Topic: 0.7 beta released!

So with some delay here comes the 0.7.0 release. It comes with a new menu, 2 new gametypes, new skin system, spoofing protection, new maps, no further need for tileset border fix and dilate, and more.
Thanks to Sushi Tee and Zatline for the new menu, to choupom for the new skin system, to heinrich5991 for the anti-spoofing system, to Sonix and Zatline for the new maps, to matricks for the graphics fix and to everyone else who contributed to this release.

A complete list of changes can be found here.

Remember the 80s - good times smile

2 (edited by ZombieToad 2018-10-15 00:23:48)

Re: 0.7 beta released!

the new menu is a downgrade for me tbh. its sqaure and looks like shit.̶ a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶r̶b̶r̶o̶w̶s̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶l̶i̶s̶t̶s̶?̶
edit: nvm found it

also rip broadcast and changing name/skin while on a server.
but the new skin system is nice

3 (edited by jxsl13 2018-10-15 00:32:36)

lol

Second!

edit: please update the main site download section!

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

jxsl13 wrote:

lol

Second!

Yes pls

Zalioris wrote:
jxsl13 wrote:

Yes pls

gotta wait on heinreich to create all the downloads big_smile

6 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2018-12-14 14:48:45)

Those are some incredible news! Thanks a lot Oy and all the Teeworlds team! Long Life To Teeworlds! big_smile

However I do not think the new UI is much of an improvement, it's a bit more confusing too.
I don't understand why I can't change my skin during gameplay, is that because of the ancient skin bots?
Press an emoticon still doesn't change your eyes, all the mods support this extra layer of expression, and you can't change the emotion that you are using neither, you're forced to not be happy nor mad, nor surprised.

A server browser that could be viewed while playing would be really helpful.

Since an account system is not to be implemented it would be nice, at least, for the client to ask the player if he's new or not and show servers for skilled or not skilled players, the non-differentiation of skilled from new years is what is has killed vanilla and most of the mods.

A simple setting on the client that registered the information if the player was new or not and a server setting that would inform the master servers if the server is designed to host new or skilled players would be great.

I don't like how the new tabs on the menus work, by mistake, on the setting menu I clicked on the button that changed the key for VOTE YES for MOUSE 1 and couldn't use the game anymore, of course I fixed the issue one seconds later but I find this design flaw to make new users completely frustrated for not being able to play without knowing why.
A simple confirmation dialog or the prevention of assigning keys like MOUSE 1 to different commands from the obvious one that everyone uses would be great.

I like how the updated engine works, gameplay and movement is sharp.

I understand that the new (connecting) bots are one of the major reasons why 0.7  has been released at this state, but if 0.6.5 already fixes the issue, why would you guys need to rush-release 0.7?

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Hurray!
Ideally we should put up some list of significant changes.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

Hurray!
Ideally we should put up some list of significant changes.

I’ll make a post about new maps and map changes later today.

Oy and other developers, thanks for the hard work! Good movement! Hope community respond with new energy

Will this version also come to steam soon ?

There are still tons of things that should be fixed and changed first.
I think that it'd be a better idea to change them before that.

Is it just me or there is no download links for binaries?

lucid.dreaming wrote:

You were looking at the source which you will have to compile for yourself, if u dont want to deal with it here: https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/releases

Oy wrote:

So with some delay here

Only, y'know, about half a decade. tongue

Nice! I and many others I know were of the opinion that this release would never actually see the light of day! Will the releases be completely relegated to Github only from now on, or will the website also be updated to reflect this at some point? (never mind)

I have my complaints and criticisms about the actual quality of this new version, but I'll save them until things are completely finalized (including my opinions) and the majority of community has acknowledged this new release. I know many won't be in a hurry to switch over, myself included, mostly due to the fact that many of us use client mods and blah blah blah.... everyone has heard this a million times. Just, "wow 0.7! big_smile" is accurate enough

no

dese' wrote:
lucid.dreaming wrote:

You were looking at the source which you will have to compile for yourself, if u dont want to deal with it here: https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/releases

Thank you so much big_smile, but unfortunately there is no 32 bit linux version, i will compile it myself big_smile it is easy for me, then it is ok.

16 (edited by Brokecdx 2018-10-16 06:30:24)

When you press whatever emote eyes remains the same, which isn't an upgrade at all. Should still change to angry eyes when pressing an angry emote, and so for others. Also could be nice to add an external eye display inside the emote wheel. e.g. Choosing angry/closed/happy/pain/open eyes for infinite time. All eyes look very weird and not teeish imo.

Missing language support for chinese/japanese/korean.

Players name/clan/country should not be on settings section + you cant change anything while in a game.

Ui sometimes confusing need more than 2 clicks to leave a server in case you were in settings previously. Adding a server browser while ingame and a Disconnect button that is constantly showing when pressing esc would improve it.

Server browser with dropdown menus for favourite servers is confusing making Tabs would be more beneficial and less confusing.

Showing who is playing in the server is less comfortable if you have to drag your mouse over the chosen server, could be displayed on the right side by default.

To make it easier to navigate you could also leave GAME/PLAYERS/SERVERINFO/CALLVOTE on top and when pressing settings making tabs appearing sideways.

In "call vote" section text is too close to the border.

Very unclear vision when pressing on Demos, for me who has about more than 4200 demos it's literally impossible to find the right demo, add sort by feature and make it smaller to let more demos appear at once.

You could also add a feature to change background picture. Good idea to change day/night mode though.

And last but not least it would be a perfect time to add DDrace to default gamemod such as CTF/TDM/DM.

Teeworlds since 08

Really need Tutorial for newbies.
Chinese language pls.
ddrace great mod add it pls.

Teeworlds never die.

after years...!
Good job team. wink

~~~~Simple

Woah, this was a lot faster than I could have imagined! Honestly!! smile

Thanks to all the people who contributed! Can't wait to test it out!

Loving TW since 2010 smile

20 (edited by fameless 2018-10-17 12:34:34)

Wow I'm impressed you've reacted to the spoofing. I never imagined to see 0.7 as an reaction to it.

Tho you totally messed it up.
The menue is a total downgrade of what existed.I dont even want to mention the graphics and reworked tilesets. x.X
The skin option is quite nice, but not needed. You should have invested some time in upgrading the gameplay instead of its outer appearence. I didnt find a single gameplay change tho. Except for the Scoreboard in CTF. It seems a touched flag doesnt matter nowadays.

All in all after a few tests, 0.7's release is too early or too late? I cant decide... For what you've changed its a way too late, but what for what needs to be done, its a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to early.

/Edit: Maybe dune can come up with a first custom client soon, that brings back the old menue set up big_smile

1338 - One step ahead of the average Nerd.

21 (edited by Sonix 2018-10-17 13:03:11)

fameless wrote:

I dont even want to mention the graphics and reworked tilesets. x.X

No graphics or tilesets were reworked, except for the grass tilesets (pretty much untouched with some additions). So I don’t know what you’re talking about.

New and cleaner graphics (clean images without dilate and such tools applied on them) will probably get introduced in the next release.

Why there is no Sakha (yakut) language in 0.7.0? hmm Was present in 0.6.4 and 0.6.5

23 (edited by lucid.dreaming 2018-10-19 00:14:54)

I compiled the client, and i had to move the binary to datasrc/ cuz it wasn't displaying the images and texts correctly.

Also it compiled in debug mode.

Just saying.

lucid.dreaming wrote:

I compiled the client, and i had to move the binary to datasrc/ cuz it wasn't displaying the images and texts correctly.

Also it compiled in debug mode.

Just saying.

Please visit https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12540 if you need more help! You have to do "content" to get the /data/ folder.

I will be banned if I troll again ...

Deepfinder wrote:

Please visit https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12540 if you need more help! You have to do "content" to get the /data/ folder.

yikes Oh, i didn't know there is a 'content' target, thank you big_smile.