1 (edited by munyul 2008-01-04 18:39:21)

Topic: Game scoring/stats

Hi,

It would be cool if in all games extra player stats were collected and then displayed at the end, sush as:

The number of players you killed with each weapon:
Hammer: H
Gun: G
Shotgun: S
Rocket: R
Ninja: N
Suicides: U

K = H + G + S + R + N.
Score = K - U.

To show all stats in a normal DM game would be too much info for the screen, but the N count could be shown, to show which players rely on the Ninja for their kills. In a tournament duel game (1on1) all stats could/should be shown.

Also a damage ratio (for all games) would be interesting, such as:
Damage delt: D (1 point per heart or shield)
Damage recieved: E*
Ratio (O) = D / (E + 1). Values greater than one indicate that the player delt more damage out then what they recieved.

A rating would also be possible: Rating = Score * O.

* Damage recieved is interesting as a player might have recieved more damage, but still have won because they controlled the map better (health + armor). If you damage yourself, it should only be added to the damage recieved, which would lower a players ratio.

Cheers,

Re: Game scoring/stats

Seems cool, but dunno how much it really would make the game better tongue

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

I don't expect it to improve the gameplay at all, however I would expect it to make the arguements after a game far more interesting ...

Player 1: ok, I lost but my ratio is better than yours ... so you only won because you camped the armor and health all the time
Player 2: Well, goes to show that camping the armor is king tongue

hihihi

I for one would love to see my ratio and rating after a game!

4 (edited by Dreamy 2008-01-05 23:03:00)

As a serveroption, maybe, but I think information should be kept quite close too minimum per default. Teewars is supposed too be simplistic, don´t let stats ruin that.

(I am however for showing both kills and deaths)

For the afterdiscussion, the coming demo feature should do a better job smile. Maybe it could be made so you can review it together? With fast forward, rewind and stuff so you can really discuss different moves - like in a Go game on gGo smile.