1 (edited by Acute 2009-10-08 17:13:41)

Topic: [SUGGESTION] Mod Sphere->Sphere DM/TDM/CTF Idea..

Hello @ all.
Thank you that you took a look at this thread.SO i think you want me to explain my idea huh?. Well if you really want me to.. i cant say "no".

Oh and i ADORE icons!

FAQ:

Hey, Acute! What do i have to do in this mod?
-You just have to play like you always do. Just try to obtain as much spheres as you can get..[hehe]

Spheres?Whats this
-Well. While i was playing teeworlds, i thought about a feature that could bring a lot of fun to the monotone gameplay. I thought about Spheres(orbs,balls call it the way you like it smile ...sphere sounds pretty cool..) which would be obtained by a player by walking through it, like  a grenade/shotgun/laser/heart/ammo.

Okay, and whats their Job?
-Oh?! Didnt i say it? Well there are several spheres , and if you walk through them, you ll get a surprise. For example:

Tom94 wrote:

- Blue Spheres: Laser orbs (appears when a laser is reflected by a wall)
- Red Spheres: Hammer hit (appears when hitting a player with the hammer)
- Black Spheres: Static shotgun bullets
- Grey Spheres: Static gun bullets
... and so on.
Just requires a bit of improvisation.

We are still in progress to obtain ideas and suggestions, so you cans till implent your thoughts.

Several important facts/questions:

-The amount of spheres and their effects is not decided yet.
            -possible suggestions to that: -up to 10~15effects {Acute}
                                                                -1sphere contains 2-3randomly choosen effects {Magic Merlin}

-Heres the list of possible effects:
Berserker, Higher damage, infinite ammo, invicible(undeadable), High double jump, faster running, more hp/recharging hp, enhanced hooklength, damaging hook, exploding shoots, vampire(steal hp), robot(steal ammo), more jumps/ammo/health/armor,

Special Credits yet:
http://www2.pic-upload.de/08.10.09/t72peahmads.pngTom94
http://www2.pic-upload.de/08.10.09/t72peahmads.pngZeratul
http://www2.pic-upload.de/08.10.09/t72peahmads.pngMagic Merlin   

Sincerely,

Acute.

Still waiting for someone who can code it. Tom might do this, but he is busy at the moment.
This thread is growing up. Keep it on!
http://www2.pic-upload.de/07.10.09/vzurns3tkccx.gif

------------------------------------
http://www2.pic-upload.de/08.10.09/zsjp7k3nwin9.pngHeres the Edit lounge. i think you are not interested, but i need this to get a whole view about what happened in this thread.Thanks.

-First Idea about new designed spheres in the entities failed.http://www2.pic-upload.de/08.10.09/zpk7wieccz9k.png

-08.10.09 Whole thread edit. Implented new Announcements.Implented toms ideas. implented credits. Implented edit lounge. deleted own FAQhttp://www2.pic-upload.de/08.10.09/u7qa57vg967t.png

-08.10.09 Added points:"The amount of spheres and their effects.."
                                                 "The list of possible effects.."

Use the Search-Button wink
I have plenty ideas, concisting of improving the gameplay/mods/skins/maps
I love Icons                                                                             I hope i can help you

Re: [SUGGESTION] Mod Sphere->Sphere DM/TDM/CTF Idea..

you are not the fist person who have got this idea.
its possible to code this, but if you want to make it really nice you must also code the client.

yep because you cant code into the server-source the spheres (desings)
the serverreaction isnt the problem
and you can code it without the designs, but like bobynator said before: it wont be really nice
but maybe that you randomly by picking up a weapon get a feature, like +1 projectile or something like that...

4 (edited by Acute 2009-10-07 18:02:55)

Zeratul wrote:

yep because you cant code into the server-source the spheres (desings)
the serverreaction isnt the problem
and you can code it without the designs, but like bobynator said before: it wont be really nice
but maybe that you randomly by picking up a weapon get a feature, like +1 projectile or something like that...

oh sad, that makes me sad.

but to obtain the weapons is not what i wanted :'(

-------
Edit:

whats with the nrace entities, the arrows?! they are designed too!!

I love Icons                                                                             I hope i can help you

yes, but its the same like your mod. you wont see the arrows ingame, only in the editor with your entities. if you see the arrows ingame, they are made into the map. you can do it also, but its a really bad variante, because if some1 dont do it, you arent able to see where they are.... hope you understand what i mean^^

Zeratul wrote:

yes, but its the same like your mod. you wont see the arrows ingame, only in the editor with your entities. if you see the arrows ingame, they are made into the map. you can do it also, but its a really bad variante, because if some1 dont do it, you arent able to see where they are.... hope you understand what i mean^^

sure i did, well then i will be the only one who makes maps with this. I will just rework Dm2, ctf5 and so on... the standard maps okay? because then there is no problem. you would code the effect, i ll make the map, and use the entities as an tileset well?

Acute wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

sure i did, well then i will be the only one who makes maps with this. I will just rework Dm2, ctf5 and so on... the standard maps okay? because then there is no problem. you would code the effect, i ll make the map, and use the entities as an tileset well?

Sry tp destroy your dreams... but you can't combine the code and the map how it is displayed by the client.
(-> e.g. no dynamic sphere creation by the server)

Anyways to answer your FAQ:
#1 I like the idea. Kinda reminds me of berserker, juggernaut, U Damage, etc of UT

#2 It is indeed codeable (just without special designs).
My way to code this would be:
... and so on. smile

So far:
- Berserker (faster shooting)
- Higher damage
- Invisible (not invincible a.k.a. "undeadable")
- High double jump (certain amount)
- Infinite ammo
- ... I bet I get more ideas if I invest some time.

I currently code many things, but I like the idea pretty much.
I might code this later on.

~{MonkeyStyle}~ - Instagib Teeworlds Clan
VISIT US: http://monkeystyle.xooit.com/
Check out our IRC channel: #monkeystyle on QuakeNet || Also check out the TeeWiki: http://teewiki.info

Faster running
More hp / recharging hp
Longer hook
Hook deals dmg
Ur shots explode on impact

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

Tom94 wrote:
Acute wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

Sry tp destroy your dreams... but you can't combine the code and the map how it is displayed by the client.
(-> e.g. no dynamic sphere creation by the server)

Anyways to answer your FAQ:
#1 I like the idea. Kinda reminds me of berserker, juggernaut, U Damage, etc of UT

... and so on. smile

So far:
- Berserker (faster shooting)
- Higher damage
- Invisible (not invincible a.k.a. "undeadable")
- High double jump (certain amount)
- Infinite ammo
- ... I bet I get more ideas if I invest some time.

I currently code many things, but I like the idea pretty much.
I might code this later on.

Mhh i think your right. And your idea is great. You cant imagine how happy i am, that youre trying to make this real with me smile. Everyone who helped will get Special Credits smile.

So i really like your id, about the spheres their features and the kind how to make it happen.

well lets do this.

Seems nice that you are all interested. Well then i will Edit the topic later, and implent your ideas. Then we just have tow ait for someone who can code it smile.

vampire
   - get heal with dealing damage on sb
robot
   - get armor with dealing damage on sb
ammo_thief
   - steal ammo of the hit enemy
more jumps (not 2 -> 5...)
more ammo for weapons
more health/armor

Zeratul wrote:

vampire
   - get heal with dealing damage on sb
robot
   - get armor with dealing damage on sb
ammo_thief
   - steal ammo of the hit enemy
more jumps (not 2 -> 5...)
more ammo for weapons
more health/armor

well i like your jump idea. that should be implented.
But i dont want that there are like 20effects! It should be 10maximum. Otherwise its to hard, to get right with it.

Hope you understand me.. smile. We have to keep it simple and easy.

-----------------------------
Furthermore:
What do ya think? How much secs should the effect be available? I thought about something like 20Secs.

should be different, for each effect

Zeratul wrote:

should be different, for each effect

ah sure, youre right ó.ò blackout -_-...

mhm i will collect the ideas, and choose randomly up to 10 effects, then i will update the post, and we ll wait for a/some coder(s)

15 (edited by Magic Merlin 2009-10-08 16:48:23)

Maybe u should get 1 random of 2-3 effects possible. And the effects should be similar.
Like: u can get either more jumps or faster running from a blue sphere.
Or: more Ammo or more health from a grey 1.

That way u could use more effects.

Maybe in non team gametypes u could colour the Tees like the spheres they just picked up.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

Magic Merlin wrote:

Maybe u should get 1 random of 2-3 effects possible. And the effects should be similar.
Like: u can get either more jumps or faster running from a blue sphere.
Or: more Ammo or more health from a grey 1.

That way u could use more effects.

Maybe in non team gametypes u could colour the Tees like the spheres they just picked up.

this is a way to implent more effects, maybe we firstly to get a whole overwiew about it.

The idea with the colored tee is not bad, if its not much work to code this too, we could implent this in the beta, and see how it works.

I will edit now new important questions: like the respawnrate!?

//EDIT: Added zeratul and amgic merlin to the Special credits, because of plenty ideas and helpfully posts. Thank youhttp://www2.pic-upload.de/08.10.09/t72peahmads.png

18 (edited by Acute 2009-10-08 17:23:19)

Oh. Well sure im new in this forum, but i was in several else ago. So i almost know the "standard forum rules" and i also read http://www.teeworlds.com/?page=docs&wiki=ForumRules.

Still i have an uncleared question, if its allowed to give some "non-thread-important" information , called "offtopic"
in my own thread. i Ecspecially  ask the mod´s with this. Because i would be pleased, if i could give some personal emotions like:- "Wow im a member yet, but i just joined 2days ago! Im so happy i have to write that, even if no ones interested" -Stuff. If its not allowed i wont be angry. This is just an uncleared question.

Thank you.

Acute

//EDIT: changed "wether" to "even if" lol...

i could also help to code this, i coded already the vampir and robot, more jumps... for my mod

Zeratul wrote:

i could also help to code this, i coded already the vampir and robot, more jumps... for my mod

Okay if you are able to, but then you have to talk with the (if therer will be some) other coders.

Another idea to add could be this.
When a player took the katana, instead of giving him the katana power, he get a random power of the spheres until death.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

mrlantastic wrote:

When a player took the katana, instead of giving him the katana power, he get a random power of the spheres until death.

and how to get the ninja then?
or do you mean if he has already the ninja?

23 (edited by Lanta 2009-10-10 12:19:35)

Zeratul wrote:
mrlantastic wrote:

and how to get the ninja then?
or do you mean if he has already the ninja?

The ninja is useless. Instead of giving him the ninja, when he took the katana, we could give us a random power until his death.

Support Staff - ESL.eu Teeworlds Admin

24 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2009-10-10 12:35:29)

or we code new entities
and instead of get teleportet or whatever you get the sphere

Tom94 wrote:

... and so on.

you dont understand, do you?

Tom94 wrote:

... and so on.

this are the graphics. like in watermod the waterdoors