Re: [MOD] fng

My intention is not to kill your mod, it is the best i've ever played.
Unfortunately your server is always fulln and unlike what you say, the open source mod (such RACE) are still popular.

My project is to release only the source, to prevent lambda users (beginner) lunching servers anywhere & anyhow

Mika.

things you should never forget:
- the mod is in beta
- the mod needs many players, and without full servers it isnt fun
- you can cheat yourself if you host a server
- you can cheat yourself if you change the source
- you can destroy the official servers if you do one of these things

Zeratul wrote:

- you can cheat yourself if you host a server
- you can cheat yourself if you change the source

That's true, but i'm not cheating, and how will I cheat ? By modifying the score ? This is not my plan.

Zeratul wrote:

- you can destroy the official servers if you do one of these things

Official server is already destroyed with bots. Although, if Appendice were connected more times, he could ban botter. (Wahou, this is not realy english xD)

Mika.

I would like to give you guys some kind of a current status report.

The bad news is that I managed to toast my graphics card. I had to replace my old GeForce 6600GT with an old GeForce FX 5200. The „new“ card isn't strong enough to run multiple instances of teeworlds. That means I need to think about new ways to debug and test the mod.

Now the good news: That doesn't mean I can't do anything. I'm currently thinking about new stuff and features for the game. And because I don't write the mod for just myself, I would like to hear from you guys what kind of features you would like to have in fng. Post them here and I'll see if they fit into the mod.

Besides from that, I'm going to focus more on the sacrificing part of the game and I'm thinking about to rename the mod. So any suggestion on a new name are welcome too.

greetings,
Sheng.

Yet another lich...

Some Ideas:

Birds:
Thunderbird: Kills all unfrozen ppl in range
Firebird: Melts all frozen in range
Icebird: Freezes all people in range
Spikebird (dont know if possible): Jumps out of the spikes and hooks every player in range (every player is connected to the bird with a strong constant hook). Bird falls back into spikes and pulls every player with it that failed to save himself.

Power Up:

Sacrificing the enemy leader (guy with highest score) gives a chance for a team power up.
possible power ups: Faster melting, higher reload, 3 bounces, greater range. gives 1 of those power ups for the whole team for 10 to 20 seconds.

Shrine controle:

Like in domination there is 1 point that has to be controled. Only the team in controle can score.

I'll post something if i get more ideas ^^

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

56 (edited by jxsl13 2009-12-30 12:59:42)

your ideas are really nice
i would really like if sheng  would code  and make a test server for fng v2.0
i d really like to test it

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Finally found the owner of this fantastic mod! I have to tell you that I love it very much! I used to be playing CRAZYmod until they closed the servers ( :'( anyone knows why?). But then I found fng and have been playing it ever since. It's also the only server that I play.

Some things that annoy me at the moment on the server:
1. bots - please try and get either yourself or get some active playing friend with admin command to go online often and ban them. Many are very open with their botting, even telling people they're doing it. It really ruins the game for everyone else!
2. full servers - launch a third maybe? I don't agree with someone who posted earlier that fng is only fun during full servers. Me and my brother enjoys it most when there are like 3-5 people on each team. When servers are full it's often too crowded and everyone are hooking and shooting their teammates and noone manages to drag anyone anywhere.
3. afk people - people afk in the servers forever because they want to be able to play later when the server(s) might be full. Easy solution - afk kick and/or more servers.
4. points for pit-kills - many, especially bots, only freeze enemies to hunt a big highscore but don't drag them into the pit. They don't care about teamscore. I read that you had tried this and that it ended up with people 'stealing' others freezed enemies. But what about making it so if you drag your own freezes into the pits you get like 10 points and if you drag someone elses freeze into the pit you get 2 points? Or maybe lower kill score to 5 and add 5-10 more points when you drag your own kill into the pit.

I read that you're working to fix some of these, but these are things that currently annoy me.

I like your ideas, Merlin, on the new birds (except Spikebird which I didn't really understand I think) and the power up. They could add to some new action and fun in the game!

Except for that - keep up the great work with your mod! I love it, usually play it a few hours every day when I don't have anything to do.

Well the afk kicker is something that really needs to be done...
Finding a good and aktiv admin might take some time.
I think the MOD was released so everybody could launch a server if they wanted.

And about the Spike bird - It just ninjas out of the spikes puts a hook into everyone in range and then dropps back into the spikes pulling all frozens and others with it.
Yeah, its pretty complicated.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

Can you plz give the link for this mod ?

Meks wrote:

Can you plz give the link for this mod ?

I don't know if you can download the one that is running on the servers, but there is a developer site, which probably has the source.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fng/

btw best mod ever!

-_- no-i need real mod and config (

Meks wrote:

-_- no-i need real mod and config (

That IS a real mod, you clone the fng git repository and compile it. Since I am a nice person, I compiled a Linux version of the latest git from 309 days ago. No idea if it works, and I think it's a little different than the online fng servers.

fng_srv - x86 Linux - MediaFire

Though I can imagine you have Windows and this is no help to you... Also I have no idea about config options.

localhost:~# ./teeworlds_srv_fng -f ./fng.cfg
./teeworlds_srv_fng: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.6.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I have this error while i launch your version(

but the admin of real fng can put the link here ?!...admin !!! ...hey !!.....

can we have the windows binary pls?

POUR TOUS LES FRACAIS,NOUS RECRUTONS DANS NOTRE TEAM CRAZING: http://www.crazing.webou.net/

Sh1k wrote:

localhost:~# ./teeworlds_srv_fng -f ./fng.cfg
./teeworlds_srv_fng: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.6.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I have this error while i launch your version(

I would say you need to install python.

Meks wrote:

but the admin of real fng can put the link here ?!...admin !!! ...hey !!.....

Author of this mod doesn't even have account on the forum, Magic Merlin is just a messenger. Also, he hasn't developed this mod for a year now.

mandy-bg wrote:

can we have the windows binary pls?

I don't have a windows system, so can't compile for windows, but you could do it yourself or hope someone sees your request.

i have the self problem hmm i have python sad

I am Rápido ;D

69 (edited by Lartza 2010-06-15 09:21:04)

Actually, the code doesn't work. Even if you have python it propably will not work.
I tested it with another system and don't get python error, but I get "ImportError: No module named base" so there is something wrong with the source.

Possibilities for the python problem are... you have python3 or 2.7, not python 2.6. Your library is named different than what the server looks for(this can be due to new version or new release by distribution packagers.)

I might look into this and maybe make this my project, to code new fng, but we'll see that...
EDIT: Ignore that. fng source is heavily modified and would need a complete rewrite, which I am not skilled nor interested enough to do.

You have to create a folder called "modes" and to put it into the python libs.
Then put these files in the "modes" folder.

NOTE: Unless someone pays, there will never be a Windows executable server.

Hi everyone,
I made an fng map with a nice new tileset but am having trouble getting it to the relevant parties.
Full thread here: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 627#p71627
Thanks for any help!

this mod is good only for aimbot!

CarmineZ wrote:

this mod is good only for aimbot!

I don't want to open a big can of worms, but I think you'll find very few good FNG players who agree.
Something that might be hard to readily see is that after you've played fng1 long enough, you develop an extremely refined sense of where people are going to be, when, and with what kind of speed. A player who has good aim anyway, plus more practice playing with the laser alone than vanilla players can readily get, will wind up making a lot of "telepathic" shots which can seem kind of unbelievable to others. This is especially true for players with maximum res and dyn.
I don't know a lot about aimbots, but my understanding is that the readily available ones can't make ricochet shots. If you spec good players and observe, you'll see them making a fair number of "bot-like" shots with a ricochet. I believe you'd also find that outside of fng1, the aiming abilities of all fng players take some kind of hit due to the lack of the aforementioned fng1-specific-sixth-sense.   
I play on Blumentopfshakes quite a bit. Obviously I can't say I literally "know" that none of the good regular players there use bots, since I'm not there irl looking over their shoulders, but I believe that none of them do. The reason is that they all make mistakes, and not the kind of narrow-miss mistakes a bot makes due to lag, but more mistakes that occur because you feint them into aiming at the wrong place at the wrong time while fighting them. A player with an aimbot has immunity to this, and yet none of the regular FNG players I play with are inordinately perfect at it. It's true that someone using a bot could just fake this kind of mistake every once in a while to make their botting harder to detect, but I believe it would start to look artificial to a pretty good fng player, which I deign to say I am, and I haven't seen it. More significantly, it seems highly likely that the average botter doesn't really care to hide it much or at all, and since I don't see anyone immune to taking shots against me on a somewhat regular basis that, by random mistake or by my feinting, are just plain wrong, I'm pretty confident inferring that odds are high that few if any of those people are botting.
For the incredulous, another way of looking at is this: observe how much time and energy I spent writing all this out, and then think about how much time and energy I probably have on my hands I have to play FNG. After a while, you just get good with the laser...

75 (edited by Ecoze 2010-09-16 10:24:39)

creator of fashion FNG can I config myself, I mode shove server 24 / 7 in Krasnoyarsk, Russia With the tag [tee.ranetka.ru] give this mod does not undertake to whom not to ... My e-mail: stomper33@yandex.ru, ICQ: 604-235-190, skype: sayn1232 Waiting for reply

Sorry my bad english big_smile
Translate through google yikes