it's worth a try. It's a chat option that automatically takes you out of chat when an enemy comes within X distance so they can't give out damage while you are helplessly in chat.

That'd be extremely annoying. I have a better idea to stop chatkills: don't chat.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

yemDX wrote:

That'd be extremely annoying. I have a better idea to stop chatkills: don't chat.

Everyone knows people chat. But if you don't like it, that's fine, but I at less thought the map lock was a good idea. I at less know I'd use it for my maps. neutral

as its a free game all things should be free. even maps and its graphics. thats my point, and i hope the point of many other too

100 (edited by Bee 2009-12-01 21:17:01)

Zeratul wrote:

as its a free game all things should be free. even maps and its graphics. thats my point, and i hope the point of many other too

No, no, no. I wasn't talking about the teeworlds graphics. I was talking about member graphics.
Let's say you were made a map with your graphics in it that for some reason you didn't want yet to be released to the public, but you want to know if the game play of the map is good. Solution: Lock the tileset in the map so other can play it, but not use or steal it. :]

P.S. @ Azon: All the ideas that are still gray, have they just not been discussed or undecided to which category it falls under?